Wsan writing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wsan

Scientist
Creator
Jan 8, 2016
It's snake madness this month. We've got the slyveren, a new snek I'm making, then there's yet another snek by someone else potentially in the wings. I'll have a doc up soon, though it'll mostly be talking prior to the recruitment.

I've gotta say, I'm really liking 'abrupt' recruitments like Azra's recently. I should have latched onto the idea years ago, but by now I think the crew is fairly well accommodated for and there's no real need. A quick "well, Dane exists, so you might as well come with me to help" would have covered pretty much any mercenary-type NPC back in the day. All you really need is a common goal.

Reactions: Run That Fade

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
I don't think we've reached the limit of unique professions a ship can have, also having more characters overlap in roles give choice in case players don't like what one offers.

Wsan

Scientist
Creator
Jan 8, 2016
I don't think we've reached the limit of unique professions a ship can have, also having more characters overlap in roles give choice in case players don't like what one offers.
True enough, though there are limited positions on a ship. Luckily "courtesan/concubine" covers basically all of them.

Linarahn

Jan 6, 2017
True enough, though there are limited positions on a ship. Luckily "courtesan/concubine" covers basically all of them.

Would it be, technically, possible to have positions mesh with Bess/Ben so you can assign generalists to more specific positions? I mean, unless Hand So becomes Intelligence Officer by default? Although, if given the choice, I'd very much relish the thought of a snek spymaster.

In fact, just gimme all the sneks, I'll leave the dogs at the door.

The Krispiness

May 7, 2018
Under your bed.
www.google.com
Have you ever thought of giving Amber a last name to help distinguish her from SlabBulkhead's Amber? Something your character helps her come up but that isn't necessarily chosen by the player. I doubt they'd let people use mononym's on space passports or whatever. Maybe have the PC character do a codec search on the parents with Amber refusing to meet them or have them turn out to be some characters referred to in-game, like Aina's parents. Like Aina's parents had non-identical twins but could only afford to take one off planet with them. They then tipped off the UGC with the hopes of reuniting with their long lost daughter; however the UGC are a bunch of fuckups. Aina and her just coincidentally decided to mod themselves into centaurs. They even kinda look alike due to adjatha's art style.

Ignoring all that floundering and needless writing, would you consider adding a surname to help distinguish the two Ambers?
In my headcannon, she'll always be Aina's long lost sister.

Last edited:

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
We already have so many characters with unique names, it's inevitable that names are going to repeat.

moobere

May 19, 2017
Weh, almost had a heart attack when I read "Slyveren Suckles" on today's backers update because it sounds so much like a Slyveren TF. Can't wait for the public update so I can play with the sneks!
Sorry 2 burst the bubble its not.

Swooced

Feb 18, 2016
Yo out of curiosity, I'm playing version 0.7.206 and I was wondering, does Lund have any fights implemented yet? Or did I tell him to fuck off for no reason?

Damiekinz

Aug 1, 2017
Nobody's commissioned that line for him so unfortunately the latter.
Yo out of curiosity, I'm playing version 0.7.206 and I was wondering, does Lund have any fights implemented yet? Or did I tell him to fuck off for no reason?
Soon™

Reactions: Zavos

Wsan

Scientist
Creator
Jan 8, 2016
you don’t need to please everyone just anyone interested in content
Not really looking to, tbh! If my commissioner is happy I'm happy.

Tangentially related to the character posted, I've always been annoyed by how signpost-y writing has to be. I can never write a character that just sweeps you off your feet and has her way with you. At some point she needs a [bail out] [keep going] choice, and I hate how that feels. A big part of that entire fetish is that the situation is out of your control. That's a big part of why I like writing bad ends (this is not related to the character). You're entirely at someone else's mercy. Other writers have battled the 'system' and met with mixed results and I'm not really looking to die on that hill. In the end I'll just give people the option to give her the boot if they don't like her and that'll be it.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
. Other writers have battled the 'system' and met with mixed results and I'm not really looking to die on that hill.

Fuck tha police, rape futa NOW and FOREVER

flying_moustache

Aug 30, 2015
Tangentially related to the character posted, I've always been annoyed by how signpost-y writing has to be. I can never write a character that just sweeps you off your feet and has her way with you. At some point she needs a [bail out] [keep going] choice, and I hate how that feels. A big part of that entire fetish is that the situation is out of your control. That's a big part of why I like writing bad ends (this is not related to the character). You're entirely at someone else's mercy. Other writers have battled the 'system' and met with mixed results and I'm not really looking to die on that hill. In the end I'll just give people the option to give her the boot if they don't like her and that'll be it.

I feel just the same about that.

Now, I don't consider myself a writer, but both from the viewpoint of a writer AND a reader, I like how its handled in Sera's content (don't know if it was the idea of Nonesuch or Fenoxo, or someone else)

You opt in once out of free will and once your bloody thumbprint dries below that fine-print, the ride won't stop and can't stop. In any and all future scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.