CoCEd - A save editor

NHKid8

Dec 23, 2018
I downloaded the DataXianxia, DataRevamp, and basic Data files for CoCEd a while ago, thinking that there'd be some way to use these files to add at least a bit of Xianxia/Revamp support. I have no idea how to use these files though. Any ideas?

Ravie

Jun 3, 2017
"Last seen 1y 15w ago"

I.... have a lurking feeling he's pretty unlikely to come back. I could be wrong though, but that's what it looks like to me, if it's been that long since he last logged on to the site.

jstan

Feb 2, 2019
I downloaded the DataXianxia, DataRevamp, and basic Data files for CoCEd a while ago, thinking that there'd be some way to use these files to add at least a bit of Xianxia/Revamp support. I have no idea how to use these files though. Any ideas?
You just need to leave them in the same folder as the CoCEd.exe and they should work fine.

@TheMadExile Are you still working on making CoCEd Xianxia-compatible?
I've been using it with the Xianxia mod without many issues, you would just need to add all of the data for the mod to the CoCEd.Data file or download one with it. I posted one with most of what I could find on the Xianxia thread here.

I'm considering making a fork of the repo and doing some edits myself to fix some issues I have ran across. But that's if I can get in touch with TheMadExile and get enough time to make a dent between work/home stuff.

Reactions: cadrack

Teskanir

Oct 5, 2018
Could you post the file somewhere that my browser will say is a safe site? I'd rather not download from an unsafe site.

Last edited:

MrNibbs

Apr 16, 2017
Getting weirdass errors out the butt. Trying to load up a completely fresh character but no dice. I get an error every single time

[CoCEd: 1.3.1.28497, CoC Data: 1.0.2_mod_1.4.16d]
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at CoCEd.ViewModel.GameVM.UpdateChest() in C:\Users\tmedwards\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\CoCEd\CoCEd\ViewModel\GameVM.Core.cs:line 239
at CoCEd.ViewModel.GameVM..ctor(AmfFile file, GameVM previousVM, Boolean isRevampMod) in C:\Users\tmedwards\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\CoCEd\CoCEd\ViewModel\GameVM.cs:line 135
at CoCEd.ViewModel.VM.Load(String path, SerializationFormat expectedFormat, Boolean createBackup) in C:\Users\tmedwards\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\CoCEd\CoCEd\ViewModel\VM.cs:line 125
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.Controls.MenuItem.InvokeClickAfterRender(Object arg)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Reactions: Salomon

TheMadExile

Aug 27, 2015
Getting weirdass errors out the butt. Trying to load up a completely fresh character but no dice. I get an error every single time
That would be because Kitteh broke save compatibility (again) with the Revamp 1.4.15 update.

That error likely comes from the change to item storage and slots. Kitteh has attempted a patch to CoCEd which I've accepted, but it may require more work to completely resolve the issue—we'll see.

There are also other things—e.g., item durability—that are currently unsupported by CoCEd. I don't yet know if those will cause crashes though.

EDIT: Check out the CoCEd v.1.3.3 update to see what it does for you.

verina

Jan 1, 2016
The latest version of CoCEd I can find is CoCEd 1.3.1
So any blurbs about CoCEd 1.3.3, or 1.3.2 is pretty useless without a recent and verified working link to wherever they are suppose to be found.

TheMadExile

Aug 27, 2015
The latest version of CoCEd I can find is CoCEd 1.3.1
So any blurbs about CoCEd 1.3.3, or 1.3.2 is pretty useless without a recent and verified working link to wherever they are suppose to be found.
You mean like the one in the opening post of this very thread? You mean like the update link/button on CoCEd's bar (far right, the after save/load menu)? Both of which always link to the most recent version.

I'd be wary about tossing around words like useless if I were you.

verina

Jan 1, 2016
Okay... I apologize for the useless comment... BUT I really never found this updated version of CoCEd before, and I check just two weeks ago.

Oh... and thank you for pointing out where to find it.

TheMadExile

Aug 27, 2015
Well, v1.3.3 is less than a day old and v1.3.2 only a bit older than that, so that would be why you didn't see them two weeks ago. Kitteh only contacted me about their save compatibility breakage about 4 days ago.

verina

Jan 1, 2016
That's what I guessed, and so far CoCEd 1.3.3 seems to work just fine, but I've not yet really tried editing much more then a few things to verify there is no more vanishing inventory or chest contents.

Spacebadger

Jun 2, 2019
It also resets my items to something I had a long time ago every time I use it. Every slot in each storage type gets overwritten.

GIRofDoom

Oct 19, 2019
I hate to be *that guy*, but any chance we could get a version that doesn't need kernel32.CreateFile2 for those of us still using Windows 7? DX 11.1 doesn't support it, and DX 12 is Win10 only.

sunblaze

Jul 29, 2017
Huh, are you sure thats the actual problem? I run win 10 pro on my desktop (since July 2019) and win 7 pro is still on my laptop. And both devices never had any errors in that case no matter which OS was installed at that time.

Edit: are you absolutely sure you installed the NET-framework? Since that is a requirement for CoCEd.
And that does not change no matter which OS you use.

GIRofDoom

Oct 19, 2019
Yes, I am. .NET Framework is the first thing I checked. I've had CoCEd longer than you've been a member (long time lurker, didn't join until I needed to make a comment) and it used to work fine. I've checked .Net. I've checked DirectX. I googled the exact message I was getting and the results I got pointed to kernel32.CreateFile2 being a new thing for DX 12 as the issue and that's why I was asking. I recently got back into CoC and tried to use CoCEd, but kept getting the error. I figured I needed a new version, so I found the latest download link in this thread and downloaded it fresh, but got the same error.

In case you're wondering/want to look it up yourself:
The procedure entry point kernel32.CreateFile2 could not be located in the dynamic link library api-ms-win-core-file-l1-2-0-dll.

Jakushka

Feb 22, 2016
When I used the editor on my Xianxia mod saves it would change the stats and perks but the locations didn't save and the items got deleted every time I loaded the save even with the DataXianxia. However when I deleted my save and resaved it in a fresh slot everything was working. The items were being saved properly and the locations were also discovered when I loaded up my file. Not sure if it will work for everyone, but deleting the save in game and then saving to an empty slot and reloading that save in the editor worked perfectly for me.

Ravie

Jun 3, 2017
I clicked on the update button on my coced, but the github page is not active. Did something happen?
I can only assume life got in the way of keeping the Git up. TME haven't been around for over 41 weeks as of now, so that's what it seems like to me.

That means, if you have 1.3.3 then it's as good as it'll get, but for those who don't have it downloaded you can only hope someone comes around to give a download.

*Ah for bleepin' sake. Yeah, should've actually checked the git myself, and it is indeed up. If there's any seeming issues, troubleshoot your own end first of all - reload, check git itself, make sure you went to the right page by checking first post etc. The editor itself could be outdated after all.

Last edited:

Atlas1965

Aug 28, 2015
Actually, the Git page is up as far as I can tell. Maybe it's something wrong on your end?

That_Guy98

Oct 4, 2018
my xianxia saves keep popping up as revamp in the editor and im not able to edit any of the variables from the xianxia mod

Atlas1965

Aug 28, 2015
my xianxia saves keep popping up as revamp in the editor and im not able to edit any of the variables from the xianxia mod
In the latest release, the Xianxia editing features got removed due to being incomplete - while it might get readded once finished, if you need to edit a Xianxia file you'll likely need to use 1.3.2 or earlier.