Cyberpunk 2077

Ecchi Bunny

Oct 6, 2018
Damn, no romancing Keanu then... Unless it's totally reasonable to romance a cyber ghost in your head.

Oh, found this close-up from the E3 stuff. Some people think it might mean the game is trans-friendly while others believe it will be transphobic because Poland.

Honestly did Witcher 3 strike you as a morally white and black game? I would give people who make a shades of grey story and world the benefit of the doubt when it comes to being phobic about anything or anyone.
As far as I know when we make a character its male or female, nothing to show it will let us be trans, it might have trans NPC's. But honestly atm its guesswork and people usually go with a negative guess rather than positive, until i see them confirm or deny ill hold my fears and hopes in check.
But for those fans who are trans i do hope they do a proper job of it, it would be a shame to have a great game not be played by a group of people because they failed to show them in a realistic and normal way. (seeing as there is gay relationships we as players can have i would say they are not closeminded so i'm leaning to them doing it right)

I can't wait for this game and Subverse, but this one looks like it will be even better than Deus Ex, since you can finish it without killing anyone and you can hack so many things, from cameras to robots to other people it is amazing.
Would love to see more customization options and skilltrees or perks or how or if we can mod guns. You know gameplay that matters in a RPG shooter, they showed off the choice consequence thing already.
Gotta look good while doing your mercenary job you know.

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
I'm just worried because CDPR is a Polish company, and Poland is very anti-LGBT. Like, "literally comparing them to Nazis" bad.

The Cyberpunk world is pretty transhumanist, swapping genitals is no different than buying a sex toy in the tabletops and switching genders is considered perfectly acceptable, so it's not unlikely for this to be represented in 2077 since you can have random hookups and possibly romance, I'd just prefer whatever representation there may be to not leave a sour taste in my mouth.

The game looks phenomenal, and I'm still gonna buy it, but if this is done badly it will affect my enjoyment when it comes up.

Definitely hope the customization options are insane though, one of the main reasons I play Fenoxo's games. Obviously it won't be quite the same, but I'm still very excited.

cobra

Aug 29, 2015
I'm just worried because CDPR is a Polish company, and Poland is very anti-LGBT. Like, "literally comparing them to Nazis" bad.

The Cyberpunk world is pretty transhumanist, swapping genitals is no different than buying a sex toy in the tabletops and switching genders is considered perfectly acceptable, so it's not unlikely for this to be represented in 2077 since you can have random hookups and possibly romance, I'd just prefer whatever representation there may be to not leave a sour taste in my mouth.

The game looks phenomenal, and I'm still gonna buy it, but if this is done badly it will affect my enjoyment when it comes up.

Definitely hope the customization options are insane though, one of the main reasons I play Fenoxo's games. Obviously it won't be quite the same, but I'm still very excited.

I remember Eurogamer getting an interview from CDPR about things like transhumanisnm and gender fluidity and guess what... it was torn apart by the gamergaters, alt-right, and social injustice warriors all over youtube, 4chan, and twitter.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-08-24-the-big-cyberpunk-2077-interview

Ecchi Bunny

Oct 6, 2018
Well i can see where you are coming from but if CDRED was not LGBTQ friendly i doubt we would have the option of gay romances in the game. So i'm hopeful they aren't anti-trans people.
The company doesn't have to share or agree with the politics or what the general public thinks.
I love Tits for all the things you can do to your body, would love Cyberpunk had the same. But then again this is text only while Cyberpunk is on a whole other scale.
Would jump to romance a trans NPC if we get some, purely because id enjoy the uniqueness.

cobra

Aug 29, 2015
@ScarletteKnight You might find this interesting. i don't mind it at all.

Cyberpunk designer says CDPR is working on transgender character options

https://gamasutra.com/view/news/344..._working_on_transgender_character_options.php

After a week grappling with controversy over the depiction of a sexualized transgender woman in Cyberpunk, a CD Projekt Red developer has told Gamasutra that the team is hoping to allow better gender representation through the in-game character creator.

The comment came during a longer conversation with quest director Mateusz Tomaszkiewicz that took place after developers and players expressed anger and frustration online over the in-game ad. Yesterday, Polygon was able to speak with one of the developers who worked on the ad. They offered some explanation and context about its inclusion in the game, but did not comment on if players would be able to play as transgender, nonbinary, or otherwise gender non-conforming characters themselves.

