Idea spitballing: purely cosmetic items

Is this a good idea?

• Total voters

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Maybe we could have some items whose only purpose is to add a bit more flair to our appearance screen.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Now, back to the subject at hand..... what kinds of things would you guys want to see in it? I was thinking stuff like scarves and jewelry, and maybe hats, or rings, too. Just random junk to spice up your character a little bit.

ChromaTaphore

Aug 6, 2018
Septaphorae
I've actually considered writing an item to give the player skin patterns unavailable from Pickmentation. Mostly just because I hate having to save-scum Shark Bytes to get a frontal blotch. However, I always wind up remembering about it when I'm too low on energy to write. Off-topic rant aside, yes, please write up cosmetic items. Please. I'm a slut for cosmetic items.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Maybe they could also sell stuff like makeup. Lipstick, eyeshadow, and the like. And maybe stockings, high heels, and other sexy apparel for when you're going to town. Cause I dont know about the rest of you, but i really wished that when you wear the Stockings and Panties underwear, it said that you kept the stocking on, cause I find that stuff really hot.

BoyHowdy000

Oct 2, 2018
I feel like we mostly just need an extra accessory slot and more accessory options. Getting someone to exclusively create vanity items might be a bit difficult, but I've supported the idea that this game isn't taking full advantage of the potential of the accessory slot for a while now. Theoretically a slot that encompasses "accessories" could include basically anything, but all it's ever really used for is jackets, drones, and stat boosting items like the Aim Eyepiece. The new Shield Augment Bracers are a fantastic example of an item for this slot that really stands out from the crowd and feels unique, but there's plenty more potential yet untapped. I feel like expanding the list of available accessories and giving us an extra accessory slot to take advantage of the variety would really help things without needing to resort to introducing an entirely new category of items. Not to mention that, as we have seen with the bonus-less Fedora, this slot is also capable of containing items that are simply visually appealing and don't offer any tactical advantages, so it would definitely be possible to introduce further vanity items as well if that's a big part of what people are interested in.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
I feel like we mostly just need an extra accessory slot and more accessory options. Getting someone to exclusively create vanity items might be a bit difficult, but I've supported the idea that this game isn't taking full advantage of the potential of the accessory slot for a while now. Theoretically a slot that encompasses "accessories" could include basically anything, but all it's ever really used for is jackets, drones, and stat boosting items like the Aim Eyepiece. The new Shield Augment Bracers are a fantastic example of an item for this slot that really stands out from the crowd and feels unique, but there's plenty more potential yet untapped. I feel like expanding the list of available accessories and giving us an extra accessory slot to take advantage of the variety would really help things without needing to resort to introducing an entirely new category of items. Not to mention that, as we have seen with the bonus-less Fedora, this slot is also capable of containing items that are simply visually appealing and don't offer any tactical advantages, so it would definitely be possible to introduce further vanity items as well if that's a big part of what people are interested in.
Maybe a new accessory slot can be a passive upgrade for when you reach a certain level? That would certainly be interesting!

Lkynmbr24

Creator
Oct 30, 2016
I mean... I'm already working on a pretty big piercing expansion right now? The shop list I have for them and my upcoming character are already complete, with even more to come with an expac, so hold on tight for those!

Reactions: XBoxMaster131

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
Awesome. Well, maybe? Realistically speaking, would it be unreasonable to layer the Augment-Weave, Shield Aug Bracers, and Shock Gear all on top of each other? And in what order? I like things to make sense, but also this would be OP and cool.

Ooh, or I could headcanon that, as a Techie, I do something I love doing irl; taking things apart and making something new! So the Aug Bracers become part of my Shock Gear!

Reactions: Kesil