Rouges (Criticism welcome)

Violent_Peace

Sep 16, 2015
Know Your Enemy

The moment the Announcement was over, I called Yan, he use to be a member of their military and probably could give me info on how the Halions could affect future jobs, the both of us had to wait a while before he showed up and sat down across from us. The big guy leaned forwards and started talking.
"I heard the announcement earlier at the gym the general in charge of this sector will end up forcibly removing the P.Ks, then replace them with their own. The soldiers that will end up on the streets will be a mix of Halions, Ausar, Rask, and Askoii."

"Askwhoo?" Ash tried to repeat the word.

"Askoii." He corrected." They were the first race my people came in contact with, they assumed my people were humans at first, but after learning their language and protecting their people from pirates, both our race and theirs saw eye to eye."

"So they are the big horned people with the gray skin." I wanted to cut the big guy off before he would go on about his people's "Rich history of bloodshed."

" Yeah, they are." He confirmed." They have two fingers and a thumb on their hand, the women of their race are pretty fast runners, while the men are just like Halions, big tough and sometimes just dumb. They have these black nails on their fingers that look almost like claws, they sometimes use their horns to gore people, and yes they do lift people up off the ground with their horns after goring them through the gut or chest."
I held up my hands after he spoke about their physiology." I don't need to know about the people, just what we might have to go up against when we get some work."

The Halion scanned the restaurant with his black and blue eyes he ran a hand through his blonde hair and leaned back into the booth before looking back at us." I know how you don't like me repeating myself, we wait for everyone else, and then I'll tell everyone." I agreed with the big alien guy.

I Jumped in front of the growing line of people getting a bunch of people yelling at me and some even swearing at me before I got to Ven I told the ausar to take the graveyard shift so we all could talk about something. The dog woman fought her urge to leap across the counter to tear me apart like some rabid dog and took a moment to recollect herself then put on a welcoming smile." Welcome Mcburger world sir, how may I take your order?"

Taking that as a yes, I went back over to Yan and Ash, the big guy began telling us about the tall gray Ox people. The guy went on and on about their mannerism, culture, and physiology. While he spoke, I began to wonder how many aliens did I know in our galaxy and if they were modded or not."But most of all, they hate gene modification, the Askoii believe it's best to be yourself and not striving to remove what made you, you."

While the two of us almost struggled to hear the rest, nightfall came quick and soon the others were showing up. The moment Bates showed up, Ven made sure to lock her co-workers in the break room, when Ash asked if they would be okay Ven blew her off saying."They'll be fine, most of the time they are in the back fucking because Tiffany had to get Treated."

Yan slammed his hand on the table." Listen up, with this new change of the Hallion forces swooping in we're gonna be fighting a force a stronger than the usual Peacekeepers."

The guy took a moment before he started going over the Hallions." Okay when it comes down to off-world peacekeeping or law enforcement, there will be a couple types we will encounter during our contracts in the future on this planet."

"Okay, number one the grunts or rather frontline forces, they are mostly medium to lightly armored units that will carry rifles, and use omnidirectional mobility packs to keep up with criminals." He put up a second finger and before he could speak Noi tried to repeat the last couple words.

"Omi...Oni...Obi."

"Omnidirectional mobility packs." He corrected her." They are similar to jetpacks, but blast pressurized air and combined with grappling hooks make them almost impossible to escape from."

"Next is the standard shield unit, nothing much about them besides they carry shields. Third are the combat medic unit, they usually don't see the combat part and take wounded from the front lines to a place of safety while armed."

"Sounds like a normal S.W.A.T Peacekeeping unit with extra gear." Ven interrupted.

"I'm not finished. We also have Capture units, members that use non-lethal weapons similar to Rangers they mount arch casters to lasers set to stun or guns firing rubber bullets. Next, there are mech units operated by mostly Ausar."

I looked at the big guy and asked him if there was any more to them.

"We may be fighting these guys with the same tactics as the old police, but these guys will be... Better."

"I don't care how better these guys think they are." Bates lit up a cigarette." If they get in my way or if I find a reason to, I'll put them down like anyone else in my way."

I grabbed my chin and leaned back in the booth, even with the info given to me I wanted, no, I needed a little more, I needed to see how they would respond to robberies, but I didn't want to risk getting into a fight I couldn't handle or we couldn't handle.

Violent_Peace

Sep 16, 2015
Red Rock

After the last night meeting, I ended up passing out on the couch in the hideout face down in a pillow with Ash's snoring as my white noise. The moment I woke up, I went to check the darknet contracts, but the only thing I got was an empty folder I got up from my computer and headed for the shower, but when the contract notification bloorp sounded off, I quickly checked back with the contract. The moment I clicked on it, what seemed like thousands of pictures of mushrooms appeared instead of the usual audio file and text I skipped ahead hundred or so photos and the first picture I saw was a picture of what looked like a Myr soldier, but they had fungus growing out of their head.

