The Abyssal Heart (shinyhappyfitsofrage)

Reptillicus

Jun 30, 2016
Mary would push her boobs frimley into Iblis' in a possessive manner. She continued to thrust into her ladyship, her face making lusty "O"s for her, whines and moans of pleasure following her every push into Iblis' velvet folds. Wetness would leak to the floor in an extremely lewd fashion, Mary could get even wetter now then she could when she was alive amazingly. Her pussy was in full bloom, open and gleaming, but sadly not being used right now. Mary's hands would squeeze that butt possessively too, she had apparently claimed it as hers, ghouls can be very particular about what's theirs. Sher would play at Ibils' butthole with her fingers a few times as her balls would slap nearby. Then whatever lust thoughts the gates were pushing on her, made Mary hoist Iblis up and hug her tight. Nuzzling and kissing her neck as she strode quickly over to the table where the meeting was "being held". With her cock never leaving her ladyship's pussy she got them both on top of the table, and with the greatest of ease, swiveled Iblis around to do her doggy style! Iblis' was now right in the middle of everyone getting fucked by her knight she asked to for her to put on a show and boy did she. Mary would start thrusting harder now, her hands on that ass holding it tight as she fucked her fast and hard. She soon changed to putting herself over the once reaper's back and holding her in another dominant looking display, but the hold was more gentle then it looked, and Mary would kiss lustily all over Iblis neck, but her hips thrusted very hard making lewd wet slapping sounds echo across the room.

Many papers on the table were thrown off in Mary quest to for sexual gratification and the vampires could only stare in shock. Lady Pell would have been afronted by all of this but Iblis' strange doings made her hold her tongue and a hand go to a place under her dress. The old baron Claudius was the only one who seemed to be resisting with all his might. he was a very proud man and one of the oldest vampires here. the only reason he didn't lead was that he thought the lady Kelane was the better leader. Lord glave was watching them with rapt attention now. "Where.... did such a woman come from....?", Lord Glave said his pants straining now. "I.... I find it too hard to think! The sights are too much!", said Lady Pell breaking down, she was the youngest of the council, that being a very relative term here. "I know.... where one might find the dark duid.....", said the Baron.

Last edited:

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
Maryabelle unleashed the gate. Just the first one, but it was quite the rush, obviously. Iblis found the results... exceptional. Maryabelle was possessive, dominant... as opposed to demure and servile. Both of them had submissive personalities at their core, but it seemed they could both be pushed to dominant roles as well. What Maryabelle did to Iblis... Iblis loved. She loved it, hard. She stopped being able to handle her aristocratic face, as her eyes all but rolled into the back of her head. Her poise, her act, her shadows all melted away as Maryabelle slammed her into a stupor. Iblis was carried and tossed around like a ragdoll, utterly unable to resist. Her legs were jelly, her arms were noodles. Her face was pressed into the table, as Maryabelle pressed into her... again, and again, and again. Even the Baron's words about the dark druid were utterly lost in the moment... hopefully Kelane would see to collecting the information. Glave and Pell seemed almost ready to join in on their fuck session, or openly masturbate/pull up a chair and have a snack. Iblis had done her job perhaps... too well. Ah, well. She could only enjoy the moment... she could no more resist the waves of orgasms than she could end the First World right now. She'd have to handle the other affairs later.

Iblis moaned.

Reactions: Reptillicus

Reptillicus

Jun 30, 2016
The rest was a sort of blur for the two lovers in the mist of their pleasure. Mary just kept right at it, hammering that soft butt with her new ghoul cock. Her body would remember its shape and "store" it for future use. What the Baron said was muffled to them but Lady Kelane had them covered, she was studiously writing it all down through the use of her tiny head space. The pleasure Maryabelle was experiencing was more than she'd ever felt in life, it was raw and animalistic. Her hands would find Iblis' ebony breasts and tweak the nipples and hold them tight in an attempt help Iblis reach her climax with her. This was however not conscious thought, more deep subconscious wants and desires. In other words this was confirmation that Mary did indeed lust and desire her ladyship, for all her knightley poise and sensibilities she really did want to bed her.... and she was doing that, quite roughly, now.

