Star Swinger [Nebula]

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
Acron.

A planet among the stars; one of untold number but nestled in the breadth of an arm of the milky way. Many believe - or have been told - that humans were the first to bless the stars in this part of the galaxy. That they documented and dominated space... and wiped out countless species in the process until they grew secure enough to not fear their neighbor. The massive armada of the Human alliance had been tested against synthetic uprisings and a darker species from beyond the galaxy that had been set loose an untold millennia ago; the Vrinn.

But these are distant memories; Acron lies on the borders of current Coalition of Humanity space. A small nation of a few system, Acron boasts significant power to the other neighboring fledgling states... but only at their prime. A fascist nation, they foolishly invoked the wrath of humans so long ago and were forced to reform for survival. Some hated it; saw it as bending the knee even when faced with so many human ships that they could blot out the stars. Others used it and steered the nation ever onward.

But this was long ago; now these factions still bicker... but few could have foreseen what would happen to the royal family coming...

------------------------------------------------------
"A fine day, isn't it?"

One of the many royal guards grumbled in response to a fellow guard; their heavy suits and weapons at a low carry as they stood in the courtyard of the family's palace. The metal walls of the building were well fortified and guarded; a compound shield in place to protect them from orbital strike as well. It was precautions taken by Rhiannon's father in an effort to prepare for the worst. Men and women from the system that bore distant relations with the Acronian family tree had been preaching that they should militarize once more. To accept their right to domination now that the human navies had departed their space to protect their "core". After all, humanity had stated that smaller scale wars between the various powers was fine; it would help ensure balance and conflict never truly escalated too far.

But it also meant their planet's vast green-blue skies were locked behind the purplish tint of a shield... and that their servants were now mostly replaced with armed guards.

Rhiannon was still in bed; still in her room... and she could hear the teetering of footsteps as an elderly and sparkling familiar face moved to push her clothes to her bedside. Her family's long-standing servant Kalnan; nearly a century old with much of his body now made of cybernetics that they had adopted from loose trade and research with humanity and other distant powers.

"Lady Rhiannon; it is time to awaken. Your father wished to see you today and you're still not dressed." The old man reached to carefully stroke a wizened strip of grey fuzz on his chin, closing his mechanical red eyes. "I certainly hope you have not been running around with hopes of romance in days like this... the guards are stretched thin enough watching the whole family."

Nebula

Dec 20, 2017
A silent growl came from under a pile of many blankets and pillows littering a queen sized bed. A hand reached out from the far edge and pulled a piece of cloth over itself - "Mhhhhhhh... I'm not in the moooood..." - a sore female voice with a pronounced discomfort spoke back. It was certainly Rhiannon, and it seemed like she was having a hangover. Again. Over her careless teenage years the youngest princess became quite infamous among the nobles after sneaking out of the palace multiple times, forfeiting her safety and comfort to party and engage in romantic shenanigans - "Can't we talk later? I seem to have caught a cold..." - a series of fake coughs followed that statement, although with a sore throat like that they sounded quite convincing.

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
"None of that; up. Let's go."

The old man gently pulls the sheets off her - it wasn't the first time seeing her naked - and leaves her on the bed before moving over to press a button on the wall. In an instant, the metal shutters shifted and adjusted to turn the wall into a window... giving her a good view out over the closest thing to the country left on the planet. It would be more akin to a suburb; the distant people moving about but having no way to see inside. Kalnan quietly turned and pushed open the bathing room's door next... all before turning to face her.

"If you won't meet him, the least you can do is meet with that star merchant as he instructed you. They apparently are quite rich and your father said "the least she can do is flirt with important people". I suspect he is quite... displeased with your recent attempts to sleep around. Your virginity is an important negotiation point, you know... you should take it more seriously."

Nebula

Dec 20, 2017
"Maaahhhhh! Fine, fine! I'm going! Geez..." - lazily she slumped off the bed and dragged herself to the bathroom while muttering irritated - "Do I really have to? I mean... I'm not the best conversationalist when it comes to "important people". I'll just fuck it up and of course it's going to be my fault that we lost a possible ally. You ought to know that better than anyone, Kalnan"

After stretching her limbs Rhiannon climbed into already prepared bathtub, sighing in relief as hot water engulfed her skin - "Ohhhh~ that's good. Besides, how can you be sure I'm still a virgin? Gods know where I've been" - she remarked cheekily in an attempt to get on her servant's nerves, as usual.

Last edited:

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
“Because if you weren’t, I’m certain your father would be telling you to sleep with the merchant instead.”

Turning and leaving her to bathe, she was finally alone. The sounds of birds occasionally broke the silence but it showed how peaceful the compound could be...

After she’d finished cleaning up and getting dressed, she’d find an unusual surprise beneath her things. An old Acron 99, an improved kinetic pistol that had been used for a very long time thanks to guns becoming so vastly improved over most forms of armor. It was likely Kalnan’s weapon based on the age... but it was affixed to a belt that was matched to her. Whether or not she took it was her choice; her meeting with the merchant at the family’s spaceport was coming up however and she needed to get moving... or heed the call of mischief and sneak off.

Nebula

Dec 20, 2017
"Hmm... Fair point" - she was certainly dismayed by Kalnan's stinging answer. As sharp as ever this old fart. Unlike other servants he knew just the right words to put Rhiannon back in her place, no matter what she said or did to provoke him. Now that he was gone, she slid under water with a sigh of relief, making a few bubbles on the surface when exhaling the rest of air. When she was all out of breath she slowly submerged and picked a sponge, then started scrubbing herself clean. In a quarter or so she was out of the bath and drying herself, taking her time when it came to her silvery platinum blonde hair.

While still rubbing a towel all over her head she stepped out of the bathroom and stopped at a nearby drawer which stored her underwear, or at least it was supposed to. The top shelf was pulled out and its contents scattered around the place. Inside, rolled into a pair of bra, lied a small black creature with a crimson fur accent, barely the size of Rhiannon's forearm. It looked like one of few nature's awful yet fascinating in its own way pranks, as if it was a spliced cat with an imp.
Rolling her eyes she poked it a few times in different places which earned a gentle slap on the fingers from the creature's paw - "Trying to nap here. Leave me be!" - a clear male voice responded.

Twisting her lips into an annoyed grimace Rhiannon grabbed her pet and tossed it at her bed where it bounced off into a pile of pillows with a surprised scream - "How many times must I tell you to stay out of my undergarments, Jackson?! Now it'll reek. You've got your own pillow and all!"
The creature crawled out of the pile and stretched like a cat with a tired growl - "Good morning to you too. What's with the mood? Overslept something important? And speaking of pillows, I refuse to rest on that... thing. It's bad for my back! Your underwear, on the other hand, is soft and smells nice. It's only natural I'd pick it over that boulder you call a pillow!"

Rhiannon pulled out a pair of lacy bra and panties from a lower drawer and put them on before walking over to the bed - "Whatever. I sure wish I did. Dad wants me to meet that off-world merchant. Guess it's back to my scapegoat duties for the time being"
"Yikes. Can't we just... do something fun and non-productive?"
"Not today. This sounds actually important. I can try to fuck off after first impressions and head downtown, but I'm not feeling right in the head today. Might have to pass on clubs today"
"Pfff! Yeah right, that's what you said yesterday!"
She chuckled softly while picking through her clothes - "Shut u-..." - but then she fell silent after discovering the handgun between those clothes that Kalnan left for her. She picked it up for a closer inspection, brushing her finger over the shiny barrel and soft comfort grip.
"Neat! Old school yet stylish. Wanna shoot those annoying pigeon wannabes off the roof?"
"This isn't a toy Jack"
"That's why I'm saying to put it to a good use, is all! Whatcha gonna do with it?"
"Well, doubt Kalnan left it by mistake. Dad must be real paranoid about my safety. Might as well take it"
"Ye, no wonder he isOUCH!" - he yelped after Rhiannon flicked his nose as payback for that remark - "That was uncalled for!" - he barked while rubbing his nose.
She said nothing in return and proceeded to dress up. This time around Kalnan brought her a casual outfit comprised of white pants and high cleavage shirt ornamented in orange combined with a transparent silky poncho. The bright colors complemented her rich caramel skin perfectly. After snapping the gun belt over her hips Rhiannon extended an arm to the cat-like creature for him to climb on - "You coming along, Jack?"
"Don't mind if I do, princess" - after Jackson lightly pounced over her arm and settled down on her left shoulder Rhiannon stepped out of the room ready for a new day.