[0.9.024 Android Public] Saved games, autosaves, and settings all gone

AmanitaVerna

Nov 17, 2022
I have the Android version of the JS port of TiTS on my phone. The other day, I updated it to 0.9.024. I'm pretty sure I've played it since then and my settings and saved games all still existed at the time. I did not uninstall the old version (0.9.023?), I installed the new one while the old one was still installed because I am well aware that uninstalling things can (but doesn't always?) cause Android (or at least my Android version) to delete their data.

Tonight when I opened the app:
1. It asked me if I wanted to be notified of updates. "Strange," I thought, "didn't I already answer this question?" But I clicked yes anyways.
2. It loaded the main menu, but the theme was the default. I had been using the Neon theme. All the language filters have been reset to default also (i had turned some on, made some changes to some, and added some custom ones to mostly successfully try to get the game to stop referring to my female character's dick as her "malehood" and things like that). It has forgotten all of that.
3. I hit Data, but all the save slots were empty, all the autosave slots too, and autosaves were turned off again (i had had them turned on).

I then closed the app, and opened the website, and it gave me the "are you 18?" screen, even though I had previously told it to remember me (and it had been remembering me, before). But surely that must be a coincidence, because that couldn't possibly be connected...

This happened to me once before, also, with the web version, back before there was an Android version of the JS port. At the time, since it had never happened with Flash version, I assumed it was solely an issue with playing through a browser.

Where are the saves and settings stored when using the APK for the JS port? I found an Android/data/com.fenoxo.tits folder, but both the cache and files folders inside it are empty, even after changing the theme again so that the settings should have been saved.

Animefan666

Sep 6, 2020
The inner workings of an APK, to my knowledge, are inaccessible on mobile. I encountered a similar issue with Minecraft PE, in which my worlds were stored within the app itself, resulting in being unable to add mods. The solution was essentially to delete all worlds and change the storage location from internal to external, forcing worlds to be stored in a reachable location on my phone and manually creating a Minecraft folder so the app knew to dump all of the necessary data there.

There is no such option for this app. The closest thing is making frequent use of Save to File.