There where moans and whines radiating out from Mary as she neared the peak of her pleasure, it was unclear how much time had passed for the two of them it was all sorta fuzzy, the fires of one's passion can warp perception, even more so when such strange powers are at work. Eventually thought even Mary could hold on no longer! She hugged Iblis tight around the tummy and lifted her back up, thrusting hard three more times each with loud gushing sounds as she wailed in release. The backwash splattered papers on the table and coved their legs in Mary's warm seed. it had a very strong lusty scent too.... making everything of the table smell of sex. Mary would then finally relax and fall to her side on than table taking Iblis with her her arms still gently wrapped around her as her dick slowly shrank away, letting her cum leak slowly out of Iblis lewdly exposed spread open pussy. Her butt would be a bit sore after this, mary had really "shown her love". When Iblis awoke she would find that they were in a nice soft, fancy looking, purple, skilen bed with the curtains drawn around. Mary was still holding onto her, nuzzling into her neck as she slept. A rolled up scroll was set down next to her with the words dark duid scrolled across it.

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
Acting was so... wearisome. Maryabelle's little session had help to ease the stress, but Iblis was still wound up. She was anxious, more than anything... and wished she could fall into a passionate tantrum of some sort to calm her nerves. She'd learned the patience of millennia, but time had never been a pressing factor in her existence. There was so little time... and more to do than they could possibly manage in that time. She'd gently disentangle herself from Maryabelle, to stand up and begin reading the scroll... hopefully Kelane had collected a goodly bit of important information, and could also update her on the status of the council. She'd gotten mixed receptions out of them... but on the whole, it had been positive. She believed she'd accomplished her goal in securing their aid. Now, to find out what she could about the dark druid...

Reptillicus

Jun 30, 2016
Mary made a somewhat sad sounding whine as her body tried to find the object of her passion, she took a pillow and hugged that instead. It was frankly adorable how clingy she was acting in her sleep. Alive or dead one could still dream, one could still love..... "Iblis.... Mine....", she mumbled in her sleep as she nuzzled the pillow.

the scroll read: Lady Iblis, I'm writing this all down as you seemed, otherwise preoccupied. the good baron told me that: for the last five years there have been whispers of the dark druid in the eastern swamplands. Many sightings of a strange man cloaked in purple shadow have been reported in the heart of the swamp. Only the Baron has ever met the dark druid so i trust he judgement on this, he is the wisest and oldest of us after all. on the map the swamps are called the mires of regret. it is a very dangerous place. Many undead have gone there to try and end their unlife only to become mindless monsters, you will find a map rolled up with this scroll use it well, but know that there is a strange power at work there in that swamp. Please be careful I consider you a friend now- Lady Kelane. P.S. I believe that might have been a bit much for poor Marybelle please don't let her worry to much about that display, a girl like her is too pure for this world....

Last edited:

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
Iblis reclined in a chair, and worried at a curl as she read. A dark druid... the irony of such an existence didn't escape her. A nature priest dedicated to the most unnatural plane in this universe... an even more delicious irony, as *she* would put it, than Iblis' own as a maternally minded reaper.

There was little time to dawdle, however. Iblis would like to let Mary sleep, but knew she couldn't. She roused her gently, and told her in soft whispers that it was time to go, on a very long journey. They had a filthy bog to traverse... so wear something comfortable.

Iblis would dress herself, putting on a well padded suit of bone armor, the bones black instead of white against her ebon skin. This was going to be quite a trek... but she had faith in Kelane, and hope she'd have things ready here by the time Iblis was prepared to make her move. She felt she'd sufficiently won over the vampires, or at least gotten their attention... hopefully, they'd have the necessary resources for the next phase of this venture.

Reptillicus

Jun 30, 2016
Mary would make cute little whining sounds at first acting like a kid not wanting to go to school, but eventually she sat up blinking in a confused manner. she was drawing a blank for a few seconds as she held the blanket to her naked body. Then she remembered everything.... and promptly squeaked in sheer embarrassment. Did she really fuck iblis like that infront of all those important vampires!? "Oh lords above....", Mary said as she covered her face. but.... gosh it felt so... good Iblis was just so..... so she couldn't think of the words..... she really felt a burning need for her and her alone.

She would dress in the leather mercenary like clothes made by Ms.Debbie. she was at least happy not to be in that skimpy dress anymore.... even ifcshe might have worn it well. so they would gather up their things and head out of Lady Kelanes estate and to the eastern exit, just before they would make their way out of the gate Lisa would show up to wave them goodbye and wish them good luck. She would run right up to Iblis and hug her tight and kiss her full on the lips while reaching for her butt. "You be careful... ok? I want to see you to again! And then you have to tell me the whole story of this adventure ok!?", she said holding Iblis gaze.

