[0.9.001-PUBLIC#2028] Nova bug, joining player makes her disappear. Player fix included.

Space

Sep 6, 2015
Attempting to take nova with you, off the ship gives this message, and then completely disappears from the game.
(Nova is no longer on your crew. You are now carrying her along with you.) You acquire Description (x0)

A fix ingame for this is to immediately ask her to stay on the ship and then take her with you again.
(Nova is no longer on your crew. You are now carrying her along with you.) You acquire gooey coverings (x1)

Attachments

• [0.9.001-PUBLIC#2028].png
    [0.9.001-PUBLIC#2028].png
    151.8 KB · Views: 8
  • [0.9.001-PUBLIC#2028]2.png
    [0.9.001-PUBLIC#2028]2.png
    141.9 KB · Views: 8

DrunkZombie

Apr 12, 2018
Minnesota, USA
ok, i figured out what is broken in your game but not how it got that way. Without getting too technical, when you leave nova on the ship you give her the armor object to carry and it is removed from your inventory. When you take her off the ship, you take the armor object back from her and it is placed in your inventory. Somehow instead of gray goo armor, your nova is carrying a placeholder armor object. Which is why you are not getting anything. At least you seem to have a workaround.

If you can recall anything you might have done to lose the gray armor object let me know. Perhaps dropping it somewhere, save editing, or anything else you can think of. Without steps to replicate it or more people coming foward with the same problem, I have to assume it was caused by a fluke occurrence or something that has already been fixed.

Space

Sep 6, 2015
If you can recall anything you might have done to lose the gray armor object let me know. Perhaps dropping it somewhere, save editing, or anything else you can think of. Without steps to replicate it or more people coming foward with the same problem, I have to assume it was caused by a fluke occurrence or something that has already been fixed.
was the first time taking nova off the ship, but I think I recruited her on the flash version before transferring save.

criticAlls

May 4, 2018
I'm having the same problem, I transferred over my save from flash and have had her recruited for a while now. This is, however, the first time I've decided to take her out and the first time I choose the option to "take" her I get the weird message OP got, "You acquire Description (x0)", then if I have her 'stay' without leaving the conversation and then take her again I get the Gooey Coverings, which is apparently not something I'm supposed to be able to obtain.

This, however, still doesn't fix her as after I take her only the coverings appear in my inventory and I can't interact with her in any way if I do leave the conversation. Even if after taking her I have her 'stay' again the Gooey Coverings don't disappear from my inventory but as long as I don't take her and leave the conversation she'll remain as part of my crew and I can continue interacting with her, however if I take her and then leave the conversation it's as if she disappears completely only leaving behind the gooey coverings. Strangely, if I take and make her stay over and over without leaving the conversation to finalize the 'take' I continue to get more and more copies of the Gooey Coverings and can duplicate them seemingly infinitely by taking then immediately leaving her.

The attached is the save file right at the crew console, the goo's name is Nova. I saved it before the first "take" action so anyone curious can see that it gives the "x0" message, then every time after that once you leave then take again you get a Gooey Coverings as many times as you want to repeat the process. However if you leave the conversation after taking her she'll still just disappear from the game with no way to interact with her or make her crew again leaving you with fairly worthless Gooey Coverings. Furthermore leaving the conversation spits you back out to the 'crew' option with no other options, you can't move or anything else. You have to go ahead and hit 'crew' then hit 'leave' to properly leave the interaction and be able to move again.

While the save is made in the backer version I tested it in the public version and interacting with her continues to function as I've said.

Attachments

• Illiase (T) - 17Hrs 54Mins, 413 Days - Valiant, Siretta.json
    695.6 KB · Views: 4

DrunkZombie

Apr 12, 2018
Minnesota, USA
Ok, I have put some code in to fix any instances where nova does not have a goo armor object for steele to take from her. The conversion problem is a different issue.