[0.7.3] Old Mine and Ryn

Stev3DD

May 20, 2023
When you enter to Old Mine square in Vision Quest with Ryn:
Etheryn shudders at the sight. What's wrong?

"Mining was the most thankless job in the distant past; this was where we sent the most heinous criminals who wouldn't take the cup of the queen's mercy, or didn't deserve it. Many died buried under rubble, suffocated by toxic vapour, or slain by strange creatures under the earth... amongst other things, precious crystals were unearthed from this mine on my great-great-grandmother's orders, about a thousand years ago. To this day, nobody knows what they were used for, not even the royal family.

"One... one of the few memories I still have of my father before he died in that hunt was him bringing me here and telling me that I shouldn't pry into the old queen's affairs too deeply, for my own safety. It nearly cost my mother her life... not that it mattered in the end, did it?"
But, right in next scene:
Ryn's ears turn down as she peers down the entrance shaft and into the gloom. "Oh. I've never been in one of these..."

Well, given that she's never been outside of the Winter City before all this started, she couldn't have personally visited these old elven mines for herself.
Has she been outside the city or not?

Also, should there be a comma( , ) between hunt and was in [...died in that hunt was him bringing...]
---
And while we are here, after you exit from the mine, you get same Ryn shudders reaction screen as when coming there the first time, with non-functional [Next] button.

zagzig

Feb 26, 2021
I changed the 'never' to 'hardly', but there's a lot of repeating Ryn comments about Frostwood tiles so I left that. Cheers.