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
Iblis watched Mary awaken, and fall prey to her shyness with a fond smile. She also felt a pang for what was to come... wisdom was a burdensome thing, and she knew they would cross paths with Mary's queen one of these days... and Mary would be torn by her love for her queen. If Iblis were still a reaper... she'd have to take her queen from her, as soon as she found her. For once, she was glad she wasn't.

Iblis found herself pulled into a hug before they could leave, her bone armor a little cumbersome with the affectionate embrace, and gave a small start as a hand took ahold of her butt. "Oh~ Of course, Lisa. Please take care of Susie in our absence. We will return as soon as we can. And if our enemies precede our return... do not fight. Flee. Take everyone you can, and flee. We are none of us prepared to fight the void, not yet." She pulled Lisa into a hug, then kissed her forehead, with all the affection of a doting mother, looking at her with eyes filled with boundless love and worry. Eyes that said, if she could, she'd pull a blanket over her and keep her nestled against her and safe for all time. She gave her another hug, before pulling away, and pulling the necronomicon to her side. "Apologies for the show earlier, little one. No one can know that I penned the other veils within you, of course." So many brilliant, eager, and ambitious necromancers had read this book, studied its contents, some even for centuries... none had discovered the pages that didn't exist in this plane. Or at least, so Iblis assumed... there weren't world shaking terrors stalking this realm with power to rival that of the void, so. Either none had discovered those powers... or whoever had had been wise enough to know better than to practice beyond the sixth veil.

Reptillicus

Jun 30, 2016
Lisa loved all this attention she could get from Iblis, her eyelashes fluttering and a joyful smile resting on her face one Iblis kissed her on the forehead and held her close one more time. "Ok Susie will be just fine with me! Maybe Ms.Debbie could make some new clothes for her too....", she mused after she let go she would wave and hurry back to the estate to tell everyone what was going on, but not before planting a big wet kiss on Mary's lips and a squeeze to her boobies through her leathers. she got what she was looking for an adorable gasp from mary. Then she hurried away giggling and waving. Mary would follow her with her eyes until she was out of sight, she guess she liked her too.... gosh she'd never had so many people showing her with this kind of attention when she was alive! this felt a tad unfair, but she couldn't exactly complain there was a comfort that knowing even now in a time far removed from her own she was still loved.

To Iblis apology Mary gave a sigh, "I.... I.... suppose you did what was necessary my lady...", she said blushing still. She tried not to dwell on it, remembering how a cock was grown right there on her crotch as she fucked Iblis senseless. She shook her head to clear her thoughts and then checked her gear. sword, mace, and most importantly her shield. "Alright, my lady we are ready to depart I shall take the lead as it is my duty to do so.", she said her head held high with knightly pride.

And so, they headed for the eerily named Mire of Regret. they moved in the night as Mary found it much harder to see in the daylight. their passage through the sparse wood land leading to the thickly forested mire was mostly uneventful. It took around a two days or so before they arrived at the entrance of the Mire. While getting ready to make the trek inside Mary spotted something. "What the...? good gods what happened here?!", she said in surprise. There were several weapons strewn across the ground as and metal conquistador like helmets laying around without owners and stuck to a tree through the gut buy a sword was a small figure with a helmet just like the others.

Last edited:

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
It was a long journey to the mire, but Iblis took it in stride, and stoic fashion. Her usual gentle smile seemed muted, hinting at the worry that ate at her. There had been very little from the First World thus far... but time was running out, and the race had barely begun. If they came now... Iblis shuddered to think about it. She needed an empire to fight this with. Hordes of fearless, powerful soldiers. She didn't even have her lantern...

When they finally arrived, traveling in the dead of night, they found what seemed the scene of a battle. Iblis knelt by the tree, looking at the small figure pinned like a bug to the tree. "It took a very strong thrust to put this blade through person and tree alike." She tugged on the handle of the blade, and it didn't budge. "Very strong." She stood up, and stood back, stroking the book at her hip along the spine. "Time to wake, little one." She lifted the book, and it floated past her fingertips, opening on its own, and flipping through dozens of pages. Her hand was wreathed in a dark, clawed shadow arm... thrice as thick as her own, an ephemeral, opaque shadow of blackened flame that seemed a manifestation of violent, angry darkness. She said an incantation without looking at the book. She was the hand that penned it, and likely knew it by heart." A wind stirred around her as she spoke, dead leaves scattering upon the wind and swirling around her, carrying the stench of the mire's decay with them. Something started happening to the figure... energy saturated it, and it started to return to life. "Come back to us, fallen warrior. We have need of your aid. I'm afraid you must be denied the peace of death for a while longer. I am sorry." There was heavy regret and pain in those final three words. This one had just found their rest, by her estimation of time. They were being wakened so soon after leaving the pains of this world behind... it felt vulgar, and wrong.

