The Last Sovereign

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
I'm sad you don't think Hester is hot. Clearly, my efforts to court the extremely lucrative GGILF market have failed.

This is reasonable, but it would have been hell to design. There's meant to be compromise behind the scenes no matter what occurs, but some of this is abstracted out for the sake of mechanics. Think of it as asking for too much leading to a negative reaction. Sometimes you can negotiate down, but if your initial offer is too high you run the risk of offending the other party.

I was afraid it was a limitation of the mechanics, but really hoped it was just an overlooked part of the script. I guess I'll just have to settle for
giving the succubi their own religion ungoverned by the Ivalan high priestesses.

Decanter

Aug 27, 2015
Why are all the high priestesses (except Hester) so hot? The church has doomed some of the world's hottest women to a life of chastity.
It seems pretty heavily hinted that you'll be able to fix that. Probably in the upcoming update.

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
New TLS update for patrons! I'm a bit fried, so you only get one screenshot this time:
68vi6ah.png

Public version maybe in a week, but can't be sure. This finishes a complex segment that will require rebalancing.

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
The newest version of TLS has been released publicly:
http://the-last-sovereign.blogspot.com/2018/12/tls-0405-public-release.html

TLS 0.40.0
- New content finishing the Council of Gawnfall.
- One new scene.
- Misc fixes on previous sections in preparation for the Steam release.

TLS 0.40.1-5
- Wrestling with the scope of the event.

Not a lot to say beyond the notes I left on the blog. I hope people enjoy the update. ^-^

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
New TLS update for patrons! This one takes the party back to many locations they haven't been allowed for some time, to meet old friends and see how your choices affected them...
gqDuP4X.png

But you'll also visit some brand new locations, including some new content that people have been waiting for a long time:
iO03MUY.png

If your synod made those decisions, anyway! My goal is to emphasize how the player's choices have a real impact on the world by including a wide variety of different consequences:
cBOwb0b.png

Depending on how your synod went, you might have integrated the succubi into the Ivalan Church or caused a schism. Or...
d9UKX8v.png

The public version will be coming out in two weeks! Meanwhile, all my games on Steam are at significant discounts, if you're interested:
https://store.steampowered.com/developer/sierralee

Corrupted

Feb 9, 2019
So I been playing the update and I keep trying to find this Chosen who is in a different spot each time I talk to him. I last saw him in ardford but I cant find him anymore. Anyone seen him?

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
So I been playing the update and I keep trying to find this Chosen who is in a different spot each time I talk to him. I last saw him in ardford but I cant find him anymore. Anyone seen him?
Hey, sorry nobody answered you here. As a hint, I'll tell you that he appears in five different locations and you can visit them in any order.

Corrupted

Feb 9, 2019
Hey, sorry nobody answered you here. As a hint, I'll tell you that he appears in five different locations and you can visit them in any order.
Ah ok. Well I gotta find him one more time then, just oneeeee more ahhhh. Thanks for the hint though

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
TLS is finally available on Steam! Link here:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/951830/The_Last_Sovereign/

To be clear, the game will remain entirely free (the DLC is just an empty option some people requested). This is just another way for people to play the game. But if you've enjoyed TLS, please consider giving it a review so that new players will consider giving it a try!

cazadore

Aug 31, 2015
so when do you think those two new games you made will come out, the other games you made are fun even bought when when i already downloaded a free version kek

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
so when do you think those two new games you made will come out, the other games you made are fun even bought when when i already downloaded a free version kek
Both are a ways from actual release, but Don't Save the Princess is nearing its big public demo and Once Ever After is ready for betatesting of the first half. I've been putting off the latter so that it wouldn't distract from TLS progress.

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
Apparently there is actually an organisation call the 'Broomkatsuki' that is responsible for all these broom requests.

Jash

Oct 8, 2015
anybody know any other good rpg maker games
Harem Collector is one of the best.

Noxian Nights is another classic, particularly if you love LoL, with the added bonus of being 100% complete.

Peasant's Quest is not bad.

Of course, there's the Legend of Queen Opala games, but I find them so intimidating that I haven't really engaged with them yet.

Fractured Worlds: the Nether Sky is another dauntingly in-depth one.

A Zombie's Life and Zombie's Retreat are both good.

There's a bunch of other ones advertised on this very forum like Harem, Yorna: Monster Girl's Secret, Renryuu: Ascension, Caliross etc.

If you want a really exhaustive list, though, you should probably make a separate thread for it. This is TLS's thread, after all, and discussing other games might seem a bit rude. Although maybe I should have said that BEFORE mentioning a dozen other games...

bullcrush

Feb 27, 2016
harem dark is pretty solid with at least 24 hours of gameplay with lots of contents for both the light and dark sides, with new content being added on a monthly basis

Sierra Lee

Aug 28, 2015
Work on TLS will continue as it always does, but meanwhile I wanted to introduce people to one of my side projects. I've been putting this off for a long time to finish more content and get TLS on Steam, but it's finally time to do major testing on Once Ever After. People at the $10 tier on Patreon and SubscribeStar now have access to the first build:
OEA.png

This build has 5-10 hours of gameplay and 9 fully-illustrated scenes (art by Crescentia). More info on my blog:
https://the-last-sovereign.blogspot.com/2019/03/once-ever-after-beta-testing.html

That's all I'll say on this for now, but I wanted to let people know. Back later with more updates!

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
Well, after having a Hiatus for about 2 years from TLS I replayed the game......and once again am reminded why this is one of the best games ever written. You really do create games that draw you in Sierra.

Looking forward to the future updates along with the new games you are creating.

I do have a couple of questions though after replaying.

Will we get to update the bottom left or top right of the lower floor of Simon's castle?

Will Ivastan reappear soon?

Were the Orc mines the only new investment after Gawnfall?

Is Estevan an Isekai character, aka a character from another world/reality entirely? Some of the comments involving him, along with him introducing bunny outfits, seem to give evidence he is.

Will we get to battle any of these powerful monsters that are meant to roam the oceans? And will underwater locations make any appearances, like a coral reef, sunken ship or secret underwater city?

When will Sarai learn about Wendis. That would be a hilarious interaction.

Are there any broom like enemies that are within the spatial regions?

And on a different note, which of your characters do you identify with most?

Last edited:

Decanter

Aug 27, 2015
Were the Orc mines the only new investment after Gawnfall?
Only new one, technically so. But if you got aid for Tak'kan you will get a discount on the orc slum investment, and if you have the Ardford restaurant and Givini teahouse, you can recruit the potion seller from Gasm Falls into a new line of work for improved restaurant profits.

Corrupted

Feb 9, 2019
So I have already asked this question but i just wanted another hint after all this time. Is the chosen in the elves region cause I swear I have been every where at this rate looking for him XD