Weather Complaint Thread

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Just so SoAndSo won't go crazy.

Yeah, here in Ireland, we've had the hottest July in over 40 years, with a peak temperature of 33C (91.4F). Hosepipe bans all over the country, which seem set to last until the end of August.

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
I heard things in Japan are real bad right now.

Where I am it's not water that's going to be an issue but power. If this trend continues we're probably going to risk another blackout.

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
It's not hotter than usual here, but it's been consistently hot since March. Usually Spring isn't too bad and there's lots of rain to help drop the temperature. Then Summer gets hot (100+ F with the humidity if sunny) but there's still ample rain to drop the temp once every couple of weeks. This year we hit the hundreds in March and have gotten about 1/3 as much rain.

Winter was also much colder though. Most years it only gets below freezing for about a week. This year it was 10-20 F from November until late January.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
So Europe is approaching Death Valley levels during this heatwave, with Portugal and Spain getting the worst of it, with the possibility of both countries hitting 48 degrees Celcius.

Speaking to an ex in Finland, one branch of a supermarket chain there has invited dozens of customers to sleep in the chilled and freezer aisles (NOT IN THE ACTUAL UNITS!) overnight.

So yeah, fuck this stupid fucking heatwave and give me some damn rain!

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Speaking to an ex in Finland, one branch of a supermarket chain there has invited dozens of customers to sleep in the chilled and freezer aisles (NOT IN THE ACTUAL UNITS!) overnight.
This is awesome! I wish companies in the states were that nice.

Reactions: IATIHIA2

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
What's up with the raining this month? Here in Florida i slipped and fell into a freaking pond in my front yard getting into my truck. Here's the thing, my yard doesn't HAVE a pond and its nothing but dirt and roots from a stupid bush that never gets trimmed. I look out the window and think, "oh what a lovely day for a drive!" then i get my clothes on and grab my keys and then it pours two inches of rain enough to where one step and my leg is soaked to the knee and ankles. Last month was hot a fuck and here we have plenty of rain, i swear its like Ireland down here!

A79

May 18, 2017
Carl's backyard
I also live in Florida. Believe it or not, this has been a dry and cool summer this year.

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
Increasingly unpredictable and extreme weather is what we've been seeing for the last two decades, and we should expect it to only get worse going forwards with how much corps and countries have been dragging their feet on global warming.

A79

May 18, 2017
Carl's backyard
In Florida's case, we usually have a summer like this the year after a big storm. That category 5 last year was a nightmare.

IATIHIA2

Jun 14, 2018
USA, New England
Compared to other people, I know I don't have it too bad....but I'm sensitive about heat. Fuck this 85°F weather EVERY day for the past month... and somehow it's not even cooling off at night...
Luckily, ever since Hurricane Florence, the crazy heat stopped....
Now it's constantly raining instead.

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
Compared to other people, I know I don't have it too bad....but I'm sensitive about heat. Fuck this 85°F weather EVERY day for the past month... and somehow it's not even cooling off at night...
Luckily, ever since Hurricane Florence, the crazy heat stopped....
Now it's constantly raining instead.

Started raining here last night, temp dropp 5 degrees in half an hour. Today's high is 20 degrees lower than yesterday's low. On the plus side this might mean the heat is gone. But if we get another drop like this come winter there's going to be a ton of ice and snow on roads that usually only get below freezing 2 or 3 times a year. I am not looking forward to driving in that.

Reactions: IATIHIA2