[Ren'py/Python] 'Monster Girl Dreams' Alpha v25.9b (BFRPG)

Threshold

Sep 2, 2016
v20.6a bug fix is out!

I love MGD and almost every piece of art that got added step by step.

But the imps... Does the archimp looks very different from the rest or will the whole thing involve story critical items? They are a bit too extreme on the loli side of things; have all my paternal protective instincts going up (which makes the forest dungeon a shroom only place since the lizard girls moved outa there) :oops:

They're intended to be petite 18-early twenties, but I can understand where you're coming from.

Vili has very large breasts, and has a more mature face than the blue slime I'd say. So unno. Same artist as Nara and the Blue slime.

lurker01

Oct 1, 2015
v20.6a bug fix is out!

They're intended to be petite 18-early twenties, but I can understand where you're coming from.

Vili has very large breasts, and has a more mature face than the blue slime I'd say. So unno. Same artist as Nara and the Blue slime.

Nice :)

Sumthing else entirely; is not having a licking skill intentional? It seems like something rather basic to have in either mouth or sex skills. Its actually weird for a long time now but too minor so I always forget to ask; but since we now have a perk added which main use one would think of in a kink game could not applied I thought its a good time to ask :p

Threshold

Sep 2, 2016
v20.6b is now out for more bug fixes!

Nice :)

Sumthing else entirely; is not having a licking skill intentional? It seems like something rather basic to have in either mouth or sex skills. Its actually weird for a long time now but too minor so I always forget to ask; but since we now have a perk added which main use one would think of in a kink game could not applied I thought its a good time to ask :p
Cunnilingus? Well there's the pussy worship skill, but that's only for the face sit stance, I just havent put the time aside for it tbh xD
not sure if it's really practical in nuetral stances to kneel down and go at it or if it should require somethings?

plantigrade-sermon

Apr 24, 2019
Song is open source and I found it during hours of searching xD
You can find the links to all the many sources in the credits screen.
Credits say that an artist contributed, game doesn't say what title is playing unless you look at the files.
And at the end of the day, I gather from this that you put the music with Nara on that mountain, so you're the galaxy brain. Good job, galaxy brain.

single imp encounters of any sort create an exception error so if you run into a group you need to beat them all or the last 2 together to avoid the error also solo imp encounters have the same issue before you can even start combat so save scum to get around this to
[...]

yeaahhhhh I had an uncaught exception that seemed to be.... from meeting Vili and then just doing anything in a combat encounter continuing from that adventure. Worried about playing a serious session until I know what that's about.

Also I physically need to spank an imp again. Please tell me it's repeatable.

Threshold

Sep 2, 2016
Credits say that an artist contributed, game doesn't say what title is playing unless you look at the files.
And at the end of the day, I gather from this that you put the music with Nara on that mountain, so you're the galaxy brain. Good job, galaxy brain.

yeaahhhhh I had an uncaught exception that seemed to be.... from meeting Vili and then just doing anything in a combat encounter continuing from that adventure. Worried about playing a serious session until I know what that's about.

Also I physically need to spank an imp again. Please tell me it's repeatable.
The bug should be fixed in the most recent version? 20.6b

and yes that's repeatable.

lurker01

Oct 1, 2015
v20.6b is now out for more bug fixes!

Cunnilingus? Well there's the pussy worship skill, but that's only for the face sit stance, I just havent put the time aside for it tbh xD
not sure if it's really practical in nuetral stances to kneel down and go at it or if it should require somethings?

I guess the same as blowjob from the monster girls. I think power to hold the partner in a grapple and technique to arouse her. I do not think it should require anything special to learn since its simple put the tongue where the fun is. How good from then on IMO = technique & perks (a few already hint at being helpful there). While no recoil the monster girls could try (with a check vs. power) to tun it into a 69. Or with an even bigger check against power into a face sitting (same for the player then top reverse face sitting). As I see it all the support that action needs is already in the game.

Also this could make high power build avatars a bit useful against Sofia again :p

Oh. About useful. Do you plan some kind of skill/perk retrainer? Took a few duds in my build before all the new cool ones got added to the game.

Threshold

Sep 2, 2016
I guess the same as blowjob from the monster girls. I think power to hold the partner in a grapple and technique to arouse her. I do not think it should require anything special to learn since its simple put the tongue where the fun is. How good from then on IMO = technique & perks (a few already hint at being helpful there). While no recoil the monster girls could try (with a check vs. power) to tun it into a 69. Or with an even bigger check against power into a face sitting (same for the player then top reverse face sitting). As I see it all the support that action needs is already in the game.

