Favourite WH40K Faction & General Discussion

What is your favourite WH40K faction?

• Total voters

Thebiologist

Jun 24, 2017
Tau, because space communism is the way to go.

Hammer_and_sickle_huge.png

Aug 13, 2017
Sweet, might have to grab Total War at some point then. Really enjoyed Total War: Shogun back in the Day and love me some Warhammer.

Thebiologist

Jun 24, 2017
If you want to play the classic warhammer 40k game but don't have money for the miniatures or just not enough friends playing it, you can grab a copy of tabletop simulator on steam. In the workshop you can download a ton of 40k figurines as well as the spin-off games.

Aug 13, 2017
Kind of a nifty idea, to bad I love miniatures so damn much. Spent ass tons of money on Warhammer, D&D, Kingdom Death, etc. Hell I don't even get a chance to play anymore but I still try to keep up with the rules and buy any cool new miniatures I see. Need to try getting to my local GW store more often to play.

CoffeeMania

Oct 25, 2017
Colorado
Imperial Guard, first warhammer game I ever played was winter assault and I loved em from there to retribution. Sure, they can get torn up by most anyone in the beginning. But if you let them build up they can steam roll most everything, at least in the games. Haven't branched into the books just yet.

Reactions: Irrlicht

Paimon

Jan 28, 2018
Guard got me into the game, but fire wielding space paladins kept me there. I like the idea of a normal human vs. the worst the galaxy has to offer. Also the 20' range on the Basilisk still amuses me to no end. I'm sad to see templates go, since this nerfs said Basilisks, and the flamer Seraphim that were staples up until 8th. If I had to pick an Order, I'd go with Argent Shroud, though my own sisters are protestants who view the Mechanicus as heretics (mostly so that I can excuse my non STC TGG2 minis).

Ishmael89

May 19, 2018
I am a guard player. I love the idea behind them, just average people standing and holding the line. The vast different regiments the ability to build your own regiment and explain any lore away with, "Yeah. Well on MY world people are smart. And they all wear their Throne forsaken helmets." I enjoy the look of horror when i show up to a "small" game and drop so many guard that my opponent asks themselves if they kill a guard with each shot is that enough to kill my army. Hint. The answer is NO.

As for why I prefer Guard to any other Imperium. Well Guant's Ghosts played a big part of it. But I dislike space marines, I find them boring. And when I got started the Mechanicus weren't out yet. Inquisition and Sisters are just a little to crazy for me. My Officers are pragmatic enough to do what is needed to fight the true enemies of the Imperium. Work with the Tau to kill Necrons and their "god," damn right skippy. Work with the Eldar to hunt down orks and nids. Done. My guard care about results not who we are fighting with. Also ... Space Marines are mutants. They are no longer human.

Reactions: Irrlicht

Dark67titan

Mar 26, 2016
also can some one please tell me why warhammer 40k inquisitor martyr has been removed from the xbox live store?

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Possibly delayed or they're getting ready for the special edition.

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
Chaos. Everyone is evil, might as well join up with the group that owns it. And I can totally see where most of the fallen Primarchs are coming from. Poor, poor Fulgrim.

I would've said Dark Eldar, but considering the only character I like from them is Lelith Hesperax... that's just not enough to carry a faction.