[Implemented] Sidewinder Room Descriptions

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
I got tired of looking at PLACEHOLDER Interior 6 all the time so I wrote this up in like half an hour.

About 50% of the text is derived from the room descriptions that the ship has while in drydock, which are more complete than the ones on the ship itself, and just needed modifications to describe the changes that Captain Steele makes to clean up the ship. Some rooms required a complete rewrite or just don't exist on the drydock map, however.

Nora Steele

Dec 17, 2020
Honestly, this looks pretty damn fine to me so far!

Amakawa Yuuto

Sep 6, 2015
Berlin
The boarding ramp could probably use an alternative description for one of those rare cases where you're not landed.

Some quests "drop you off" in the middle of nowhere, I think leaving the prison station launches you first into nowhere before you actually choose where you go, and the "Fly -> Hunt" feature definitely drops you in open space.

Trying to exit the ship under those conditions gets you a "You really don’t want to step out into the cold void of space. Maybe you should land somewhere?", which would clash with the "Finally, a small panel on the outer door displays the airlock’s overall status - primarily that it is more or less wide-open, owing to compatible atmospherics on the outside."-description of the boarding ramp.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
The boarding ramp could probably use an alternative description for one of those rare cases where you're not landed.

Some quests "drop you off" in the middle of nowhere, I think leaving the prison station launches you first into nowhere before you actually choose where you go, and the "Fly -> Hunt" feature definitely drops you in open space.

Trying to exit the ship under those conditions gets you a "You really don’t want to step out into the cold void of space. Maybe you should land somewhere?", which would clash with the "Finally, a small panel on the outer door displays the airlock’s overall status - primarily that it is more or less wide-open, owing to compatible atmospherics on the outside."-description of the boarding ramp.

True. I've added one, thanks for the catch.

Jn_Sinnombre

Dec 26, 2023
They do, yes.
Actually Sledgehammer has Placeholder descriptions too! the description of the ship are copy pasted in every (important) rooms so Storage, Crew, Captain's Quarters, and Installables, just like in the Sidewinder.
1705091587197.png
1705091612377.png
1705091633484.png