Also this could make high power build avatars a bit useful against Sofia again :p

Oh. About useful. Do you plan some kind of skill/perk retrainer? Took a few duds in my build before all the new cool ones got added to the game.

It's a bit more complex than that, as if I add it as a new stance (or even as face sit) I have to add dialogue to every enemy in the game for that stance and skill(s). I do want to add something like it tho, so I'll figure it out eventually.

I plan to add a retrain/respec option in the capital city of monster girls.

lurker01

Oct 1, 2015
It's a bit more complex than that, as if I add it as a new stance (or even as face sit) I have to add dialogue to every enemy in the game for that stance and skill(s). I do want to add something like it tho, so I'll figure it out eventually.

I plan to add a retrain/respec option in the capital city of monster girls.

Sure, yes. That will most likely be a lot of writing. I meant that as in you probably do not need to worry much in terms of new perks or adding/bending other systems around it. Just was throwing around some thoughts I had around it. Personally prefer my guy dueling it out in the sex stance even when he totally should not (*cough* Sofia); recoil be damned... :D

Glad to know one is coming.

I sometimes get an "Event Broke" message doing tantric thrust with real Vili in her final encounter. Nothing else bad happens though; no crash or anything.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2019
Hi! Long-time lurker here, and I just wanted to say that I love the game you're making and the pace of the updates! I'm especially happy with the amount of consensual and quasi-consensual content, the fact that the protagonist is not by default a complete wimp with no sexual staying power nor a mountain of muscle and masculinity, and the utter exclusion of loli content. (Seriously, Japanese monster girl games that have the first two points are already very rare, and it's impossible to find one that has all three.)

However I'm also a pretty greedy guy, so here's part of a wishlist poorly disguised as suggestions for improvements:

* A line or two of dialogue when generic monster girls appear. Currently a generic encounter starts like this: {Monster} appears! Without either of them saying a word, {Protagonist} runs up to her and {Sex Move}s her!
This feels out of character for everyone involved and misses an opportunity to establish a bit of personality for each new race when the player first encounters them. It doesn't need to (and arguably shouldn't) be anything complex, but having something rather than nothing would be a major improvement.
Also, including a brief interaction at the start of an encounter with generic girls could add the groundwork for other features, like girls that can let you pass without a fight if you agree to let them suck out one spirit or girls that offer you money/loot in exchange for you surrendering. (I know the 'let you pass for one spirit' is already an option for some named girls, but it doesn't have to be exclusive to them.)

* Adjustable dimensions for the game window and especially the battle menu/text box. As you reach the midgame and acquire most of the abilities, the battle menu box becomes too small to fit them all and requires scrolling to reach some options. It would be nice to be able to increase the height of the game window and battle menu box to be able to see everything again.

* Let space bar function as mouse click. A lot of Japanese games have this and I find it very convenient when playing without a mouse. (I don't know how hard this would be to implement with Ren'py)

* Autosort for items. Having consumables, runes, and accessories appear in the order you acquire them is distracting in a way I can't quite articulate. The option to have the game sort them alphabetically or by category would be very welcome.

* A quick link to inventory. Adding an inventory link to the History, Skip, Auto, etc. bar would be a major UI improvement that should be very easy to implement.

Threshold

Sep 2, 2016
v20.7 is now out for balancing, fixes and Tengu art.

However I'm also a pretty greedy guy, so here's part of a wishlist poorly disguised as suggestions for improvements:

* A line or two of dialogue when generic monster girls appear. Currently a generic encounter starts like this: {Monster} appears! Without either of them saying a word, {Protagonist} runs up to her and {Sex Move}s her!
This feels out of character for everyone involved and misses an opportunity to establish a bit of personality for each new race when the player first encounters them. It doesn't need to (and arguably shouldn't) be anything complex, but having something rather than nothing would be a major improvement.
Also, including a brief interaction at the start of an encounter with generic girls could add the groundwork for other features, like girls that can let you pass without a fight if you agree to let them suck out one spirit or girls that offer you money/loot in exchange for you surrendering. (I know the 'let you pass for one spirit' is already an option for some named girls, but it doesn't have to be exclusive to them.)

