Cyberpunk 2077

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
I am trying to manage my hype because it may not be even possible to live up to it if i let it get out of hand
Plus the more you take every day in stride, never anticipating or dreading things, the more you can enjoy each moment. Disappointment is far more fleeting, new joys last longer.

I've followed this as a philosophy for a long time now. It made Christmas and holidays far less stressful.

Reactions: Foxxling

cobra

Aug 29, 2015
Cyberpunk 2077 guaranteed to be out before 2021 and will not be an Epic Store Exclusive.

K

Kokayi005

Still mad that the game is only in first person POV.
No point to a character creation if you rarely if ever see the character you make.
There's no bigger turn on to me than making a bad ass heroine.
And I wanted to do that with Cyberpunk.

Oh well. Guess I'll wait for the next Ys.

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
Still mad that the game is only in first person POV.
No point to a character creation if you rarely if ever see the character you make.
There's no bigger turn on to me than making a bad ass heroine.
And I wanted to do that with Cyberpunk.

Oh well. Guess I'll wait for the next Ys.
It's for immersion, the game wouldn't function on the same level in 3rd person. Besides, I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunities to see yourself in cutscenes and maybe reflections.

Personally, I hate shooting in 3rd person, it never feels right. I like Warframe though, but I'm always better with a bow than a firearm, and tend to rely on melee a ton anyway.

K

Kokayi005

I can't stand FPS because I get paranoid something's behind me all the time. Then when I sneak around I'm never deep enough in a corner to hide, because I have little frame of reference. Immersion wise, I never get that. I get deep into Dead Space games and they were all 3 person over the shoulder. It's all about story to me for immersion.

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
I can't stand FPS because I get paranoid something's behind me all the time. Then when I sneak around I'm never deep enough in a corner to hide, because I have little frame of reference. Immersion wise, I never get that. I get deep into Dead Space games and they were all 3 person over the shoulder. It's all about story to me for immersion.
I mean, that feeling of something behind you or not knowing how much of you can be seen is also part of immersion. But in CP2077, there won't be any real menus, and the HUD is something you actually see with your cybernetic eyes and not just a game mechanic, it's very cool. When they showed the PC going in to get another implant it played out in real time, where you watched the surgery happen. I think it's extremely cool.

Reactions: Foxxling

cobra

Aug 29, 2015
Source: Cyberpunk 2077 Release Date To Be Revealed At E3 2019

https://www.spieltimes.com/news/source-cyberpunk-2077-release-date-to-be-revealed-at-e3-2019/

During Microsoft’s E3 panel this year, CD Projekt Red will reveal a targeted release date for the highly-awaited Cyberpunk 2077, according to a new source. Along with the targeted release date, CD Projekt Red will drop a new gameplay trailer along with an update on the game’s progress.

With E3 coming up in a few weeks I'll probably be posting an infodump here soon.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that this is just a rumor so take it with a grain of salt...

Last edited:
Reactions: ScarletteKnight

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
I've said it before, I'll say it again, Cyberpunk will be released in 2077. CD Projekt Red was telling us that from the beginning.

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
Yo! Keanu Reeves announced the April 16, 2020 release date! I am more excited than ever, I love it!

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
Don't pre-order games. You can wait for a month to see if reviews are any good.
I couldn't pre-order if I wanted to, but this game I will buy as soon as possible.

Besides, the only bad game I've ever bought was Andromeda, and it was half off by the time I got to it.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017

moobere

May 19, 2017
And even then you paid too much for it.
Imagine paying for the deluxe edition...like i did, but i got what i wanted from it only wished there was dlc. I also hate to say that I enjoyed it more than ME1 and 3 lol.

cobra

Aug 29, 2015
UPDATE: The upcoming private demo coming out on Tuesday will be made public at Gamescon in August.

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
And even then you paid too much for it.
Eh, I payed 33% off, got ~30 hours out of it and had no regrets. It was exactly what I expected when I went in. I'd say that I got what I wanted when I picked up Andromeda.

Slab Bulkhead

Creator
Oct 10, 2015
UPDATE: The upcoming private demo coming out on Tuesday will be made public at Gamescon in August.
Public for people at Gamescon, or public as in we can download it and try it from home?

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Yes.
No.
Maybe.
I don't know.

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
Damn, no romancing Keanu then... Unless it's totally reasonable to romance a cyber ghost in your head.

Oh, found this close-up from the E3 stuff. Some people think it might mean the game is trans-friendly while others believe it will be transphobic because Poland. received_427908997789273.jpeg

Klaptrap

Aug 27, 2015
original.jpg

On a more serious note I don't think we should classify the game as "trans-friendly" or "trans-unfriendly" based on what is most likely an awkwardly placed shadow. There are so many more things I would rather focus on than that.

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
View attachment 9748

On a more serious note I don't think we should classify the game as "trans-friendly" or "trans-unfriendly" based on what is most likely an awkwardly placed shadow. There are so many more things I would rather focus on than that.
It's not judging based on the image, it's just an indication that trans people will be in the game to some extent, which is completely normal for the source material, but nobody is certain to what extent or if they'll be cunts about it. It's just as likely that there will be a single trans NPC that is a joke as anything else.

Also, while I 100% want to have other things to focus on, as a trans person, the way they portray trans characters heavily colors the game for me.

Klaptrap

Aug 27, 2015
It's not judging based on the image, it's just an indication that trans people will be in the game to some extent, which is completely normal for the source material, but nobody is certain to what extent or if they'll be cunts about it. It's just as likely that there will be a single trans NPC that is a joke as anything else.

Also, while I 100% want to have other things to focus on, as a trans person, the way they portray trans characters heavily colors the game for me.
Sorry, I didn't mean to dismiss trans people, I just think that this picture isn't worth more than a momentary giggle. I'd hope people would at least wait making a friendly/unfriendly decision untill trans characters/issues are actually introduced.

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
Can i just say that i heavily approve CDPR's marketing style? A standard edition box set for $60 and a Deluxe Edition for the avid Hardcore Fandom for $250 each filled to the brim with goodies worth more than their value; no Epic Games exclusivity deal - Steam supported; no DRM restrictions; released on all platforms; possible no DLC (as CDPR has specified). I think the only thing i can see being a downside for this release is the fact that PC gamers who pre-order the game in any version will have to wait to get their codes <b>in the US</b> for some odd reason? We can get our physical copies of the game but a digital release seems like an issue here.

Regardless, i'm anticipating this game, Subverse and Watch Dogs.