[0.69.420 -PUBLIC#1270] Kane fight, incomplete feedback or some other weirdness?

one_two

Jan 20, 2022
Three opening rounds of combat. Each round performed shotgun attack, First round had two attacks, due to smuggler perk. As you can see on the screenshot, there's no indication the enemy avoided the attacks. There's also no description of any potential attacks they're doing. There's just some damage i'm taking. The fight continues mostly in this manner. If the player does manage to land a hit, the text indicating it works as expected, and description of Kane's subsequent attacks also show up.

1644003225553.png

one_two

Jan 20, 2022
Having played through it a few times, i'm guessing the missing bit is indication/execution of the counter he apparently executes when you use more than one attack of the same type in a row? The feedback is correct and as expected when i continually switch between melee and ranged attacks, and gets like this when i keep using the same type.

lowercase_donkey

Scientist
Apr 27, 2016
Normally when we are missing the bits this was missing, it fails in a more disastrous way, but I think it's the same issue as the others: the attacks were not attached to the right this.

Fenoxo

Corrupter of Tainted Space
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Mareth
www.fenoxo.com
This binding is a hard crash thing. More likely his special snowflake reaction code is still aiming at output instead of combatOutput. (This is why we test things unless we're 100% on them :dab: )