According to Tomaskiewicz, CD Projekt Red is hoping that when the character creator is finished, players will be able to customize their physical traits and voice to better match the gender they'd like to express. The company has previously shied away from confirming any details on its character creation system, stating in E3 presentations this year and last that it's a work in progress.

Tomaszkiewicz's comments appear to be the closest the team has been able to confirm this kind of character creation, which has been a topic journalists and other developers have been asking about given the game's themes about body modification and self-expression.

The challenges CD Projekt Red is facing with its depiction of transgender characters is one other game developers are also grappling with as they design character creators and work to define different forms of player expression. Transgender people in America and different parts of the globe face disproportionately high levels of violence and poverty, which often go hand-in-hand with stereotypical or hateful depictions that occur in video games or other media.

Other game developers hoping to be inclusive of transgender, nonbinary, or gender-fluid players have begun implementing game functions that ask for their preferred pronouns or offering gender-neutral options in the character creator.

Reactions: Grimoire

Ecchi Bunny

Oct 6, 2018
Well that was fast. I'm happy we get more options but i feel like this was added because of the controversy. They got bullied into it.
But they do have enough time to make it have effect in the story and in npc interactions. So here is to them not mucking up.

Klaptrap

Aug 27, 2015
Pretty sure we're just going to get pronoun options. Maybe make all the romances bi. At most there'll be one character that mentions it and only the moment after you walk out the clothing story with a brand new vagina.

I still maintain that the most trans-friendly game is Saints Row, where you could just swap and nobody would give a damn.

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
Hmmm, i'm curious if the characters we play will have detachable genitals as character creation kits or something.
I'm imagining the Archer scene where Katya's vagina is sitting in the sink (It vibrates!) but that's wishful thinking, i think that might happen for Subverse but not CP2077.
That'd be kinda hilarious. "Fuck, I left my penis at home" or "It's not mine, I'm holding it for a friend".

coldmonkey

May 11, 2016
One thing I've noticed during the gameplay videos, is that there's an almost complete lack of comedy in the game. Besides the slightly amusing Dum-Dum (who seems to be the best character shown so far, R.I.P.), there's just nothing to smile at. Sure, dystopia and all that, but I'll see how much brainless faux-cool dialogue sprinkled with "assholes" and "bitches" I can stomach before I turn the game into a pure FPS and start killing everything that comes near. There's not even any notable dark comedy, as far as I've been able to tell.
Of course, I may simply have missed it or failed to understand it, so if anyone disagrees I'd love to hear why, because I'll be glad if I'm mistaken, as it would make the game more promising.

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
One thing I've noticed during the gameplay videos, is that there's an almost complete lack of comedy in the game. Besides the slightly amusing Dum-Dum (who seems to be the best character shown so far, R.I.P.), there's just nothing to smile at. Sure, dystopia and all that, but I'll see how much brainless faux-cool dialogue sprinkled with "assholes" and "bitches" I can stomach before I turn the game into a pure FPS and start killing everything that comes near. There's not even any notable dark comedy, as far as I've been able to tell.

Of course, I may simply have missed it or failed to understand it, so if anyone disagrees I'd love to hear why, because I'll be glad if I'm mistaken, as it would make the game more promising.

Excuse me for the brief fanboy screams and placing a certain celebrity on a pedestal but ...
Keanu Reeves as Johnny Silverhand!! Unless you know the deep lore behind who Silverhand is, you'll find that he's is definitely going to have comedic tension in the sort of way you'd see from Johnny Gat from Saints Row.

As for the other parts of the game having comedy in it, you'll have to understand three things about it much like how "reviews" for a game are arbitrary statements varying from person to person, the people the game is more geared to.

First
is that this is a dystopia so the light-hearted element of comedy will be rarely seen if none at all and most of it will have Dark Comedy. Elements from the game will be brimming with violence that some people will find funny or entertaining while others may not, it's subjective to criticism if that is what you're into. CP2077 is meant to be this gritty, towing the razor's edge between corporations in a future where human life can be copied, replaced, harvested, bought and sold at cheap prices and in mass quantities where death is not really of a huge consequence to the wealthiest people and the less fortunate ones are just cattle waiting to be enhanced, modified beyond recognition, then harvested when they're worth something.

I think a tabletop session with Mike Pondsmith summed up what kind of comedy CP2077 has in store for people but i don't remember if it was for IGN or Outside Xbox that played it with him as their Game Master.