While I scrolled through more pictures of more Myrmedions, I only continued to wonder what this fungus was and soon my questions of this fungus were about to be answered. A second bloorp popped up with another contract, probably someone who doesn't know how to use the darknet, the folder had a video attachment, I clicked the play button on it and leaned back as I watched footage from a body camera of someone holding a black light rifle. The man was rushing down a hallway filled with spores and taking a moment to look behind him he reached a door vacant of the fungus growing off the walls and hit a button with a closed fist before a screeching sound erupted behind him, the guy began firing at the darkness behind him before backing into the room he was heading for.

The video jumped ahead with the man inside of an elevator, one similar to the great one that takes people to Gildenmere; once the doors opened up to the surface, instead of seeing the usual DMZ, the doors opened to a small base with several small structures no higher than one story. The man with the body cam sighed before taking a step and made a crunch sound down at boot and robotic foot there was a half crushed mushroom, then a massive monster with heavy footfalls rounded a corner to face the guy.

The video then stopped before anything else could happen, I searched the rest of the file and found a set of coordinates when Ash stumbled into my doorway."Gaz if you're taking me to the gym again today then you're taking me to breakfast first." She tried to bargain with me then spotted my computer and the video." What's that a video game?"

"No some weird video I got in the darknet contracts, they gave coordinates to somewhere on Myrellion, I'm not sure what is in store for us, but it doesn't look like a cakewalk."

Before I knew it, there was a third message from this guy and done the right way. The guy wrote up something talking about an outbreak or something in the file briefly, then went on about how the J.A.F pulled out of the area leaving him and some Dr. Quinn behind to die, finally, he wrote that he needs people to help him get back into the under base before the U.G.C thinks about glassing the surface.

"So Gaz we're taking this one right?" Ash hit me with the question.

A lot of me wanted to tell Ash "Hell no, we're not doing that." But telling Ash that her planet was gonna be fucked over by killer mushrooms was a dickish thing for me to tell her."Well, if this guy knows of a way to stop this, then I guess we can play hero for once."

I called in the crew to the hideout and explained to them what was happening and what we're going to do.

"So let me get this straight, all of us are going to bug planet."

"That bug planet has a name Vennashire." Ash interrupted.

"Right, Myrellion, we are heading there to fight infected myr and preventing the U.G.C or J.A.F from nuking everything?" Ven repeated most of what I said.

I tightened my bulletproof vest and nodded."Yeah, I thought I cleared that up when I said it the first time."

"Okay, if you don't mind, I'll be staying on the ship for this contract then and work the info link, like always."

"Cowardly dog!" I yelled at her while she started speed walking for the ship.

Bates standing next to the door shook his head at the contract." I'm not joining you on this one." He told us and before I could ask he explained it." I have around forty-seven hours, to kill my target if I miss my window, then he will be next to impossible to find again."

"Just don't get yourself killed out there bud," Yan called out to him

Once Bates was gone we were missing a person and needed a slot to fill, sadly I couldn't call upon Akira, but then someone else came to my mind. We swung by the hospital and rushed to her room, nearly breaking down the door to their room, I burst into Rika's room while she was fiddling with something on her bed, she was still mummified and wearing a patients gown.

It didn't take much convincing to get Rika to join the team, once we hit the warp gate, and after I almost slammed us all into the ass end of a cargo freighter, I put the coordinates from the contract in, then sat back as we began to cruise to where ever it was taking us.

Violent_Peace

Sep 16, 2015
Outbreak

The situation on the Myrellion outpost was worst than I expected from the air, we were lucky the myr biplanes didn't show up as we closed in on the fungus covered outpost. The Outpost was just as small as I expected, several lanky buildings covered in a strange thick fungus growing off the outpost's walls, several pacts of what looked like red and golden myr shuffle stepped together bumping into each other and the buildings.

" What is this?" I felt Ash' hand land on the back of my chair before she pulled herself closer to the windows of the ship." This doesn't look like any fungus I've seen before."

When we entered the airspace of the outpost a massive monster, probably the same one from the contract video, rounded a corner looking pissed off before making eye contact with us. Getting a better look at the beast, it's body was composed of mostly myr corpses with the fungus acting as a form of glue, its fingers were composed of a number of chitinous arms, its head a mangled set of mutilated bodies broken in half at the hip and its teeth made of the rib cages snapped to be sharp enough to eat its prey and ensure that their deaths are painful, from what I could see of its torso it was mostly fungus and gold myr glowing teat flesh, unlike the rest of its body its legs were thick stubs made of the fungus.

As we gawked at the abomination constructed out of Ash's people, the monster raised a piece of rubble over its head and flung it in our direction. I did my best to dodge it, but the debris clipped one of our engines and setting off alarms." Damn it! " Yan and I yelled.

