E3 2018

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Well E3 2018 is all but done, are there any games in particular that people are looking forward? Any highlights? Any disappointments?

Personally, I'm excited about the Resident Evil 2 remake and the teaser for Doom Eternal and the Elder Scrolls 6 were early highlights. And that's about it. I mean, I quite liked the trailer for Assassin's Creed Odyssey but I'm not a fan of the franchise

Woefully disappointed in Fallout 76 (due to how while there will be a single player mode, the game is still going to be geared to a multiplayer experience and I'll be honest, I play games to get away from people), Bioware (I reeeeeally can't see them lasting too much longer under EA's control).

Reactions: Foxxling

B.Bill

May 28, 2018
Not Earth
I still think Bethesda's E3 this year was really great. You got Fallout, Elder Scrolls, and Doom!

Other games I'm excited for is, of course, Cyberpunk 2077, The Last of Us 2, and Kingdom Hearts 3 baby!

Ain't gonna touch Fifa.

Reactions: Reptillicus

Glassboy

Sep 6, 2015
Ireland

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
For games with release dates, excited for Kingdom Hearts 3, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Spiderman, Smash, Octopath Traveller and Spyro.

For future games I'm interested in ES6, Starfield, Cyberpunk, The World Ends With You Remake, Last of Us 2, Ghosts of Tsushima and I'm still trying to figure out what the hell is happening in Death Stranding.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
I'm still trying to figure out what the hell is happening in Death Stranding.
Everyone is trying to figure that out.
I think at this stage not even Hideo Kojima knows what is happening in his own game.

Reactions: Reptillicus

A Random Guy

Sep 13, 2015
One of the biggest games I’m looking forward to is Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, I was hoping it would be Bloodborne 2 but the gameplay they showed at E3 looks insane, definitely gonna spend a lotta time on that

I was very disappointed with Sony’s E3 this year but we still got more info on Death Stranding, Spider-Man, and The Last of Us Part 2 so not too shabby.

Bethesda just ended up stealing the whole thing with the announcements of Starfield, Doom: Eternal, and The Elder Scrolls VI, after watching it I had to powerwash my room due to all the jizz I spewed.

Then you got Nintendo out here with nothing on Metroid Prime 4 but plenty on SSB, I love the idea of bringing back every character if not too many new characters are gonna be added, it’s ag great compromise in my opinion, if only one more character can be added I hope it would be Banjo-Kazzoie since it was one of the first games I ever played.

I didn’t watch Microsoft’s E3 stream because I don’t own an Xbox and I didn’t watch EA’s because it’s EA.

In short E3 was pretty good this year, with very little disappointments!

Slab Bulkhead

Creator
Oct 10, 2015
E3 usually has me saying "whatever" because I'm pretty damn picky about what I play, but there were some things this year that got my interest. Cyberpunk 2077 is the big one for me. Not sure if I'll get it, because I suck at FPS stuff, but if I can hack and charm and sneak my way through conflicts instead of just shooting shit, then I'll have a good time. :D So I'm keeping an eye on it.

And I don't know what's going on in this game, but if I can decorate a house and make funny creatures do dance battles, it's worth a look:

Reactions: Glassboy

Ch0w

Apr 12, 2017
DftdmR0W4AEuykG.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Slab Bulkhead

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
Since Mass Effect: Andromeda was tossed into the cryostasis chamber until thawed for a mobile game like a true EA Tradition for every studio, I was hoping Anthem was going to be this gigantic world with open space to explore and fight legendary creatures with a creative UI similar to Dead Space or some other hands-free approach. But now looking at the gameplay, I was distraught but not surprised. It took two studios to merge and dissolving one into a barrel of sulfuric acid to make this game and it looks like a Destiny clone given the style of movement that i've seen in trailers and little gameplay that we've probably seen dozens of times by now.

When Cyberpunk 2077 was announced, I was blown out the way Mercenaries 2: World in Flames style! It looked so good and beautifully crafted to be breathtaking that it looks like a single player game I would have imagined what could have been a call to the days of ye old'n days when games were complete and fully tested before sold to customers. But i'm just being nostalgic since i miss those experiences the most, Microtransactions are now starting to become obsolete as companies start developing A.I algorithms to detect and tailor your habits into your games (courtesy of Activision's patent on the damn thing). The teaser was quite literally a cocktease compared to the dynamic presentation at the end of the conference, screen on stage getting hacked and the trailer gets played; genius choice of presentation! I really want this game but i want it when they're ready because the pressure is on now that we have some actual substance after the few years since the teaser.