I recall a scenario where (in a classic Dungeons and Dragons type way) Pondsmith setup an encounter with the hosts playing characters in which they teammed up with an old Corpo(?) Veteran with a massive chaingun mowing down a biker gang and Pondsmith played the veteran as this grizzled old man telling kids to get off his front porch. One of the hosts playing a TV Reporter Corpo Agent with cybernetics and influence with the networks used some of their talents to create a flash mob of concert goers to rave outside the apartment where the bikers were causing mayhem outside of.

The wacky moments are situational, how people react to those scenarios is what the games are really about and how they work depends on choices we make.

The second thing
to note is that the search for comedy or anything of entertainment value is going to be buried deep inside the game, the point of the gameplay reveal is to show case what they have available to the public and NOT spoil the game like so many games have before. One such case where developers (or publishers rather) spoiled the game for people is Mass Effect, much of these games were built up on the hype to market them for higher yielding sales at the expense of story and narrative mystery. The Reapers were coming but how this affected story, they showed in trailers and gameplay; Collectors were teased and leaked, the suicide mission and possible failure; the Archon and the Andromeda galaxy being a colony simulator. All of it was shown and it ruined any potential they had.

CDPR is tearing out that rule of "lets reveal story to build up hype" and wrote a book new rules that says "trust us, we won't let you down" which builds up the fascination, the teasing, the intrigue which is just as powerful as Pulp Fiction's "What's really in the briefcase, Vincent?!!" We really want to know what is inside of the briefcase but CDPR is being very tight-lipped about it because they know they're sitting on platinum bars when development time and working very closely with the D&D type writer and creator of the series are endorsing them proudly. If you wanna find the good stuff, you'll need to grab your Netrunning Gear and dive right into the game itself and explore for yourself.

Lastly, this is just a taste of what you're seeing compared to what we might have in store and what we can expect - time will only tell because neither you or I know because they haven't given us any reason to suspect this is going to be a flop.

I can tell the company is trying to change things for the better, I admire that about them, when they don't grant their audience the "gratification" and catering to the hype. Used to, developers would with hold showing more at E3 just to build up hype and marketing and the games coming out would be utterly breathtaking (wink, wink); now this year's E3 has been whitewashed with garbage, fancy lighting, flashy trailers, hard bass with sound systems, it's a facade to stimulate a response to get us excited about what we're being presented. Bethesda's first Rage game was a boring ass game with a lot of potential but they never made an ending (its was a room with a button in the center); Rage 2's showcase, Bethesda brought Louie CK out to sing and they hyped up a game nobody wanted and they shoved the bright colors and flashy gimmicks in everyone's faces like Borderlands like "this is different! Look at me!! Buy me!!" practically begging to get sold.

CDPR's approach to selling CP2077 is what we used to see back then where they let it be a mystery and hint what's in store for people so that they get an better gratifying feeling when they get the game and have actually played it long enough to enjoy it for what it is. CDPR even encouraged everyone to wait before pre-ordering and buying the game until the reviews come out, when does a company do that if they weren't confident in their product? I'm sold on the concept alone. As Pondsmith has mentioned in his interviews: "This will have a little something for everybody" even if it was broadly used for the entire game as a whole rather than certain elements he mentioned before the quote.

Reactions: coldmonkey and Evil

coldmonkey

May 11, 2016
CDPR's approach to selling CP2077 is what we used to see back then where they let it be a mystery and hint what's in store for people so that they get an better gratifying feeling when they get the game and have actually played it long enough to enjoy it for what it is.
Unless they release a free playable demo, it's nothing like what we used to see. I miss demos. Thankfully, we have piracy to make up for it.
As for the comedy, I can only hope it's as you suggest, that it's there but hidden so far. A dystopia can only wallow in misery for so long until it becomes a boring (if flashy) backdrop, highlighting or bringing out the absurd through humour is the best way to have something retain the edge to its commentary, or just to keep its entertainment value. So far, the dialogue only seems to matter in terms of who you end up shooting to pieces, rather than being an aspect of the game that's in itself worth exploring, which could seriously bring down the game's replay value, as far as roleplaying goes. Then again, maybe I should mostly look at it as a FPS that lets you choose between power upgrades.

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
A dystopia can only wallow in misery for so long until it becomes a boring (if flashy) backdrop, highlighting or bringing out the absurd through humour is the best way to have something retain the edge to its commentary, or just to keep its entertainment value. So far, the dialogue only seems to matter in terms of who you end up shooting to pieces, rather than being an aspect of the game that's in itself worth exploring, which could seriously bring down the game's replay value, as far as roleplaying goes. Then again, maybe I should mostly look at it as a FPS that lets you choose between power upgrades.

