HUD minimap not updating In Firefox dev edition

Meme_Magic

Jul 8, 2020
Let me preface the rest of this post with: "Yes I am aware that with Firefox developer edition not being the same as normal Firefox, it's technically not supported, and that the game running fine on normal Firefox means it's something with developer edition, but due to developer edition and Firefox nightly (which I haven't tested but might do something similar) being what they are, the problem might eventually become an issue in normal Firefox as well."

Description: the minimap does not update on player movement and only will update on some other event such as random encounter, opening another menu, etc. Occurs consistently even with a new character and cleared site cookies.

Console Errors: None besides a message about the failed loading of "https://www.fenoxo.com/play/CoC2/release/cordova.js" although that appears even in the normal Firefox version which does not experience the bug

Version Number: Development Build 0.3.3
Browser Version: Firefox Developer Edition Version 79.0b4 (latest)

Screenshot:
upload_2020-7-7_20-0-11.png
as can be seen here, even though the minimap says I'm at the gate, I'm actually in the tavern.

Opening and closing the Journal screen will fix this and display the proper location on the map:
upload_2020-7-7_20-1-43.png

The full-sized map will sometimes work, if you open it and then move, otherwise opening it will put you in the correct position on the minimap, but also glitch the minimap out even more as can be seen in the following screenshot. Although when it does work when when you open it and then move, it is still only partially working with the yellow highlighting representing your character still displaying in the wrong spot, but having a smaller partial highlighting on where you actually are as can also be seen.
upload_2020-7-7_20-6-6.png

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA
with Firefox developer edition not being the same as normal Firefox, it's technically not supported, and that the game running fine on normal Firefox means it's something with developer edition, but due to developer edition and Firefox nightly (which I haven't tested but might do something similar) being what they are, the problem might eventually become an issue in normal Firefox as well
At which point it will be looked into.