Thoughts on the Alraune

BouncingEel8

Jul 16, 2021
With the new update, I have decided to start a new playthrough, and I was wondering about what I should do with the Alraune. I have always spared her in previous playthroughs, but now I am wondering if I should kill her. I know that she is a fully corrupted creature, but I don't want to kill her if there is a possibility of purifying her like Queen Nyzerrah. I also keep Farrah since we know it is possible to give people there souls back, as Mallach states to Kassyra. Just wanted to get your thoughts on the matter.

Ireyon

May 14, 2018
With the new update, I have decided to start a new playthrough, and I was wondering about what I should do with the Alraune. I have always spared her in previous playthroughs, but now I am wondering if I should kill her. I know that she is a fully corrupted creature, but I don't want to kill her if there is a possibility of purifying her like Queen Nyzerrah. I also keep Farrah since we know it is possible to give people there souls back, as Mallach states to Kassyra. Just wanted to get your thoughts on the matter.
You can only ask her to stop assaulting people coming to the fort... and even that she doesn't do last time I checked. There's a scene where some poor lupine struggles to free himself from one of her flower-things and she quickly moves to block your view.

There's also the problem that she's an environmental hazard. The pollen and nektar of her flowers seems to be corrupting to a degree and she actively wants to grow her garden.

I don't actually like killing anybody in this game but with her and the demon couple in the Undermountain I see basically no way to spare tham and avoid collateral damage down the road since all three of them are still doing terrible shit when you're not looking. The PC's control on her seems just to shacky to risk it so I get out the round-up when I meet her.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
In general, sparing a defeated enemy when the option to banish/kill/otherwise permanently remove them exists isn't meant to hint that any kind of 'purification' quest may exist in the future but is meant to allow you to continue to access that specific content on the assumption that it's content you're interested in. So make your choice based on your preferences and/or however you may be mentally roleplaying any particular Champ.