I understand the skepticism and share your concern, given how the Gaming Industry has taken to predatory practices to milk gamers for everything - for nothing in return. As it stands, I've given up hope for Bethesda since Zenimax has corrupted them horribly and Bioware (not EA as it turned out) has literally fucked up Anthem for everyone and EA is scrambling to figure out what the hell happened. Valve and CD Project Red are the only companies i can see that still give me some hope there's change that haven't written off gamers with their business practices.

I think you should give CP2077 the benefit of the doubt regardless of the controversy surrounding it's current PR. If the Rock, Paper, Shotgun article is doing a Smear Campaign against CDPR's hotest game to be released, CP2077 is going to be THE game to destroy Epic Game's Fortnite and Battle Royale trend once and for all.

"Is Cyberpunk 2077 really going to be that great of a game?" I'm going to say absolutely because of the Smear Campaign. Epic Games has their Exclusivity Deal strong arming Steam PC community from releasing good games and literally fattening up their Game Launcher platform. Which as it turns out, was a complete flop because they gave massive discounts to PC players that made those exclusive game tank in purchasing power

Epic: "We're giving you 75% more profits on your games if you sign up with us!"
Devs: "Sold!"
Epic: "By the way, remember that $60 game you've been publishing for us?"
Devs: "Yeah, it's going to be the best game ever!"
Epic: "We're selling it for $10 this opening week during our massive discount to celebrate our game launcher"
Devs: "What the fuck did you just say?!"

Yeah, that happened. CDPR's game launcher is more developed and has been upgraded like Steam's in terms of features. Which means GOG is competing against Epic Game's game launcher with Cyberpunk being the mascot game to help launch their platform, if they are successful, those game developers that took up Epic's deal are jumping ship to go sign up with CDPR's GOG game launcher and kick start a brand new Era of PC gaming and potentially a Golden Age for the Gaming Industry as a whole. They have a better deal than Epic and they're a golden standard of a company with consumers and have been committed to making single player games are years and will continue to champion those values. Once Gearbox signs on with CDPR and gives Epic the finger, they will be a powerhouse with fans swarming in to join the fight and boycott Epic and EA's bullshit.

Everything is riding on Cyberpunk 2077 knocking a homerun and knocking everyone on their asses this year, Epic Games is on the warpath to make sure they don't succeed in winning Game of the Year and causing them to go bankrupt by encouraging people to sign-up with them and spark a revolutionary change in the status quo in which single player games are dead, microtransactions are the ironclad, company policy is law, live service is normal, unfinished AAA games are priced more.

coldmonkey

May 11, 2016
I think you should give CP2077 the benefit of the doubt
Oh, absolutely. The game looks fantastic, and the gameplay seems promising. It's just that sometimes what's there is so impressive that you don't notice what the product's missing, and to me, so far, that seems to be interesting dialogue and interactions. That's not to say that it won't be there, or that it means I won't give the game the fairest chance possible: I absolutely will. Just something I'll keep an eye on before I give anyone my money.
regardless of the controversy surrounding it's current PR
If it's that stuff about whether that satirical in-game ad is transphobic, then don't worry, I couldn't care less. It's a good ad that shows how far removed they are from any contemporary trans debate (rendered mostly moot by cybernetics and all), while at the same time making a (to me) obvious satire of how commercialism trivializes important things so that everything becomes accepted, but nothing gets to retain any integrity, dignity or uh, intimacy? Putting uncommon things in common situations is a good and established way of highlighting the sometimes absurd nature of the common situation, which we've come to accept out of habit, without for that matter denigrating the uncommon thing. There's probably a word for that but I don't know much about such things. I could also be completely wrong, which wouldn't make me less interested in trying out the game, because at the end of the day I'll shoot an NPC regardless of his/her/their/its/xer/whatevers orientation, identity or crotch configuration. I'm in it for the customizable violence and satire of many things I already hate (aforementioned topic not being one of them: more along the lines of consumerism and corporatism).

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
If it's that stuff about whether that satirical in-game ad is transphobic, then don't worry, I couldn't care less.
No, it's the racism article the trans-phobic stuff wasn't mentioned at all - actually. The Voodoo Boys and the Animals (Gang Factions) were depicted as racially offensive enough by RPS to mount a full assault on CDPR regarding the game design (which is petty bullshit) that other news outlets are jumping on them about because it's fueling a dumpster fire. Anita Sark- enterred the scene but immediately got pimpsmacked across the face when her company went bankrupt days later (instant karma, anyone?)

