[0.69.420-BACKER#1674] Zhèng Shi elevator blockade not halting player movement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Napargonaga

Dec 7, 2021
In the starfighter hanger section of Zhèng Shi, the path from the elevator is supposed to be blocked off until the player pulls a pipe from the other end. However, despite the pipe being able to be interacted with and the elevator square's description mentioning the blocked path, there is nothing preventing the player from moving west from the elevator into the hanger proper.

Open shortcut.png

Attachments

• Lynette (H) - 16Hrs 38Mins, 27 Days - Zhèng Shi Station, Herisiod.json
    675.5 KB · Views: 7

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Still true in 0.9.030-PUBLIC#2768.

Also, after the Excavator Robot fight, 'Airlock' takes the player back to their Ship, rather than the Emergency Airlock (ZSM YY18).
Rec Deck: North-South wraparound doesn't work.

Balek Crisp

Dec 30, 2020
The United States
In the starfighter hanger section of Zhèng Shi, the path from the elevator is supposed to be blocked off until the player pulls a pipe from the other end. However, despite the pipe being able to be interacted with and the elevator square's description mentioning the blocked path, there is nothing preventing the player from moving west from the elevator into the hanger proper.

View attachment 22684
I think they're purposely ignoring it at this point. I've reported it on several occasions over the patches, and not a single response.

It's kinda odd that it is supposed to be a pain to reach Vanika(Shock Hopper) yet the 3rd floor is always unlocked, and you don't have to go past the Forgehound... which in and of itself is a really pointless encounter unless you really cannot deal with those rats.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
I don't think it's getting ignored, I think things just get buried very quickly.
Also, bump for 0.9.034-PUBLIC#2834.

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Fixed.

Also yes, we're not ignoring shit, there's a lot to do and it's difficult to balance continuing development and adding new content with fixing older stuff. More often than not it's coming down to me to fix things with specific systems because they've been overhauled heavily as part of the port.

fwiw the Airlock stuff was using a fallback for when the room movement couldn't target the correct room. Whenever movement fails like this it safe-moves the player to their ship as an ultimate fallback to ensure the game doesn't immediately crash.

The N/S wraparound stuff was there, it just looked and worked slightly differently to the E/W wraparounds, so I tweaked it a bit to appear the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.