0.5.6 Equanimity gives crit to spells and teases

Prince Charming

Mar 18, 2020
The text states "Put your focus on your weapon, turning it into an extension of yourself rather than a tool of combat. You gain +15% Crit Chance and +10% increased Crit Damage while you maintain this stance." The text is kind of ambiguous so i'm not sure if there's really a bug :
  • "Put your focus on your weapon, turning it into an extension of yourself rather than a tool of combat." lends me to think it's only supposed to buff weapon attacks.
  • "You gain +15% Crit Chance and +10% increased Crit Damage while you maintain this stance." lends me to think, on the other hand, that the buff is supposed to be a general one.
For reference, the code yielded by pc.critChance + '' (with critChance being used for any kind of power, not just weapon powers) is:
JavaScript:
function() {
  var e = this.cunning();
  return e += this.getStatForAllNonWeaponEquipment("crit"),
    this.getStatusEffect(SEFFECTS.SharpenBlades) && (e += 10),
    this.hasStance(POWERS.Frenzy) && (e += 10),
    this.hasStance(POWERS.Equanimity) && (
      e += 15 + (this.itemIsEquipped(ITEMS.SilverMask) ? 10 : 0)),
    this.hasBoon(BOONS.GoodFortune) && (e += 10),
    this.hasStance(POWERS.Berserkergang) && (e += 100),
    e > 100 && (e = 100),
    Math.floor(e)
}
As you can see, Equanimity boosts crit chance even if pc.critChance() was called from CombatHelper.isCrit from CombatHelper.attemptMagicalHit from POWERS.PsychicBlast.doCombat which is a [Spell] power. Again, not sure if it's intended or not from the wording of Equanimity's description. Also, sorry for the splurge of minified code sucked from the developer console.