[0.5.2.1]Ending Scene of "Shades of the Past" Quest getting skipped

Dyamonde

Nov 3, 2022
I recently did the "Shades of the Past" Quest, and when i reached the Jarl after fully looting everything and clicked the "Parley" Button, it completely skipped everything
that follows and i immidiately found myself standing at the Foothills-Entrance to Hawkethorne with the Quest successfully completed and the Jarls equippment in my Bag.
I didn't keep any relevant save that i could offer here sadly, just didn't think of it at the time. I was playing on a Character that had only been created after the current patch, and i'm playing on the Downloadable Executable Version, not in Browser or Steam.

Dyamonde

Nov 3, 2022
So, as of the current version (0.6.30), this bug still exists. Just did the quest again, with a character created on this version of the game, had the same thing happen. Then i thought "hey, this time i could actually get a save for them to check out", reloaded and did it again...on the second try, the scene triggered normally. Every other try it did as well, did not manage to recreate the bug. Even closing the game between reloads did not retrigger the bug.

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA
The only thing I can think of is maybe your mouse or keyboard is sending double inputs? So it'd be hitting [Parley] and then immediately doing [Next] to skip the Parley scene.