* Adjustable dimensions for the game window and especially the battle menu/text box. As you reach the midgame and acquire most of the abilities, the battle menu box becomes too small to fit them all and requires scrolling to reach some options. It would be nice to be able to increase the height of the game window and battle menu box to be able to see everything again.

* Let space bar function as mouse click. A lot of Japanese games have this and I find it very convenient when playing without a mouse. (I don't know how hard this would be to implement with Ren'py)

* Autosort for items. Having consumables, runes, and accessories appear in the order you acquire them is distracting in a way I can't quite articulate. The option to have the game sort them alphabetically or by category would be very welcome.

* A quick link to inventory. Adding an inventory link to the History, Skip, Auto, etc. bar would be a major UI improvement that should be very easy to implement.

Some of that actually made it into the recent patch thanks to your comment.

As for the fight intros, I've been slowly adding those in, the imps recently got ones, but it's not really a high priority thing so I haven't done it for everyone.

Also spacebar should already work as a mouse click? at least for progressing text.
Navigating the menus without a mouse would be basically a nightmare I think, or at least setting it up for keyboard/controller support?

lurker01

Oct 1, 2015
v20.7 is now out for balancing, fixes and Tengu art.

Great! :)

But would these two would not make more sense to be released together with the retrainer?

-You now get 2 stat points per level up, but no longer get free max arousal. The points equal out to the same if you spend one every other level on max arousal, so it's not a nerf as much as it is allowing you to customize your build more.
-You now get a perk every 3 levels, down from 5, this is not retroactively applied.

'specially the second one. Assuming the retrainer adds the 10 perks my guy would be missing now...

Threshold

Sep 2, 2016
Great! :)

But would these two would not make more sense to be released together with the retrainer?

-You now get 2 stat points per level up, but no longer get free max arousal. The points equal out to the same if you spend one every other level on max arousal, so it's not a nerf as much as it is allowing you to customize your build more.
-You now get a perk every 3 levels, down from 5, this is not retroactively applied.

'specially the second one. Assuming the retrainer adds the 10 perks my guy would be missing now...

Re-trainer should accommodate for older saves when it comes out.
Keep in mind your older saves tend to have other extras depending on how old it is, like free energy or hp.
So you shouldn't be too bad off.

Reactions: lurker01

lurker01

Oct 1, 2015
Re-trainer should accommodate for older saves when it comes out.
Keep in mind your older saves tend to have other extras depending on how old it is, like free energy or hp.
So you shouldn't be too bad off.

IDK. Its A365 / E210 at level 75; have not put any points in these. Does not feel like much depending on whom my guy fights. Have not tried the new build yet though; so don't know if he would feel more durable with 40 power and 36 willpower.

Threshold

Sep 2, 2016
v20.7a bug fix update is now out with balancing stuff as well!

IDK. Its A365 / E210 at level 75; have not put any points in these. Does not feel like much depending on whom my guy fights. Have not tried the new build yet though; so don't know if he would feel more durable with 40 power and 36 willpower.
I was wrong, before you got 2 points every 3 levels, so you actually get more than even I realized now. xD
Lots of work in progress changes, so dont know how stable this stuff really is in the long run.

lurker01

Oct 1, 2015
Lots of work in progress changes, so dont know how stable this stuff really is in the long run.

That is something I did thought of lately. There is an awful lot of avatar optimization for (correct me if I'm less right) beginner adventuring areas that in the full game would cover about the first 20-30 levels (excluding certain events and extended boss fights). That is just guess work based on the overall map size of course. In case the map gets 10 to 15 more areas added yeah, you will dump a ton of time in multiple rebalancing acts.

Would be sad to see you get burned out by being lost in details.

plantigrade-sermon

Apr 24, 2019
This game's progression design is pivotal. Leveling up, getting skills, unlocking locations. Unlocking equipment. How does the player move 'up'. What is it like to progress. Penalties for losing, too. What does going through gametime do.
But that means that almost any other experiment with the level up tweaking matters except choosing how much stuff you get per level. In alpha, everyone is accepted that nothing is final. You can alter it in ways that make other ways of tweaking exist.

There's enough content for people to see that the writing will continue to be great and that mechanics can interact with the plot in ways not yet exhausted. This is splendid. This gives you much freedom.

