Sonic the Hedgehog Movie

cobra

Aug 29, 2015
Just saw it last Friday night and I was surprised, it had to be the best video game adapted movie Ive seen in a long time since the first Tomb Raider. I also like Sonic's redesigned and it was worth the delay, too bad it bankrupted the animation studio who did it. Anyone else seen this and what did you think?

Rayfire-2

Oct 31, 2019
I want to see it sometime after my next paycheck, just to see if it was good. Also it bankrupted the studio who made it? Geez that's harsh!

cobra

Aug 29, 2015
I want to see it sometime after my next paycheck, just to see if it was good. Also it bankrupted the studio who made it? Geez that's harsh!

I thought it was really good for a kid's movie. I think it was worth the wait otherwise we would have gotten another Super Mario Bros. Not really a spoil but be sure to watch the post-credits if you see.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Anyone else seen this and what did you think?
I'd have a higher opinion except for the fact that the animation studio was allowed to go bankrupt right before the film's release.

Might be a big success, still came at the cost of quite a few jobs.

cobra

Aug 29, 2015
I'd have a higher opinion except for the fact that the animation studio was allowed to go bankrupt right before the film's release.

Might be a big success, still came at the cost of quite a few jobs.

Yeah well according to Wikipedia, the movie had at least three other animation studios contributing to it and the redesign added another $5 million to the budget. Also, according to YongYea, the bankrupt studios parent company pulled the plug on them saying they can get cheaper talent by relocating elsewhere.

Reactions: QualityCuntrol

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
Fuck, that's awful. I hope things are smoothed over after it's success, but those people deserve to be able to move on if at all possible. Going back to a place you were fired from is just terrible

cobra

Aug 29, 2015
The Sonic movie is now apparently the best box-office breakthrough of a video game adaptation.

Rayfire-2

Oct 31, 2019
I just saw it yesterday, best video game based movie to date! Of course there are some plot holes and the plot is pretty basic but I just accepted it as another interpretation of the Sonic mythos. Jim Carrey was awesome and I liked what they did with this version of Sonic's personality, I liked how Sonic's new image felt more as a combination of his three selves over the years: the short spines and adorable look of classic, the green eyes and fit body of modern and Boom with the blue furred arms. I want to gush more but I don't want to spoil, however if I had to rank it myself I'd say it was a 7 or 8/10, enjoyable but still flawed. However I suggest to at least check it out once or wait till it comes out on streaming or on dvd.

Hope they can make a sequel someday, if they do what do you all want to see?

Reactions: cobra

king of tentacle

Mar 30, 2017
oh man i saw it at release loved it (long time sonic fan vg/comics/cartoons btw)
dressed for the occasion with my sonic hat sonic shirt sonic wristwatch and sonic codpiece!