How do you get "Cold Protection"

Drakani

Jul 15, 2020
So the Gray Goo Armor (aka Nova) has an ability it can get called cold protection. the Wiki says and I Quote: Min. Level: 4?, Location: Any? Condition: Nova is in inventory +Has Thermal Pack in inventory, End quote. I'm at Maximum level (level 10) and I have this Thermal pack and Nova in my inventory but I still don't have cold protection, how the fuck do you get it.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
This was added in 0.8.089. You're way behind. The Wiki kind of assumes you're up to date.

Z-z

Jun 6, 2020
Have you tried talking to her while you have the thermal package in your inventory?

Hden

Nov 6, 2018
I did it like that:
Go to Uveto, talk with Tlako and buy an welcoming basket. Then go in your inventory and interact with Nova -> Talk
Thats all...
*Edit: Can confirm it works inside the ship via Crew Talk and also interact with Nova via inventory.
Also non hostile sqare on Uveto. Did not tryed hostile sqare´s...

I tried Heat Belt and Arctic Warfare Belt but those did not work for me. My Nova had all upgrades bevor so i coud not try that on an unupdatet Nova.

Last edited:

DrunkZombie

Apr 12, 2018
Minnesota, USA
You have to be level 6, have a thermal pack in inventory (or be wearing an item with the heat generator tag but I don't think there are any currently in the game), and be wearing Nova. She can't just be in inventory in this case.

Reactions: Baggrin