Reptillicus

Jun 30, 2016
the small armored figure with its strangely shaped helmet shuddered at the touch of the necrotic energys. a vulture sitting upon what was once the little ones silver colored shield flew away as Iblis could see its death-mask face. It turned out that it was once a rather young looking half goblin girl. her skin a pale green in death with pointed ears. In death she had an expression of deep regret, sadness, and grief... she looked like she hadn't been dead for long, but yet her armor plated breast had long since lost its sheen. in her rusty scabbard the sand had taken seed, and though her jewel encrusted blade had not been plundered still, it was what seemingly took her life. it also seemed that she had lost and eye, a patch of bandages covered the left eye socket. Strangely it seemed like none of Iblis' sisters had come to claim the soul she felt the specter of death had been here..... but yet this little half-goblin's soul had stayed relatively nearby, lost and alone. Her soul appeared as a green little orb of light that shot back into her chest.

Mary gasped this was the first time see'd seen anyone brought back from the dead besides herself. the light was brought back into the little half goblin conquistador's eye, her body still pale as the grave she gasped filling her lungs with air, not that she needed it now... but it was a force of habit for a person used to.... well... living. Her sclera were black but her one eye still a deep blue. her face was rather cute her lips small but plump.... her short, dark blue hair visible here and there. She looked around with mask of shock on her face. First she began to cry as she hung their pinned to the tree, a pained and woeful sob as she looked back to the helmets that lay there their owners gone. She would look to Iblis and utter but one word, "Why?!"

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
Iblis held a world of sorrow in her eyes, hearing those words. "I am sorry. If the need weren't dire, I would not have denied you your peace. As it stands, I must know what is in this mire... and what circumstances led to your end. I need your aid. Please. Know you of the dark druid?" Iblis knelt before the goblin warrior, hands laid flat on her legs. "Maryabelle, please... help her down, if you would. I'd like her to be free to move, at least." She was given a very strong undeath, on par with Maryabelle's own, and would care for such comforts as feeling... and Iblis placed no restricting bindings on her, choosing instead to take the risk of arousing her dangerous ire, rather than cause her still more discomfort. "Please... I must know."

Reptillicus

Jun 30, 2016
Mary nodded solemnly and took hold of the blade pinning her there. "Hold tight ma'am.... I'll be quick as i can this may hurt prepare thyself.", she said looking the little half goblin in the eyes. Then with her strength she yanked it out and the little girl cried out in pain and blackening blood leaked out. Mary was true to her word though and it was fast nearly blindingly so. then in a another movement she caught the poor girl before she hit the ground and placed her on her bottom. She was very tense her muscles very stiff from being well.... stiff..... The girl took a little time to try and get to grips with the situation, looking at her hands now much paler in undeath but yet somehow more lifelike. her helmet covered her eyes, tears would leak down her cheeks. "Let's start with your name, pray?", Mary offered with a comforting hand on her shoulder. "Mozi... Mozi Undala...", she said in a disant sad voice. "My comrades all gone..... killed..... consumed..... I don't know what *they* were. We came here for the chance of riches, treasure.... greed was the death of all of us.", she said with a sniff. "Why!? Why did we have to come here!? I knew this place was bad just by looking at it! we needed the money... but there had to be other ways!", Mozi wailed.

"Hold on! Hold on! Ms.Mozi, please try to calm down..... we are here to help, right my lady?", Mary said looking back to her ladyship.

Last edited:

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
Iblis gave a nod, but found she had little more to offer. "We must venture into the mire. Whatever was the end of you and yours, it will be up to us to combat it next. Please, anything you can tell us, might be of benefit... might be difference between victory and defeat." Iblis knelt before her, placing a hand on her shoulder, and looking her in the eyes, her own expression quite sober. "We believe this was a thing of the void. Very few in this world can combat these things and hope to stand their own for any length of time. You are stronger now, though. Far stronger than you were in life. If the deaths of your comrades hurts you so, then help me make sure we bring an end to this thing before there can be more victims. With your strength, and with your knowledge."