Putting uncommon things in common situations is a good and established way of highlighting the sometimes absurd nature of the common situation, which we've come to accept out of habit, without for that matter denigrating the uncommon thing. There's probably a word for that but I don't know much about such things.

Desensitizing -
  • Make (someone) less likely to feel shock or distress at scenes of cruelty, violence, or suffering by overexposure to such images.
    "the media had desensitized him to the horror of violence"
  • Free (someone) from a phobia or neurosis by gradually exposing the person to the thing that is feared.
Conditioning -
  • The process of training or accustoming a person or animal to behave in a certain way or to accept certain circumstances.

I could also be completely wrong, which wouldn't make me less interested in trying out the game, because at the end of the day I'll shoot an NPC regardless of his/her/their/its/xer/whatevers orientation, identity or crotch configuration. I'm in it for the customization violence and satire of many things I already hate (aforementioned topic not being one of them: more along the lines of consumerism and corporatism).
And I'll be right there with you on that part. As will many others.

The interaction system is open ended like in Fallout 4 but with a lot more polished and seamless animations (hoping less bugs or none). From the different trailers, it seems as though the game's roleplaying aspect will be very drastic and dynamic as we pursue different classes, choose backgrounds (be a Corpo, Nomad or Gangbanger) which gives the players unique character drive arcs design specifically to our PC specification. Grown up to be a Corpo means you have influence in the city and have strong pull with other Corpo agents unlocking branching paths to missions you'd never have the option to like in the trailer for the MedTech Ops. The choices between gender seem, again, arbitrary as they don't seem to have impact but that's an assumption. But as far as replayability, we will have that in spades if the environment is as good as they shown us and the buildings are explorable than cardboard set pieces, NPCs will be a factor to consider as AI hasn't been shown to stand out as much. The biggest thing i'm concerned about is the AI itself in terms of reaction and passive role, not just the Police Notoriety meter (gangs control outside the major districts while the police avoid those, they respond to violence like the police but you're on their turf).

Can we walk up to certain AI NPCs to speak up a conversation and whether its in-depth enough to be considered. I'm a story and narrative player so games with deep lore like Mass Effect and KOTOR are my jiggty-jam, my man. So if they have a decent enough RPG element that works well like Detroit: Become Human, I'm happy, but if they elevate it to Mass Effect levels or even Fallout 3 (i love the text-box options, lol) then
eFfmdb3.jpg

cobra

Aug 29, 2015
Seems the 50 min gameplay demo we were waiting for at PAX West has been cancelled... Instead were just getting a 15 min demo on Aug 30.

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/29533/gameplay-stream-announcement

Hey everyone!

We’re in Cologne, Germany, and gamescom is in full swing — we’ve already met with so many wonderful community members! For those of you at home — wherever home is — well, we’re not forgetting about you either.

Next week we’re going to host a stream during which we’ll unveil a 15-minute edit of what we’ve been showing to journalists and gamers here at gamescom, and then interview devs from the studio for additional information on what you just saw. Expect a lot of insight into the thought process behind creative decisions, information about Pacifica—one of the districts of Night City—and TONS of stuff on playstyles you’ll be able to adopt when you launch Cyberpunk 2077 next year.

This stream will be available for everyone to watch, so all of you, wherever you are, have a chance to feel a bit of gamescom — or any other trade show — at home. Hosting the entire thing will be our very own Hollie Bennett, our UK head of comms, and the dev line up will include some familiar faces you know and like.

There’s one additional announcement we have for you: we initially planned to showcase gameplay at PAX West, but there’s been a change of plans, and we’ll be streaming from Warsaw. The PAX cosplay contest is still on; we just won’t have the dev panel on-site this time around. There are many logistical (and some creative) reasons behind this decision, but the most important thing we want to say is that we’re sorry for the change of plans. We know that many of you waited to meet us face to face in Seattle and it bums us out that we won’t be able to see each other there.

Watch the stream August 30th, 8PM CEST (11AM PT) on the official CD PROJEKT RED Twitch and Mixer channels.

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
Honestly, it only amounts to a label change you likely only see in the first few minutes of the game, it's incredibly inconsequential. Since you do fuck, I think it'd be really cool if you could specify your genitals, but it'd probably just be throwaway lines anyway.

