Alder and FoE

Schneider

Feb 14, 2019
Alder I know that this may seem out of the blue and may take awhile. First I have followed FoE since 2013 my sophomore year in high school (on my own computer) and found it to be great game it was fun and was a different kind of game then I usually while still including an more intimate and engaging adult entertainment side. While much of the game I did experience was meant for adults as a gamer, a hopeful wannabe game designer, and perv I enjoyed the game through multiple playthroughs. I was deeply saddened by the hiatus in 2016 and the eventual indefinite hiatus in 2017. Moreover my health diagnosis happened to change during the same time with my old diagnosis which was part of my original identity as a wheelchair bound CMT patient. I was first hospitalized for stage 4 chronic heart failure and later diagnosed with a new disability never seen before along a gene in my chromosome. Now my future plans were changed and now no where will hire me I have all the free time in the world that I wandered back to playing video games and TITS CoC1/2 and always back to FoE. I sat around thinking about it and thought that it would be great to see FoE comeback and was wondering if I could write something that could be entered into it, figure out how to code it, and add in while not being to abstracted from the main content, and lastly do it it not only on the current game but do it for free without being paid but following any stipulation(s) you have. I'm a very good writer I just need to use a spell and grammar check program and I do fine and viewer/audience feedback. My writing is definitely college level I just don't have a degree and I am quite adaptable to suggestions. I will understand if the answer is a yes or no.
Sincerely,
Schneider

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
Writing alone wouldn't be enough. FoE needs far more than a writer -- this is why the game is effectively dead/no longer being made.

Hope this doesn't burst your bubble too hard. If you still want to try writing, try for CoC2 or TiTS.

Alyeska

Nov 3, 2018
I think it needs coders more than anything else. Hell, to be fair, if I had a copy of the sorce, I might give it a try on coding it. Used to be pretty decent at coding back in the day, but, its been a while.

Alyeska

Nov 3, 2018
Well yah, thats why I said if. Not like I expected to get a copy or anything like that. If it was out and about there would have been at lest one hackjob allready out and about, if only so someone could try and scam money from others.

Alyeska

Nov 3, 2018
Machanics matter, its kinda the machinery that alows the rest of the thing to work.

Alder

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 26, 2015
Don't get me wrong, I appreciate them. What I'm saying is that it's not likely to lead to the kind of progress most players are interested in.

Alyeska

Nov 3, 2018
Well, I would need your permission before I even tried to look at it, and with the depression I live with, would take a long time to learn the coding. I expect its not something that stuff could just be droped into. Plus, even if I knew the coding back and forth and sideways too, creating content is not allways an easy thing. Still, I would like to see the game being worked on again myself, and I can create some content, but, I would not really be able to make the whole thing all on my lonesome.
I would like to see more interactions with Terry, and the other party members you can recruit so far. (chuckles softly) Perhaps add a few suprises, such as a chance to end up pregnant from the gryphon thing at the brothal.

Timcanpy

Mar 12, 2019
Hey if FoE gets a go from Alder for fans to help complete it I'll jump on this bandwagon-
I'm a code enthusiast so I'm more than willing to learn the code that's used

I mostly just want some more story related to the city, as I love the immersion it gives with the racial tension. I'd really love some more discrimination when you choose to have some furry mods.

Alyeska

Nov 3, 2018
That to some extent is my interest too, there are some neet chars that are partly developed and I would enjoy seeing them compleated. Terry has so much more potential, never mind all the rest.
Building all that into the city might be a bit difacult, but, not imposable. Probably easyer to create a few new npcs that are racist agiast furrys in general, or against specific furrys. AKA person A hates bunnys, yet person be hates anything thats a mammal furry, and person c hates scalys. Posably make them a random encounter in the residential area and merchent area, and posably the square area. Hummm, a few ideas pop up with that.
Still, I will not touch it without Alder saying its allright. Its his creation, he desirves the right to control what happens with it. Much as Fenox does with Tits and the like.

Damn it, now I got some fracking asshole prick human char stuck in my had pissing and moaning in public about how horrable it is how all the damned furrys are corrupting is poor home city!

Reactions: Timcanpy

Autus

Nov 14, 2018
United States
www.autus.xyz
Just like to add my name to the fan help pot as well. I'm no stranger to JS and I've dug into the FoE code pretty heavily, but I just haven't had the time to solo any development. I'm fine working on small things, but with my work schedule it's not something I could seriously devote time to. That may change in the near future.