Reptillicus

Jun 30, 2016
Mozi looked back to with her tearful eyes. "They were.... they were undead but not like normal ones.... they were strange, they.... they glowed with purple light... their eyes... just pale blue... they were.... monsters!", she said hands held close to her chest, the very memories giving her pain. "They were twisted... and it looked as though... things were crawling and slithering under their skin! the arm were covered in.... in tentacles! And eyes!", she said shuddering, this was hard for her, but these people.... they wanted to help... but what was left to help? Everyone was dead and gone, everyone she ever cared about dead... and now just her by herself little Mozi, with no "family" left to her now.... how was she to go on. Mary could see what she was feeling.... she knew this feeling, this feeling of loss. She too knelt down. "My good wo- no Mozi, I.... I know how you feel. 'What is left for me?' Right? I wish i could answer that for you. But, think of the other innocent people this.... this scrooge of the land could take? You can't let you comrades lives be taken in vain! Find meaning in that! live on for them! Lady iblis is right isn't she?", Mary asked standing back up and turning to face the mire. "it is my sworn duty to destroy the powers that took you comrades from you... it has taken from me as well. even if you don't come i will fight for what you have lost as well as mine!", Mary said with such the most solid of convictions.

The little half goblin now a sort of ghoul herself or perhaps a zombie? undeath was just a tad different for those of the greenskin heritage... regardless she stood up with her tear stained face straightened her helmet. they were right both of them she may not be a knight or even a proper soldier, but her mercenary group did have a code... she couldn't run they never left a job unfinished. As the last member of the Emerald Conquesadors she would see this through. The need for vengeance rising inside her. "I'll come with you, I gotta finish this, for everyone's sake.", she said as she looked at the discarded helmets.

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
Iblis listened to the exchange between Mary and Mozi with a distant expression. Her thoughts were elsewhere... on the ominous nature of this setting. The goblin didn't look incompetent, short stature or no. This foe was obviously beyond her and hers, and that was to be expected. However, Iblis hated that she couldn't even begin to gauge the enemies strength based on Mozi's own. Her decimated troupe didn't measure up to a point where their power had a chance to make any real difference. Against the First World, there was always such a lack of information, and every movement against it was that much more terrifyingly risky. Now, however, perhaps she had a chance to learn somewhat from Mozi. Tentacles, eyes, things crawling beneath the skin, it was almost as though the first world understood fear and revulsion intimately, and wound these things into its corruptions. She looked over the goblin warrior, soulful pink eyes taking in the little trooper. A trooper she was, too... she fully intended to fight on, dead or alive.

"If you intend to fight, you do so under Mary's command. She understands the capabilities of warriors and tactics better than I, and knows our enemy better than you. Do you find this acceptable?" She knew the importance of a chain of command, and truly, would also defer to Mary on the battlefield. Mary had experience even the immortal lacked.

Reptillicus

Jun 30, 2016
Mary looked to the little goblin undead, and she back to her. "Yes.... I... I think I'm ok with that...", Mozi said, she could tell just by looking at Mary that she had seen lots of action. She could follow someone like that... Mary looking back at the swamplands ahead said, "I don't know about commanding you Mozi but, I do hope you can trust my judgements. You would not be a subotnante to me, but sisters in arm! Come, let us give these wretched abominations there just reward!". she held in her mace forwards in challenge to the very swamp itself. If there was one thing mary did know how to do it was inspire people, she didn't really think of herself as some grand leader of men (or women), but she knew sometimes people needed that right words to go on, to fight the good fight! She could see the fire in Mozi's eye. "Just stick close to me Miss Mozi and we'll end them rightly." Mozi nodded in response. the little half goblins face was turning from sadness to righteous fury, she gripped her sword tightly.

