Have venus traps changed? I can't seem to avoid them anymore

Raindrops

Jun 19, 2016
I used to be able to avoid all the venus pitchers (I honestly can't even remember why anymore, I've been doing it for so long. I think they had a TF effect in their sex scene I wanted to avoid?), but now every time I walk onto their tiles, they automatically force the sex scene. Is this new? If so, how do I avoid it? There is an entire section of the jungle that is blocked for me now because there's a venus pitcher on the only tile that lets me enter it

Hden

Nov 6, 2018
Its not new... Steel has an hypnotism submission level you can view in the Codex. Just let some time pass...

Venus Pitchers do not engage in combat, but would rather have sex with their prey. Elder Venus Pitchers will go for hypnotism instead to draw in their prey.

Captain Steele will have a dynamic hypnotism submission level when encountering elder Venus pitchers, measured on a scale of 0% (unaffected) to 100% (fully submitted). During repeat encounters with an elder Venus pitcher, there may be a random chance to have the option to stay or leave, with the deciding factor based off of willpower (with libido penalty) versus the submission level. The submission level will decrease over time (-1%, per day). The formula for the potential option is as follows:

if ((willpower - libido)/3 + (random value between 1 and 20)) is greater than (submission level + 9); otherwise there will be no option.

Elder Venus pitchers can be found towards the southern portion of the jungles, but only in certain spots and will only appear from their slumber if they are looking for fluids to feed on (or a womb to breed with).

Encountering elder Venus pitchers at 100% submission will result in a bad end.