Transformations and Story implications

Shizenhakai

Jul 9, 2016
I tried to search, but didn't find anything about this, so here is my question:

I understand that TFs will not give us skills, so that we are not forced/tempted to MinMax transformations for combat prowess.

But what about within the world?
As an example, your character transform and gets wings. Are they purely decorative, since the character lacks the muscles to actually use those wings, or are they fully functional and the character just lacks skill and training to use them effectively for combat and tight situations?

KAZEARC

Aug 26, 2020
london
wings area a wired one because there is a skill for them that you can't get and it's not like its that powerful. the only tf based skill is tail whack to my knowledge.
if i am correct and i think it has been said before that tf out side of scenes writing for them like that lupine sex scene with kiyoko. other then that they are only cosmetic.

Shizenhakai

Jul 9, 2016
Sorry for the old title, it was a bit misleading.

I do not mean getting any mechanical benefits, I was only asking about the lore itself.
Are TFs just making you look like something, or are the a way to become something?
Basically, if the character gains wings, could s/he learn to fly once s/he has beaten Kasyrra and can retire in peace?
Or do they just look like wings without really working.
(Wings are just an easy example)

Outside of special transformation of course.

Kamidel

Sep 18, 2020
It says in the appearance tab that you started your journey as {insert race here} and have become a foxmorph ECT. So I'd like to think the changes are permanent but the cost of those changes is the mutability of your genes. By that I mean your kids are always the same as the other parent.

Reactions: Salomon

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
i think lore wise its a yes coz in the your character description it says that you can.
For gliding sure. It's there in the character description that the wings are strong enough to glide with, I can imagine they still have some use there in that regard, just not from an in-game standpoint.
I personally envision a Champ with wings still not getting the hang of actually using them to fly (Or if they can I imagine it'd just be flavor text at most for those wanting to write it), but if stable can use them as like a built-in glider or parachute. They got to be at least big enough to get the idea to be able to do that (and heck if you had wings big enough you'd probably do the same in using them xP).
But that's just HC and as it stands since it's cosmetic only I can't imagine them being used for anything that actually requires them to do or gives you buffs.