Sparring with companions

Kizrah

Jan 17, 2021
Hi! I wrote a doc for sparring with any of the companions, cause I thought it would be cool and Savin said it was ok :).

It has a description blurb to be added to the gym's field, an introduction from both Brint and Brienne, tooltips for every companion, a small bit of dialogue where you challenge them, a short bit of dialogue when you beat them, and a short bit of dialogue when they beat you. I feel like companion authors will want to look at it and change stuff if it's bad or out of character, which i'm 100% cool with. I'm really proud I was able to get all this done in a week, and I hope this is well received :toot:.

Oh, also there is a training dummy fight If you just want to push the attack button and look at numbers.

Hawkethorne Sparring Circle

Kingu2

May 20, 2020
this would be the perfect way to get their skills without a trainer as well as test out new builds without risk. I think it would be a great addition to the game.

Kizrah

Jan 17, 2021
this would be the perfect way to get their skills without a trainer as well as test out new builds without risk. I think it would be a great addition to the game.
The idea for this actually came from a discussion of how the player can't get firebolt from anywhere except fighting Berwyn, so if you had recruited Berwyn it was impossible. So really, this is all just "let me learn my companions abilities" with extra steps lol. :p

Stupid_Goo

Apr 10, 2021
The idea for this actually came from a discussion of how the player can't get firebolt from anywhere except fighting Berwyn, so if you had recruited Berwyn it was impossible.
Can't you get firebolt from the Hellhound in the Frostwood now...? Never paid attention.
But I'm gunning for Arona's Wide Sweep if this happens.

SomeNobody

Dec 18, 2020
This is wonderful idea for a mechanic/side-activity that needs to be in the game.
Good work Kizrah.

Reactions: Kizrah

mikethor007

Jun 26, 2021
Why didn't I notice this before? It would be a nice addition to the gym to flesh it out more. I would vote for this to be implemented.

Greyfox643

May 20, 2016
Can't you get firebolt from the Hellhound in the Frostwood now...? Never paid attention.
But I'm gunning for Arona's Wide Sweep if this happens.
You can get locked out of that source too, since once you knock her up, you cant fight her.

And yeah, that Wide Sweep is lookin mighty spicy

Kizrah

Jan 17, 2021
You can get locked out of that source too, since once you knock her up, you cant fight her.

And yeah, that Wide Sweep is lookin mighty spicy
I also was looking forward to getting wide sweep from arona, but the non-corrupted hornet knight's that spawn in the old forest after finishing Azzy quest have it now too.

Gutts

Sep 19, 2016
I have to say I love this idea thanks so much for writing it. Is there any chance to add a variation of the sparring circle to the wayfort or would it just be found at the gym in Hawkethorne?

Reactions: Titanio