Mary then looked back to her ladyship. "My lady, I shall take the lead. I am.... er.... perhaps the most damage resistant.", she said looking down. She didn't have her armor, but perhaps it was for the best. well long as she had her shield and and mace she'd be fine enough. the dwarven made shield could take most of the damage in anycase. So Mary lead the way forwards into the misty swamp. it was heavy with the feelings of dread, hopelessness, and most of all regret. if one's mind wondered in any capacity they would soon start recounting all there regrets in life... Mary would shake her head fiercely from time to time in their slow muck ridden advance. Thoughts of her queen and all the unsaid feelings of love she felt for her, all the time she could have spent with her, kept creeping into her head. the mire of regret was living up to its name. perhaps Iblis was the only one who had the best resistance to the influence, but she possibly still had to watch her own thoughts too....

the trees, the brush, and even the water and ground itself seemed to be both alive and dead at the same time.... strange forces were at work here. If the dark druid was anywhere this somehow seemed to be the place. They heard a voice cry out, "End me! just.... end my..... suffering!"

Last edited:

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
Iblis had always believed in a firm chain of command, and had believed that Mary did as well. After all, knights were bound strongly by the hierarchies of nobility and military trappings. Iblis watched Mary encourage Moxi, and felt the first pangs of the mire's ill effects creep into her mind. Regret... Iblis wasn't a creature that held a guilty conscience. She'd been around longer than humankind by far, and in that time had served in her role quite diligently. However, she'd seen many, many terrible things, and had been bound all that time against doing anything about them. The current state of affairs was the point at which she could no longer restrain herself, when she was told to just quietly let things end, as though it were utterly natural. And perhaps, in a grander scope, it was... but she'd not spent millennia soothing the pains and fears of the dead just to allow them to all be damned. Her children were legion, and their mother would not leave them to suffer. She never had before... she would not now.

Moxi got her second wind from Mary's reassuring words, from the strength the woman exuded. Iblis clutched her breast, again wincing in discomfort without her lantern. It was an object she'd never been without... and its questionable state of affairs was the largest chink in her mental armor, that the mire wormed its way into. In the lantern there were souls, still... souls left vulnerable, without her hand, without her guidance. In truth, she'd not imagined it would be separated from her when she chose to take on a mortal coil. If she'd known, she'd have released them all, even if they were unready, rather than risk them to the void.

Reptillicus

Jun 30, 2016
the mire of regret was aptly named. It's atmosphere was tangible even to one as old and wise as iblis. it was uncertain the voice they'd herd was real or not Mary paused holding her hand out to the side to make everyone halt. Mozi stopped looking past mary then back to her. "Did you hear that...?" Mary asked, her voice hushed. "I.... wondered if it was just me?". Mozi said uncertainly, gripping her sword tighter. she was still very scared and confused... she'd died and come back from death after all. the little half-goblin didn't have the benefit of her soul being soothed in Iblis currently missing lanturn. in anycase, she was unsure if her senses would be working right anyway.

"No it wasn't just you...", Mary said listening intently. Then came the voice again, this time louder, "Why can't i die?! it hurts! it hurrrts! i want it end!", it cried in pain. An eire purple glow could be seen ahead in the fog.

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
It was a sound she'd heard all too often, in her endless millennia guiding the souls of the dead. Cries of agony, verging on madness. For most, the pains of death ended with death, and all pain washed away as though in cleansing waters. But for some, letting go was the harder part of death, and their anguish remained unabated by the icy chill of the grave. This... this was Iblis' domain. Even without her lantern, guiding the souls of the lost was her ancient task.

Iblis pushed through dead branches, groping like desperate hands, her feet stepping lightly on a blanket of moss, avoiding puddles of stagnant water, filled with green life. There was a purple glow ahead, and she pushed on, undeterred. Her voice broke through the fog, the gentle voice of a maternal figure, filled with gentle understanding, and patient love.

"This earthly vessel fades, and serenity descends." Her delicate hand held a branch as she spoke the words to the old song, gripping it tightly. There was never a time, that she remembered, when her task hadn't elicited great emotion from her. It was a difficult job, where she met with tragedy again, and again, eternally... and it never grew easy for a mother to see her children suffer.
"The gates of Hel stand open, warmer than I knew.
The chill fades away, all torment meets its end.
And I know that death's gentle hand will guide me through."

When she bore her lantern, the song was often taken up by the children of the lantern, an unearthly chorus of voices, some mirthful, some melancholy. She missed their voices, and worried for them. Iblis pushed through, another step carrying her closer to their quarry.

Reptillicus

Jun 30, 2016
though Mary was not the target of this song and neither was little Mozi, they both felt some of the weight of their lingering regrets taken off their shoulders. Also... it would be a lie to say that Mary quite liked her singing voice, it reminded her of fond memories of her queen singing... but she was still very much on alert her her mace drawn. She instinctively moved ahead. She couldn't let her ladyship be the one in front, she was the protector after all. Mozi was keeping to the rear.