Picking reward amounts when content can change, is almost guaranteed to be something that will be re-revised. You have to know the data you get is still worth even if when you reverse that change for something else. Questions that matter:

1. Does every 1 point in Power(/stat) do the same thing? If so, Lovers Runes and the like always have the same penalty with no variance. If not, you're telling the player to specialize/be rounded. But Will-Power Temple also has something to say about that.
  2. What is the action economy, is it really one action, do you have to pick a move before a stance change might skip your turn, will monsters never have the free Push Away the player does? stance shenanigans are how you perform way beyond any other strategy atm. stance shenanigans are also how you get mad at harpies, the must-protecc generics. it's quite vexing.
  3. Is the only cost of skill use going to be EP? The interpreter doesn't allow a move to inflict a self stat penalty. So how complex will energy management be? Player needs to know how hard/complicated it's going to be to spend all their energy, win, and profit after Ardor Potion expenses, if changing the EP bar is a build choice.
The way that a player responds with build choices to the way these other factors work, that is him picking his gameplay experience. It's also what gets interfered with for in-progress saves with those new versions, but, you should interfere the bejeezus out of them. Reward quantities like stat-ups are answers to the noncreative question of what he needs to beat what's there. The creative questions radically alter what is reasonable for designer and player, and come up every time you put in something new for the gameplay experience to be.

When I saw frickin character creation I thought 'the level up screen is set because all these formulae would let the developer just do hard math to prove each of these bonuses have about the same impact on winning/losing a run through an adventure deck.' If there are some dud level-up choices, it's a good thing that grinding can get it right the second time around. Virility shows you were wise to outclassing fun early characters due to progress, and turned it into a way to scale fights and unlock scenes.
Regarding grinding, "dawdling in previous areas", at least, is necessary for fighting off combat loss penalties and restocking restoratives. So the game for the moment has an inevitable bit of returning to the front of the plot some number of levels past when you first could have got there (and first did get there). It's cool that the game is designed for dawdling because BFRPG reasons. But also it means that you might -mostly- experience the game with more stats than is challenging. Which brings us back to progression design. Player has gained a level - player's gained <everything he gets from doing stuff>, actually. In what way do you want the player experience to change, from that <progress> ?

Because ... you can make it whatever the hell you want.

cadmium

Aug 21, 2019

I don't like this change. You already have too much room to customize your build right now for my liking, which gives you lots of room to make mistakes, especially if you don't like doing math about stats. And when you make mistakes, you have to either grind a lot to get extra levels and buy the stats you neglected, or start over. It's not a fun kind of mistake where you can rapidly and repeatedly experiment to see what works and what doesn't, unless you edit your savegame or something like that.

Also, you should add a math teacher monster girl who analyzes you, then tells you if your stats are bad and explains why. You can't seduce her if your build doesn't meet her standards.

Threshold

Sep 2, 2016
v20.7b is now out for bug fixing and some other minor stuff.

I don't like this change. You already have too much room to customize your build right now for my liking, which gives you lots of room to make mistakes, especially if you don't like doing math about stats. And when you make mistakes, you have to either grind a lot to get extra levels and buy the stats you neglected, or start over. It's not a fun kind of mistake where you can rapidly and repeatedly experiment to see what works and what doesn't, unless you edit your savegame or something like that.

Also, you should add a math teacher monster girl who analyzes you, then tells you if your stats are bad and explains why. You can't seduce her if your build doesn't meet her standards.
I'm intending to make as many builds as viable as possible, so you won't need to think too hard on it if you don't want to.

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
After confronting the innkeeper, are there any further changes to her content? Such as helping her evolve? I really like how self concious she is and you even gave her a titfuck scene where she does her best. Also a succubus developing a kink for consensual vanilla sex and romance is both adorable and hilarious.

Report:
  • You are not given a chance to access your inventory after a combat encounter if the very next encounter is a boss fight tied to a quest. Likely since normally you'd just be back in town, so there was no point in giving the option.
  • If you leave the forest inn, the night background will stay.
  • If you have the option to confront Trisha but pick any other dialogue option, the confront option will vanish. Perhaps instead have the choice be before you choose to talk to her?
EDIT: Oh, the dragon/wyrm girl's good too.

Further report:
  • The manticore gets stuck if you initiate both fucking and making out with them. Likely because it's trying to do the auto-tail attack.
  • Moves like the manticore auto-tail are frustrating for the player as there is no way to know ahead of time that initiating the makeout stance will allow the manticore to put the player in a horrible position.