But what I'm really hoping for is that you can actually customize your body instead of having the exact same 2 models for everyone. Height, weight, muscle, breasts, everything. And so if you wanted, you could start with a masculine or feminine base and create an androgynous character, or whatever the hell else you wanted. It'd be nice to get to choose pronouns, and have "they/them" as an option, unless they wanna replace any instance of pronouns with the letter "V".

cobra

Aug 29, 2015
Honestly, it only amounts to a label change you likely only see in the first few minutes of the game, it's incredibly inconsequential. Since you do fuck, I think it'd be really cool if you could specify your genitals, but it'd probably just be throwaway lines anyway.

But what I'm really hoping for is that you can actually customize your body instead of having the exact same 2 models for everyone. Height, weight, muscle, breasts, everything. And so if you wanted, you could start with a masculine or feminine base and create an androgynous character, or whatever the hell else you wanted. It'd be nice to get to choose pronouns, and have "they/them" as an option, unless they wanna replace any instance of pronouns with the letter "V".

I'm not sure why I'm bothering, but thats the point Ive been making in other forums but they just don't seem to get it. Anyway it seems there are gender options after all since they explain it was a translation error because apparently the polish language doesn't have gender pronouns or something... don't quote me on that because I could wrong.

EDIT: Don't visit the Cyberpunk 2077 steam forum, its really melting down.

jIh5uiX.png

Last edited:

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
I'm not sure why I'm bothering, but thats the point Ive been making in other forums but they just don't seem to get it. Anyway it seems there are gender options after all since they explain it was a translation error because apparently the polish language doesn't have gender pronouns or something... don't quote me on that because I could wrong.

jIh5uiX.png
Oh, that could actually be pretty neat then. Still, samey body types suck, so I hope we get more advanced creation options.

Reactions: JK Drack

cobra

Aug 29, 2015
Well I just saw the 15 min demo and can say I'm a bit disappointed in the fact that it doesn't really tell me anything new I don't already know about...

I guess well just have to wait until Tokyo Game Show and hope for something better.

EDIT: I wonder if I can make a futa?

Last edited:

cobra

Aug 29, 2015
I heard their was a leaked gameplay video floating around awhile back of an italian demo of the one-hour E3 demo and I think I stumbled on it on youtube of all places... I don't know if its spoilerry or untill it gets flagged so WATCH AT YOU OWN RISK!!!

EDIT: It finally got flagged! lol

Last edited:

cobra

Aug 29, 2015
Welp... t looks like CDPR is adding microtransaction in multiplayer... I don't know about you but I have zero tolerance for this monitization bullshit and this is a blight on CDPR otherwise spotless record so far. So now you can expect me to give then a bit more scrutiny from this point on.

EDIT: Apparently theirs again confusion over monitization in this...

Last edited:

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
Thank you for the update, Cobra.

I am curious about why they went this route when the phone conference stated that it would change during the beginning of the development of the multiplayer. As far as we know, CDPR hasn't made any concrete ideas just concepts for what they will put in.

I would be scrutinizing CDPR buuuuut they weren't hiding the fact that we will see something of a microtransaction in their game even if it's in the multiplayer and not single player. In fact, they've been upfront and honest about everything behind the development of the game since the debut. I am biased because I want this game to succeed and I'm loving the game concepts and the tabletop content.

YoungYea is an awesome journalist and I watch him for all my gaming news, so I know he won't lead me astray if he is a little optimistic about the game development. Jim Inquisition is harsh but brutally honest. AngryJoe is too broad and doesn't dissect games with depth during reviews and news (like with Death Stranding). Overall, I'm happy with YoungYea's content enough that he has a bit of good levelheaded approach to interviews and articles.

Still optimistic about it regardless of the outcome of the multiplayer.

Reactions: cobra

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
I'm with Yong on how the microtransactions should be; nothing that affects gameplay, nothing completely paywalled or unreasonably grindy, and nothing at all unless it's free to play.

But I see no reason for people to be upset at the single player game, CDPR has been very adamant about keeping microtransactions out of it.

Reactions: cobra

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
So the take away from this is CDPR are being transparent in the fact that microtransactions will be a part of the multiplayer part of the game and will have no impact on the main game itself. If I were to play Cyberpunk 2077, would this affect me? No, because I don't play multiplayer mode in most games. So with that in mind, fair play to CDPR for being transparent about this.