What're You Playing?

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
I couldn't think of anything else and started up Skyrim. I'm an archer, because of course I am, and can't decide which unique bow I should use. I could alternatively use the Bound Bow + perks and poison, or create an OP custom bow. Figured I had no place better to help me decide.

And in case I get bored of Skyrim, recommend other titles on PS4 where you can be an aimless adventurer, even if you have to ignore the main quest to do it. Bethesda games don't count, because I already have them.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
- Level up your alchemy and your enchanting.
- Make a potion to boost your enchanting.
- Use said potion and enchant an item to boost your alchemy.
- Equip said item and repeat a couple of more times, the idea being you're boosting one to raise the other and so on.
- Enchant an item to improve your smithing.
- Make a god-tier bow that will one-shot most enemies!

Regardless

Jul 20, 2018
And in case I get bored of Skyrim, recommend other titles on PS4 where you can be an aimless adventurer, even if you have to ignore the main quest to do it. Bethesda games don't count, because I already have them.
Dragon's Dogma? Pretty good character creator and companion creator too. It's one of those games like the Just Cause games that I never finish but will play from the start every once in a while because it's just that much fun to do very little in.

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
Dragon's Dogma? Pretty good character creator and companion creator too. It's one of those games like the Just Cause games that I never finish but will play from the start every once in a while because it's just that much fun to do very little in.
I just finished it again not long ago, but an excellent choice.

Gigas_Magus

Sep 19, 2018
In an old, forgotten codex.
I couldn't think of anything else and started up Skyrim. I'm an archer, because of course I am, and can't decide which unique bow I should use. I could alternatively use the Bound Bow + perks and poison, or create an OP custom bow. Figured I had no place better to help me decide.

Skyrim is pretty great. I think there are some mods on PS4 where you can get elemental arrows, and I used to have one that featured explosive fish arrows. It was pretty funny because at the start of the game when Lokil would try to escape from the Imperials, a guard would shoot him with an explosive arrow and you could see his body fly off in the distance. Heh.

Sometimes when I get tired of it, I'll delete and redownload it sometime later to see if there are any new, worthwhile mods (the few we get on PS4).

Other games where you can be an adventurer:
Final Fantasy XIV
Journey (A very short indie game, but fits the bill of being an aimless wanderer.)
Tom Clancy's The Division (I haven't played it since release, but I hear it's good these days.)
Trove (Free-to-play, if you're into the minecraft-like stuff.)
Absolver (A bit short on content, but otherwise great.)
Shadow of the Colossus

Unrelated recommendation:
Warframe (Free-to-play. If you don't mind the grinding aspect, this is one of the better games I've played on PS4, period.) Especially with Fortuna coming soon.

Last edited:

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
Skyrim is pretty great. I think there are some mods on PS4 where you can get elemental arrows, and I used to have one that featured explosive fish arrows. It was pretty funny because at the start of the game when Lokil would try to escape from the Imperials, a guard would shoot him with an explosive arrow and you could see his body fly off in the distance. Heh.

Sometimes when I get tired of it, I'll delete and redownload it sometime later to see if there are any new, worthwhile mods (the few we get on PS4).

Other games where you can be an adventurer:
Final Fantasy XIV
Journey (A very short indie game, but fits the bill of being an aimless wanderer.)
Tom Clancy's The Division (I haven't played it since release, but I hear it's good these days.)
Trove (Free-to-play, if you're into the minecraft-like stuff.)
Absolver (A bit short on content, but otherwise great.)
Shadow of the Colossus

Unrelated recommendation:
Warframe (Free-to-play. If you don't mind the grinding aspect, this is one of the better games I've played on PS4, period.) Especially with Fortuna coming soon.

I have Absolver, and I love my combat deck, but it got repetitive fighting against copycat decks.

I've also beaten Shadow of the Colossus twice now, good stuff.

I think I'll try the free games though.

Reactions: Gigas_Magus

A79

May 18, 2017
Carl's backyard
I just dug up an old Interplay title I never knew about. Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader. It's basically a hybrid of the systems used for Fallout and Baldur's Gate. Pretty happy with it so far.

Slab Bulkhead

Creator
Oct 10, 2015
Got Dragon Quest XI during the Steam sale and I fucking love this game. :D I'm about four hours in and it feels like a classic JRPG, like everything I've been missing from the FF games. Wouldn't mind the story moving a little faster, but it is moving, and I kind of wish I could turn the voice acting off because I read a lot faster than these people talk. But it's damn good so far.

Linarahn

Jan 6, 2017
Gyakuten Kenji 2/ Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth 2

Or rather, I'll start playing soon since I just finished the first Investigations game. I'm holding off with bigger games until the holiday period, really. Mainly because there's only one or two games that -might- come out in December I'm interested in at all and I'd rather save up some money for things that release over the course of next year. And maybe an FFXIV sub for when Shadowbringer rolls around and pulls me in. Even if I still have to play through Stormblood first. I want that Dancer!

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
I'm really disappointed with the last Civ 5/Civ 6 patch. Adding ads to the launcher creates an unnecessary security risk for users. Yes, it does phone home to some ad server to pull the ads and previously there were complaints about spyware.

Firaxis/2k games can go fuck themselves.

ANTI

May 13, 2019
TPS+RPG (mostly gunfight)
Survival
Hates:
Scriptwritters that was grabbed from elementary school
Survival (for no tutorial in 95% cases / 75% of games are a cripple simulator instead of survival)

Ch0w

Apr 12, 2017
A lot of Warframe. Almost 300 hours in less than a month, but now I don't know what to do.
that's nice, but i know the feeling (says the person with over 4000 hours in warframe) there's nothing left but i still keep playing, alot of users here also play warframe
unknown.png

Sounds like burnout, play something too much and you just burn yourself out on it and lose interest.
it awakens a completionist side inside people
by rank 10, which is fast to get, you already did every story mission
but then you want that weapon, that blade, that cape, that shiny accessory...
and when you're finally almost completing it... update with new weapons, new pets, new characters, new clothes...
endless blackhole of farming

Last edited:

Keet

Jun 15, 2018
Oklahoma
I haven't been playing anything but some forgettable idle phone games, Sims 4, and Let's Go Pikachu for several months now.

ADD makes gaming a little hard sometimes bc its either do only that all day or lose interest in an hour and be frustrated cause i want to play but cant make myself play. interest-based brains are bullshit and i wish my computer could actually run sims game packs beyond cats & dogs maybe then i could justify playing a life simulation game for days on end!