Unconventional Ship Help

wallysquid93

Feb 21, 2019
It's been a very long time since I booted up this game, not sure how much has changed but I know Sidewinder was the meta and probably still is. This isn't about the Sidewinder, I want something different and I want some advice here since its been a long time.

Moondast Gruss the one ship I looked at in this game and just loved its design and concept, I want this to be my main. I understand its no Sidewinder obviously but that's the point, it's different and I want to try to make it viable even if it is just barely. If anyone out here is really cracked at ship mechanics I would like to know how you would build it. I appreciate the help for all those that give it and thank you :3

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
I don't think the Moodast is meant to be viable long-term, so this may be tricky.
Fortunately, Module, Weapon and Crew space are currently independent. Might be a bug, but I won't tell if you won't.
I usually recommend Missile Turrets. Low Energy cost, useful vs both Shields & Armor and Accuracy bonus stacks. You do need Crew that can operate them, though.
You're probably going to want to lean in to improving Armor. I do think Repair Modules are better than Redundant Plating.
Heavy Armor will make Repair Modules more efficient, but I don't know what the optimal ratio is.

There's been mention of a planned Ship Combat overhaul, but I have no idea when it will be implemented.

Last edited:

wallysquid93

Feb 21, 2019
I don't think the Moodast is meant to be viable long-term, so this may be tricky.
Fortunately, Module, Weapon and Crew space are currently independent. Might be a bug, but I won't tell if you won't.
I usually recommend Missile Turrets. Low Energy cost, useful vs both Shields & Armor and Accuracy bonus stacks. You do need Crew that can operate them, though.
You're probably going to want to lean in to improving Armor. I do think Repair Modules are better than Redundant Plating.
Heavy Armor will make Repair Modules more efficient, but I don't know what the optimal ratio is.

There's been mention of a planned Ship Combat overhaul, but I have no idea when it will be implemented.
So if each thing is independent now that means if it says 4mods/crew, it means I got 4 crew and 4 mods correct? Instead of one or the other like it has been its both?

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
As far as I can tell, yes. Weapons don't compete with Modules, either, so you can max out. Energy draw might be a problem, though.
I'd definitely recommend Shekka, since she automatically repairs Armor over time. And she can operate a Turret.
There's only one mandatory Ship fight in the game. All others you can escape from/avoid. Even the 'tutorial'.

You can also use the Cheat Menu to enable infinite Crew and Storage, in case this gets fixed in the future.

Last edited:

wallysquid93

Feb 21, 2019
As far as I can tell, yes. Weapons don't compete with Modules, either, so you can max out. Energy draw might be a problem, though.
I'd definitely recommend Shekka, since she automatically repairs Armor over time. And she can operate a Turret.
There's only one mandatory Ship fight in the game. All others you can escape from/avoid. Even the 'tutorial'.

You can also use the Cheat Menu to enable infinite Crew and Storage, in case this gets fixed in the future.
Energy is fine so far these early stages, I bought two Heavy Armor to put the armor rating at 100, so far (now this is just one basic pirate ship fight so further testing is required) it seems damage is mitigated by a significant amount. I think at most it was about 20 points too my hull if a bullet hit. So not too bad so far, I need to increase thrust for evasion but I gotta wait till I unlock Uveto for that.

EDIT: Most of the time when a hit gets in its literally single digit damage which is lovely (Unless they use a big gun then its 250 at most and 100-150 otherwise)

Last edited: