CoCEd - A save editor

TheMadExile

Aug 27, 2015
Eh. Shit happens. I was working on Xianxia support when life got in the way—suffice it to say, the local hospital should be giving me frequent flier miles. Beyond that, I see that in my absence, apparently, the Revamp developers decided to break things again—FFS.

The official repo is not dead. I do not, however, have an ETA on when it might support the latest versions of Revamp or Xianxia.

As far as, CoCED-Updated goes. I'm actually wondering why they simply didn't submit pull requests to the main repo rather than forking it tearing out support for CoC. They didn't even bother to contact me about it. Tacky.

Ravie

Jun 3, 2017
Perhaps something in consideration they overhauled the menus to be revamp-spesific and didn't want a pull request to overwrite the support you had for vanilla? don't really know, could be anyones guess... still a little tacky, but they did it for the community though...

Anywho, good to see you back and hope you're well again now. Hospitals are never fun, despite their necessity in society...

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
@TheMadExile Xianxia have now github updated be it release version of commits on wip versions so you can look there. And...I'm glad you're back and everything is ok on your side.

lightningshifter

Aug 27, 2015
I have a question about the modded CoCED. If you click the check for updates button it always directs you back to the download for the modded one but it doesn't seem to realize it is the same version. If any future updates are made to the editor to make it more compatible with the revamp mod and Xianxia will they also append to that same page that the update checker links to? I think that would be the ideal case so that at least we can get the latest and greatest editor since the only content that's going to really change is the mod content from here on out. Honestly I noticed a few flags in the editor that I figured out were definitely related to the revamp mod but the good news for anyone that is curious is that anything exclusive to revamp will do absolutely nothing if you tinker with it while playing from Xianxia. If you tried to force an item that is revamp only then you'll load a save with an empty slot or the perk or feature won't be there when you load. There's no save file corruptions or crashes from what I've seen in experimentation.

There are actually quite a bit of things you can interact with using the editor once you've played into the game a bit and obtained certain items and or perks. They start populating down at the bottoms of the list because they are unknown items for instance. The same happens with items in game that the editor doesn't have in its database to begin with. Some of them will shown as unknown but some actually have recognizable names even. I also discovered it is a bit more flexible with changing variables on the raw data page than I had previously realized. But again, some of those flags and lines won't necessarily mean much or be noticeable until you've played into the game a bit to get things to fire off in game and populate the save file.

PS I also tried to use the one link for the modded editor and I got a 404 file not found. I hope there is a new link being posted somewhere because it would be sad to lose this wonderful tool.

TheMadExile

Aug 27, 2015
I have a question about the modded CoCED.
Then this, the official/mainline CoCEd thread, is the wrong thread. I don't know if the "modded" version has a thread.

If any future updates are made to the editor to make it more compatible with the revamp mod and Xianxia will they also append to that same page that the update checker links to?
I'm not sure what you're even asking. CoCEd's update checker should either tell you that you have the latest version or provide a link to the latest version. I don't know what the "modded" CoCEd does in that case—I'd assume the same, though linking to its repo, but that may not be the case.

Sep 4, 2017
Hi all. MadExile, thanks for making this editor, and I hope things are going better for you.

I've been having an odd problem lately. I'm using CoCEd 1.3.1 with revamp mod v1.4.9 for CoC 1.0.2. I'm playing the offline version in Flash Player. At first, the editor would open and save just fine. Lately, however, it simply refuses to open at all.

I'm using Windows 7, and everything's been unzipped and kept in the same place as when it worked. I did have a problem for a bit with other exe files not working (largely from the Taskbar), but that has since been solved. I've tried random other game exe's and they've opened with no problem. I have Net 4 installed. I'd had a couple of missing dll file errors before, but I've since put them into the proper folders.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

TheMadExile

Aug 27, 2015
If you're not seeing errors, then the only thing I can suggest is to clear CoCEd's application cache.
  1. Ensure that CoCEd is not running.
  2. Open %LOCALAPPDATA% in Windows Explorer or from the Run dialog (WIN+R).
  3. Within that directory, find and delete the CoCEd directory.

Sep 4, 2017
If you're not seeing errors, then the only thing I can suggest is to clear CoCEd's application cache.
  1. Ensure that CoCEd is not running.
  2. Open %LOCALAPPDATA% in Windows Explorer or from the Run dialog (WIN+R).
  3. Within that directory, find and delete the CoCEd directory.

Hi. Thanks for getting back to me.

Tried that, still no go. I have also tried removing the previous extraction and re-extracting to the folder. When it ran before, it wasn't contained within Program Files; I kept it under a separate folder on the Windows (C) drive. I did keep all the extracted items in the same folder.

I generally am getting a very brief listing of CoCEd running in Task Manager Processes, but it disappears after a few seconds.

I did get an error message on crash once. It listed something about related files to help describe the problem. These were all supposed to be in Users\Private\AppData\Local\Temp, but all three are absent.

WERD97.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
WER255C.tmp.appcompat.txt
WER25BB.tmp.mdmp

Is there anything else you could suggest? Thanks in advance for the help.

TheMadExile

Aug 27, 2015
Not really. Just the usual, make sure your anti-virus/malware isn't interfering.

There have been cases where 3rd-party applications/libraries have broken .NET, however, without an error you don't have much to go on. /shrug

Sep 4, 2017
OK, thanks anyway. Sometime when I'm feeling calm, I'll take another stab at it.

Take care.

UPDATE: I got it to run on my Windows 10 laptop, copied the saves to a flash drive, and transferred the modified saves back to my main Windows 7 PC. Not sure if it was a 10 vs 7 issue or what, but it works. So I have a workaround, and I can put my mind at ease.

Thanks again for what help you were able to give. All the best to you.

Last edited:

LupusMAL40k

Sep 2, 2015
Sweden
OK, thanks anyway. Sometime when I'm feeling calm, I'll take another stab at it.

Take care.

UPDATE: I got it to run on my Windows 10 laptop, copied the saves to a flash drive, and transferred the modified saves back to my main Windows 7 PC. Not sure if it was a 10 vs 7 issue or what, but it works. So I have a workaround, and I can put my mind at ease.

Thanks again for what help you were able to give. All the best to you.
Check if you have an old version of RivaTuner Statistics Server (RTSS). version 6.x.x is known to have rendered titsed and coced unable to start.
7.x.x does not appear to have this problem, at least not on Windows 10.

RTSS is used by MSI Afterburner, and should shut down if you close Afterburner.

Sacredferro

Aug 26, 2015
You can also safely uninstall RTSS without removing Afterburner in case you are actually using Afterburner. Can't say I miss it much after finding out that it actually was causing several programs and functions on my comp to mysteriously shit themselves at times because of RTSS. Then again, I do have two monitors, so even with fullscreen games, I can just leave Afterburner up on display 2.

DaniDipp

Dec 7, 2017
The backups of CoCEd rescued my now year-old save-file after Windows decided to fuck it up. Thank you so much!

jason freeze

Nov 28, 2017
I am just wondering but is there going to be an update or is there somewhere i need to look in order to get CoCEd for the revamp mod? it still works but it is missing some of the items and what not.

executaball

Dec 25, 2016
Hi I'm wondering if anyone's got the old version of CoCEd? Github has no old versions and sourceforge has old versions deleted... Looking for CoCEd 1.0.2 or any older version really. Trying to rescue an old save but using the up to date CoCEd it keeps complaining that it is too old.

sunblaze

Jul 29, 2017
That is the oldest version I have and in fact the only one older then 1.0.4 I have.
Enjoy!

Attachments

• CoCEd 1.0.zip
    210.7 KB · Views: 18

BMN1234

Apr 13, 2018
Not really. Just the usual, make sure your anti-virus/malware isn't interfering.

There have been cases where 3rd-party applications/libraries have broken .NET, however, without an error you don't have much to go on. /shrug

Hey mate, I need help in trying to get this to work. I'm having the exact same problem that @Lycanthrokeith has been having with it, although I'm not about to upgrade my Windows, nor do I have a laptop to play this on. However, I actually do have an error code to show:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: CoCEd.exe
Application Version: 1.3.1.0
Application Timestamp: 57a258f3
Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17617
Fault Module Timestamp: 4dce2b0e
Exception Code: c06d007e
Exception Offset: 000000000000cacd
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 7283
Additional Information 2: 72836eb6216b49be15302fdb224c1b5d
Additional Information 3: 86c9
Additional Information 4: 86c9c508ea605022834219c120442837

I have looked far and wide in trying to get help for this. I have asked on /htg/, both the discords made for CoC, and have even tried to fix issues that might be related to the Kernalbase.dll file, but I have had absolutely 0 luck. Can you please, please, pleeeease help me figure out why this program has suddenly, for whatever reason, stopped working for me when it worked fine months ago? Trying to play this on my Windows 7 Ultimate with Service Pack 1 installed, I have used multiple versions and none of them work, and I even did what you said in regards to clearing CoCEd's application cache, that still didn't work. Please help me, CoC has way too much freaking grind and RNG to play it without this.

Azureink

Feb 12, 2017
How do you change the 'Raw Data'? Most of it is grayed out for me and I can't seem to click it.

BMN1234

Apr 13, 2018
Hey mate, I need help in trying to get this to work. I'm having the exact same problem that @Lycanthrokeith has been having with it, although I'm not about to upgrade my Windows, nor do I have a laptop to play this on. However, I actually do have an error code to show:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: CoCEd.exe
Application Version: 1.3.1.0
Application Timestamp: 57a258f3
Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17617
Fault Module Timestamp: 4dce2b0e
Exception Code: c06d007e
Exception Offset: 000000000000cacd
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 7283
Additional Information 2: 72836eb6216b49be15302fdb224c1b5d
Additional Information 3: 86c9
Additional Information 4: 86c9c508ea605022834219c120442837

I have looked far and wide in trying to get help for this. I have asked on /htg/, both the discords made for CoC, and have even tried to fix issues that might be related to the Kernalbase.dll file, but I have had absolutely 0 luck. Can you please, please, pleeeease help me figure out why this program has suddenly, for whatever reason, stopped working for me when it worked fine months ago? Trying to play this on my Windows 7 Ultimate with Service Pack 1 installed, I have used multiple versions and none of them work, and I even did what you said in regards to clearing CoCEd's application cache, that still didn't work. Please help me, CoC has way too much freaking grind and RNG to play it without this.

Nevermind, I fixed my issue. With such a quick, simple fix. Freaking hate myself over how simple this was.

TO ANYONE THAT HAS ISSUES WITH THIS LIKE I DID:

Try downloading the windows update: 2018-01 Security and Quality Rollup for .NET Framework 3.5.1, 4.5.2, 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7, 4.7.1 on Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2 for x64 (KB4055532)

Because it managed to work for me after I did this. And I did quite literally everything else I could to try and fix it.

Kasari

May 26, 2018
This is what comes up when I try to run CoCEd 1.3.1 I have no idea how to fix the issue.

Attachments

• CoC Error.png
    CoC Error.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 39