Last edited:

Threshold

Sep 2, 2016
v21 is now out!
Edit: v21.a bug fix is go.
Edit: v21.b bug fix is go.

After confronting the innkeeper, are there any further changes to her content? Such as helping her evolve? I really like how self concious she is and you even gave her a titfuck scene where she does her best. Also a succubus developing a kink for consensual vanilla sex and romance is both adorable and hilarious.

Report:
  • You are not given a chance to access your inventory after a combat encounter if the very next encounter is a boss fight tied to a quest. Likely since normally you'd just be back in town, so there was no point in giving the option.
  • If you leave the forest inn, the night background will stay.
  • If you have the option to confront Trisha but pick any other dialogue option, the confront option will vanish. Perhaps instead have the choice be before you choose to talk to her?
EDIT: Oh, the dragon/wyrm girl's good too.

Further report:
  • The manticore gets stuck if you initiate both fucking and making out with them. Likely because it's trying to do the auto-tail attack.
  • Moves like the manticore auto-tail are frustrating for the player as there is no way to know ahead of time that initiating the makeout stance will allow the manticore to put the player in a horrible position.

She does not yet have that content available unfortunately.

Last edited:
Reactions: lurker01

BasedBuckNasty

Nov 5, 2017
Hahahahaha. I know I am supposed to be a hero an all, but I take perverse pleasure in whipping Sofia with the Demon Layer with impunity while she is asleep. I mauled her first three forms, then she went all, "whelp it is time to put on some clothes and teach this dude a lesson!". But I was all like not so fast Sofia, I am not the little boy you remember. So of course I proceed to use my numerous critical hit chance/damage increasing perks and 40 willpower with arcane perks and unique blessing to arousara her into the ground. Technique was kinda low so I got binded and plastered with hearts which made me use a bit of cocaine, I mean Conscio Powder.
If you want to know how I got strong just wear a Collar of Kinky Education and fight the oni sister together or full power. You will learn your hypnosis is no good here Sofia.

The biggest drawback that I seem to have is my characters raging monstrous fetish that I got from creation, Manticore mate bonding, and Kotone hypno lover. If Sofia had a tail pussy I would be wrecked.She is all like, "look into my eyes or at my tits, or my feet, or something"<3" and I am all like, "I would... but I can't stop staring at your tail...". Ex True succubus defeated by deviant sexual autism. Not that you should ever add a tail bussy to Sofia to stop naughty degenerates like me or anything mind you. <_<

Last edited:

Threshold

Sep 2, 2016
Double post for v21.5, if using and old save be sure to read the patch notes!
Brings Vivian's new art and a new brothel event NPC with a lot of content, as well as a crap ton of behind the scenes system crap.

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
---Revised all of Vivian's existing Dialogue to better fit her intended character, and added a few new conversations to her in the inn. I plan to add some more content/conversations to her in a future update.
Is that more villainous or less? I absolutely hated her after the dancer hero debacle.

lurker01

Oct 1, 2015
Edit: v21.5a bug fix is now live!

I'd say less? But overall she's still about the same.

When talking to Lillian about Elena in the mids of the dialogue she says:
"ChangeImageFor"
Base

before continuing with the topic at hand (v21.5a)

edit:
I saw Aikos art for the first time. It looks mostly nice but (maybe its just me) her head appears to be very unproportional small

edit2:
Used Lillians new skill on Sofia mids combat.
It was hilarious that it did 14 times the damage of a thrust (which is 1 :p) . But her reaction (and my guys well deserved destruction) for doing so was king :D

Last edited:

lurker01

Oct 1, 2015
Random rambling...

Something about the final encounter of the new zone. Thats supposed to be the mental image to that?:

At least that was my first though. I even click an fitting dialogue (and immediately felt a bit bad. And laughed. And felt a bit more bad because of that (while laughing). I reloaded. But I'm REALLY curious what her art will be. And if Amber will start selling paper bags (... sorry :p)

Oh. Amber. Anything planned with her in the future? Shes a perv; my guys a perv. :smuggo:

Threshold

Sep 2, 2016
v21.6 is now out for bug fixing, Harpy Tengu art, and a internal system stuff.
Edit: v21.6a is out for bug fixes.

Last edited:

BasedBuckNasty

Nov 5, 2017
qKDtIOLQ_o.jpg

Ahahahahahahahahaha!!! Aw, don't be like that, you are cute when you pout. >:3