Fallout 76, I would be pleasantly surprised if it was a single player game which to some who don't know, always get released in a set pattern between development time and the actual release at launch, but here ... we got something different? I'm burned out from the Elder Scrolls Online which i had enough crap to deal with then than i do now after hearing "Godd" Howard try to explain his vision to an audience that's just as confused as (and I qoute) "an online service with dedicated servers used to hold up to 24-32 players with seamless transitions between servers that won't affect player progression and base with a solo mode but will still have the ability to view other playable characters present on the server." Then tosses in a few internally developed mods and private servers, add that nauseating ESO style of transactions. I'm glad they have a BETA but how strong is the support for this game really going to be? Come November, we'll have our answer hopefully before the launch with review copies out.

budha

Dec 6, 2015
Ch0w and Grimoire
Your descriptions of Cyberpunk 2077 , my interest of the game went from not for me to very interested.

Fallout 76 went from oh. Nice game to what are you talking about? Nice small servers, to seamless transitions with taking your base with you to other servers?

And then Starfield, the promised no man's sky with full rpg elements.

flying_moustache

Aug 30, 2015
Cyberpunk 2077, possibly Sekiro, Yakuza 0 for PC (Oh yeah, baby! Hopefully the remakes will follow.), Smash Bros. and Anthem for me.

First and foremost, I am hyped for Cyberpunk even though it will still be a long while before we will be able to play it. It hits all my nerves EXCEPT for the "fully voiced" part. The memories of Fallout 4 are still fresh in my mind, about how much I would have preferred a silent protagonist to the one I got.

Klaptrap

Aug 27, 2015
Anthem and Cyberpunk 2077 look a little bit too uncertain for me to say anything either way. Hopefully they'll be great, but...

I'm actually most excited about Spider-Man. I still like the Batman Arkham Asylum style combat (there ought to be a better name) and it seems like they're in a good enough spot that they're not afraid to show off. Good game, maybe not GOTY but will probably exceed expectations.

Also Star Citizen wins the "biggest wet fart" award. Why hasn't this shitshow collapsed yet?

Ch0w

Apr 12, 2017
i mean, knowing that they had Cyberpunk as a project since they were still working on Witcher 2 baffles me a lot.
CD PROJECT grew a lot doing the Witcher Series, Its hard not to get excited about it, even more than KH3 which also looks amazing.

I'm looking up to SPIDERMAN too, but it felt a lot of times too much like a BATMAN arkhan game to me.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
i mean, knowing that they had Cyberpunk as a project since they were still working on Witcher 2 baffles me a lot.

Some games just have a long production process. Dragon Age Origins was announced at E3 2004 and released in 2009, but there was some hints that production started in 2001. Often if its a small studio, its going to be one or two people working on one game while the rest of the studio is finishing another game.

Ch0w

Apr 12, 2017
Some games just have a long production process. Dragon Age Origins was announced at E3 2004 and released in 2009, but there was some hints that production started in 2001. Often if its a small studio, its going to be one or two people working on one game while the rest of the studio is finishing another game.
in case of dragon age origins i feel that it was delayed so much due both console generation changes and new/updated game engine
witcher 2 was released in 2011, if they were already working on Cyberpunk while doing witcher 2, it would actually be also over a 10 year old project

but what i truly meant with that statement is that...
if they've been working for so long time on a project like that, while comparing to how their previous games grew so much in both scale and quality, it's quite hard and impossible to expect it to be bad

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
in case of dragon age origins i feel that it was delayed so much due both console generation changes and new/updated game engine
witcher 2 was released in 2011, if they were already working on Cyberpunk while doing witcher 2, it would actually be also over a 10 year old project

but what i truly meant with that statement is that...
if they've been working for so long time on a project like that, while comparing to how their previous games grew so much in both scale and quality, it's quite hard and impossible to expect it to be bad

I'd say the opposite. After about 10 years in development, a lot of these bigger games really start to show how long it's been since they were started. The writing tends to be dated, graphics quality is frequently low due to the game being designed for older consoles, some parts are left unfinished because they were forgotten or the team burned out while working on it, etc. It's not guaranteed to be bad, but I'd strongly recommend waiting a little to see what people say about it before deciding to buy.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Its a double edged sword, having a long production time. For every Morrowind, there's a Duke Nukem Forever. For every Fallout 3, there's a Too Human. Oftentimes its the hype that does the game in, we build up the idea that the game is going to be awesome, that its going to have this and its going to have that and we're going to have all this cool stuff. And then...we don't.

Now, I'm not saying that CD Projekt Red are going to do this with Cyberpunk 2077, but previous experience has taught me to temper excitement with caution. Cyberpunk 2077 is probably going to be an awesome game, but we need to be a little careful that we don't put that bar too high.