[0.69.420#1014] Omnisuit collar does not activate for the first time

mikethor007

Jun 26, 2021
The strange metal collar does not activate for the first time. According to the wiki, once equipped it should change into the Slinky black omnisuit.
It does absolutely nothing.

Fenoxo

Corrupter of Tainted Space
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Mareth
www.fenoxo.com
Update: I can't even get the game to output text on equipping something.... so I declare this to be somebody else's problem.

mikethor007

Jun 26, 2021
Well, it seems that the code that fires up the text blurb for equipping the omnisuit is in a equipItem function... in the shopping.js file?

And as the browser's dev tools don't allow me to even place a breakpoint there, it seems that that function is now unreachable code...

And there seems to be Siegwulfe stuff in there too...

DerrythTG

Aug 29, 2021
Perhaps a work around, maybe make the mystery collar a consumable, that leaves the actual suit in your inventory...or add a button on the collar that you have to press once its equipped, or at the very least just sell the omnisuit as a completed Item, at least until a code could be made for it...at least for now.

lowercase_donkey

Scientist
Apr 27, 2016
Well, it seems that the code that fires up the text blurb for equipping the omnisuit is in a equipItem function... in the shopping.js file?

And as the browser's dev tools don't allow me to even place a breakpoint there, it seems that that function is now unreachable code...

And there seems to be Siegwulfe stuff in there too...
shopping.js is almost entirely commented out. A lot of the material still needs to be moved to a better place (and then turned on).