Qwerty "art" dumping ground

qwerty

Sep 14, 2016
just an area for me to dump my shit

here's my first attempt at trying to draw my TITS oc Xahlia, probably terrible compared to most others but im trying at least and that's what counts (do think i made the outer lines too thick though tbh)

EDIT, Right so Xahlia will be my main focus here on this art thread since she was the first character I made after getting back into trials in tainted space (I might not post anything in this thread for a while after this edit due to me forcing myself to learn the basics of drawing a body before moving on to the more advanced stuff)

Attachments

• Xahliaart1.jpg
    Xahliaart1.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Reactions: ShySquare

qwerty

Sep 14, 2016
here is my second attempt at drawing Xahlia (I forgot to mention that the last one was done with a bit of tracing from a pose I had put her in on koikatsu however this one is all me pretty much, screw hands and feet though...so fucking annoying).In the last one i forgot to colour her eye whites black since she has demonic eyes, I also stuck out her tongue a lot more because demonic tongues need to be seen yo.

Attachments

• Xahliaart2.jpg
    Xahliaart2.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 24

qwerty

Sep 14, 2016
I like the shading.

Ty honestly I feel im ok when it comes to colouring an image its just drawing one from scratch is a whole other level and to be quite honest both my little finger and neck are quite sore now :negativeman:

(also just realised i forgot to add her antennae...as i said though my neck and little finger are sore so i will do it later when i've given them chance to recover)

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
You're welcome. I've always been awful at shading, so that's what tends to catch my eye.
Good luck with your recovering!

qwerty

Sep 14, 2016
You're welcome. I've always been awful at shading, so that's what tends to catch my eye.
Good luck with your recovering!

well im going to try to actually draw her in a more awkward position next without any tracing...think if I go for a hard one and at least get the proportions right then i should be able to in theory learn the easier stuff quicker. I also maybe giving my oc a more personal touch (like giving her a personality for one) then it might inspire me to draw her better (im quite a lazy person so just starting drawing is an achievement in itself)

(and to the topic of recovering I think its down to the fact that 1, I didn't take a brake and 2, I don't have a stand for my drawing tablet so im just staring downwards for long periods of time...completely my own fault though)

qwerty

Sep 14, 2016
so i edited in her antennae and also did a few adjustments mainly involving the hair

(ordered a stand that should arrive tomorrow because I did not know drawing on a tablet could fuck up your neck so much like holy shit)

Attachments

• Xahliaart2.jpg
    Xahliaart2.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 14

qwerty

Sep 14, 2016
So this one is my first attempt with absolutely no references whatsoever and to be honest I am extremely proud of it considering that fact (its also in 4k because 4k is great for details)

(at first i really screwed up the legs but i think its a decent salvage job all things considered and the best part about all of this...i have my stand and there are no more neck pains :D)

Attachments

• Xahliaart3.jpg
    Xahliaart3.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:

qwerty

Sep 14, 2016
Took more time doing this one (about 2 days of on-off drawing after work), think this one is probably the most accurate one yet...still need to learn proportions and such more but still happy with the result of this.

Attachments

• Illustration4.jpg
    Illustration4.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 18
Reactions: ShySquare

qwerty

Sep 14, 2016
Now this will be my last post for a while because of learning to actually draw properly and all that but hopefully when i've learnt what I need then i'll be able to do something like this.
(so for context I made Xahlia in HS2 to see what she would look like on that and then I decided to try and give her the weapon i've been using most on my playthrough with her which is the sunfire rifle...I did try to draw her with it before but since I had absolutely no basis for the weapon I really struggled but im hoping that eventually I can draw her in a pose similar to this)

(used an ak-47 for the base of the rifle and then I added the cylinders and tri barrel and finally upscaled it since in the description the sunfire rifle is a big gun, so the sunfire rifle to me at least now is an ak minigun hybrid thing but bigger lol)

Attachments

• Xahlia with sunfire.jpg
    Xahlia with sunfire.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 23

qwerty

Sep 14, 2016
ok so after a bit of time i think i have found my method for drawing and while this is only the basic and not the completed picture i feel it should be posted here anyway since even without shading i think the improvement is obvious

(gotta thank Heeheejack for showing how they draw because that combined with some of my own idea's has allowed me to get better at drawing faster than i could of without)

(oh and i haven't forgot about her antennae just cba to do it right now im gonna finish this off tomorrow hopefully)

EDIT: done the shading to show where the "meat" of her body is, also added a bubble effect on the inside (i got the idea from my hair gel Since it is bubbly on the inside)

Attachments

• Illustration8.png
    Illustration8.png
    822.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Illustration8.png
    Illustration8.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
  • Illustration8.png
    Illustration8.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:

qwerty

Sep 14, 2016
finally finished her...took around 15 total hours of 2-3 hour sessions but she is finally finished (still got the clothed and background versions to do though)

Attachments

• XahliaN.png
    XahliaN.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 13