Stepping closer they could hear a soft sobbing the the lights once more. then, it hit Mary... purple lights? Mary gasped "First world! It is their foul influence! Surely they are torturing some poor soul!" and indeed it was. For before them they saw person clearly undead by the look of them writhing and sobbing in pain. perhaps ioblis song had lessened it but still the poor could not escape its torment. A sword was pierced through its chest. upon closer look it was zombie of a man, wishing for a death that would not come no matter how hard he screamed. flashes of dark lighting arched across his body and everytime he would whimper as he squirmed in the mud. "Are we too late....? Is this one last?", Mary said, she'd seen the corrupting power of the frost world first hand it was always up in the air if one could be saved once the influence got inside you.

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
Her music was a powerful thing for soothing pains, but this pain was a powerful thing, too... otherworldly, corrupting, in an unnatural way. And it was inescapable for the poor dead man impaled upon the blade. Iblis swore, it would be the dead that defended the living once more. But for now, she had to defend the dead. She could only affect the first world powers to a limited extent with her own... but she would do her best to give this man his rest before the corruption ruined him completely.

She wiped moisture from her brow, and steeled herself for the task ahead. Her song would not be enough here, not without her lantern. In fact, nothing she could do might be enough... but she had to try. She weaved arcane symbols, and chanted, trying to purify the undead in a baptism of necrotic energies. Hopefully, she could weaken the void's hold enough that the sword could be safely pulled from him, but the battle would be fierce, she imagined. Her powers were just too limited...

Reptillicus

Jun 30, 2016
the real question of it was time, how long had this man been touched by the first world? How long had he been here? Mozi didn't recognize him as one of her fellow Emerald Conquesadors but she started to recognize what was happening... she'd seen others in the swamp like this but with their mind completely gone, their bodies glowing! Mozi froze as the events that lead to her death played once again before her eyes. Mary saw poor Mozi shiver and freeze then Iblis attempt to purify the man's undead body. This was the right thing to do though Iblis method was different then the way Mary people had done it 100 years ago using the blessing of their patron goddess.

Mary had seen it all before, but alway on the living... never the undead. Mary could no longer call upon the holy powers of her goddess as she no longer had the spark of life so she couldn't assist. she sorely missed the blessings she used to be able to do. All she could do was hold her mace tight in her hands and bite her lip in worry and pity for the poor soul.

The man really began to thrash after that, howling in pain as vine like lines of inky purple light snaked across his dead blackened skin, while at the same time Iblis' necorit energies wrapped around him try to force the corruption from him. Then there was bright green flash! had it worked?! had the man been saved...? Mary uncovered her eyes to see the man's spirit, his soul green, and looking much more "alive" then his body had. but, Iblis hadn't be able to save the body as it was too far gone... she had at least managed to stop the man's soul from being consumed. The body on the other had had become a vessel for the corrupt powers of first world. The undead flesh had twisted into an unholy monster! one of its arms jad grow far larger as disgusting inky tentacles seemed to erupt here and there across its skin, its eyes glowed with hollow purple light. it screeched an ear splitting scream then launched itself at Iblis! Mary jumped into action meeting the monster with her shield blocking a blow ment for her ladyship.

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
Her powers felt pathetically weak. Without her lantern, she felt as though she were little stronger than a mortal. She held out, though, casting and struggling against the influence of the first world. She figured out early on that the body was too far gone, and she'd have to be careful in this battle. She could possibly salvage the soul... and that is what she fought for. She had nowhere for it to go, but falling to the first world would be no beautiful oblivion for it. She held, until finally, the soul shuffled loose its mortal coil, and was free'd from the grip of the first world.

She was drained from the effort, of freeing a single soul, and panted, on one knee, after her efforts concluded. Then, the body rose... twisted, warped, mutated. She grimaced, trying to stagger backwards, but her legs were lead. Mary intercepted a blow that would have sent her flying, and she fell backwards, scrambling, trying to gain her feet, and failing. She hadn't expected the struggle to take so much out of her... and perhaps foolishly, had poured her entire being into the effort, leaving herself utterly drained. She would be relying entirely on Maryabelle, here. The first world monster before her occupied an empty body, but it was a powerful foe now, and Iblis couldn't even provide herself with a token defense.