how to play offlline version

treos

Sep 12, 2015
i just downloaded this version to check it out and have no idea how to get it working.

NEET-Hime

Aug 27, 2015
From what i experienced the offline version still needs a browser, open it in Firefox, Chrome, or what ever browser you use. Keep in mind the save function is crap offline, save as a txt if anything.

(...Smile resist urge to kill the pony, Touhou blood  boiling.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Shido

Aug 28, 2015
i just downloaded this version to check it out and have no idea how to get it working.

I the best browser I have used to play the game is Firefox as I haven't had any issue with saving or editing saves what so ever. You can still lose the saves if you clear your cache and cookies. So using save to .txt will be the safest bet to ensure your saves are kept the way you want them as suggested by NEET.

treos

Sep 12, 2015
"(...Smile resist urge to kill the pony, Touhou blood  boiling.)"

that is something i'd expect to hear from a stupid youtube troll, just so you know. it's pretty pathetic imo to go and attack someone just because they happen to use something they like  as they're avatar pic. then again, at least you're not spewing random insults/mindless ignorance/hate at me for my choice of avatar like youtube trolls would.

also, wth is wrong with the italics and similar functions here? i tried typing "just" in italics only for the function to get stuck and try to make everything i typed after that italics as well. wound up having to type that all out THEN go back, highlight the word THEN set the word in italics (aka waste time doing a roundabout way of what should have been 2-3 mouse clicks instead).

(i already don't think i like that quote feature much here. :/ same for the stupid double spacing when you hit enter)

as for the topic here, guess i'll just stick with the online version for now then as i don't really know how touse those javascript files (hence the thread).

NEET-Hime

Aug 27, 2015
OMK! I'm so sorry it was a joke. I didn't think you would take it seriously.

You know its the whole Touhou v MLP schism.

Wow I feel real bad about this.

medium.jpg

We're so much alike...♥

Shido

Aug 28, 2015
as for the topic here, guess i'll just stick with the online version for now then as i don't really know how touse those javascript files (hence the thread).
Step 1: Download the offline file.

Step 2: Extract the files

Step 3. Open parent folder, Where ever you put the folder itself.

Step 4. Right click FoE.html *the non javascript version) Go to open with.

Step 5. Use the browser of your choice.

Hope this helps better.

Last edited by a moderator:

treos

Sep 12, 2015
alright, ty, and this may also prove helpful to anyone else wanting to try the offline mode (partly why i titled this thread like i did).

NEET-Hime

Aug 27, 2015
Step 1: Download the offline file.

Step 2: Extract the files

Step 3. Open parent folder, Where ever you put the folder itself.

Step 4. Right click FoE.html *the non javascript version) Go to open with.

Step 5. Use the browser of your choice.

Hope this helps better.

Sure, simplify it.

Nov 2, 2017
Where would we find these "files"? I understand the rest of the extraction part. Just where are FoE files to download?