The Ship began spinning out with the control unresponsive Yan nearly smashed the intercom button with his massive fist before telling everyone on board." Brace for Impact! "

I pulled back on the controls trying to level us out and regain control before we landed on the roof of a building and smashed what looked like the cap of a mushroom its gunk splatted on the front windows blocking all view as we drifted across the rooftop just stopping before the ledge from what I could guess. I laid back in my chair sighing and looking over to Yan." So you mind hitting those wipers for me?"

The bulky alien thumbed a button for the wipers before my suspicions of us being on the ledge were confirmed, we had a good view of everything in the outpost from our new parking spot. The monster was even in sight, but its attention was off us and onto something else a survivor armed with only a knife was taking the thing on by himself taking swings at it before hopping away.

"Survivor spotted!" Yan called out.

" Yeah, I see'em too big guy. Turn on the targeting computer."

The muscular alien turned to a different computer, just arms reach away from him and took up the controls for the main cannon." Alright, I have the target in sight when ready."

"Atomic batteries to power, turbines to speed, I have no clue what the broken button does, but I'm still pressing it. "

" Roger. " He fired the front cannon blasting a superheated hole into the monster's chest." First shot confirmed hit." He followed up with a second shot to its head vaporizing everything on its fungal encrusted shoulders. " Second shot is a confirmed hit, target neutralized."

The two of us high fived before I spun around to see Ash laying upsidedown with her ankles on both sides of her head." Hey, Chubs you still alive?" I asked the red Myr." You know you don't look that bad in that position."

"Fuck. You. Gaz" She told me slowly.

"Not right now, after this contract."

She groaned before flipping herself right side up I slapped the intercom button."Anyone not dead after that crash get over to the common area so we can come up with a plan."

"Gaz" Yan pulled my attention away from the intercom." That survivor is gonna need a hand getting up here."

I took a moment sucking my teeth before taking my hand off the button." Well, Yan go grab a weapon, some rope and get down there we'll wait for your ass to bring them back."

Ash and I left him groaning as we went to the common area. Everything was trashed and tossed around, I picked up the table and set it back up between the two circular couches before putting my feet up on the table with Ash sitting next to me reclining. Everyone else slowly joined us taking up a place next to the table as Yan returned with a tactical spade in hand behind him was the survivor of this mess.

They were a combat medic with drab-colored gear and a mask to cover their face, across each piece of their armor they had a logo of a medical plus with paired wings surrounding the logo. They looked directly at me with tired eyes asking." You the rescue team?"

I took my feet down and pressed my knuckles into the table saying." No genius, I'm the guy here to kick your ass for not knowing how to use darknet!"

" Oh funny, now that we're past the funny crap maybe we can focus on the task at hand."

Yan threw his spade on the table and sighed." He's not joking Gaz those Myrmedions out there are feral, that beast wasn't the only thing that was plaguing this outpost."

The combat medic took his helmet off saying." No shit Sherlock." He put his helmet on the table before putting his white-gloved hands on the table." Now listen up, I don't know any of you, but this here is serious business. Under the outpost here I and doctor Zackary uncovered a fungus from an abandoned section of caves that we should've left alone." He looked around at everyone.

" We thought at first it could be something we could control, something we could make into a genemod and sell off to Xenogen or even to Steele Tech if they wanted such a thing. But Zackary got some itch as she always does and then came the testing, and the groups of reds volunteering to inhale these spores to get some result She wanted."

" So she's a Quack," Ven spoke up.

" No no, she's a genius in her field, not well known, but a genius when it comes to genetics. If anything she's probably the only one who can stop all of this, we must handle this before the J.A.F catches wind of the spores and chooses to quarantine the planet."

" Wait, but wouldn't that be a good thing?" Ven asked." They could take care of the situation better and have soldiers come in on the ground."

The combat medic waved his hand." No, if they were to see what it does to myr they would purposely spread it to the main cities and claim the planet inhospitable, they already hate the war going on with the two main races and this would be just the excuse to evact, nuke, and move on." He looked Ven in the eye." Trust me I've been forced by other Governments to do much worse."

I retook my position with my feet up and hands behind my head." Shit, never thought we'd get a contract like this, doc you better have a stack of credits hidden under that outpost somewhere, because I don't put my team at risk for nothing."

He slammed his fist into my table hard enough to make the shovel fall over." Credits!"

I nodded."Yes money, cold hard cash."

He looked away before looking back to me." Damned mercs wanting nothing but money nowadays, no better than pirates, don't you see that an entire race could be wiped away with this virus?" He pointed to Ash." What about your Myr friend there? What do you think she thinks about you doing this for money."

I looked over to Ash leaning on the food replicator." I've spilled enough blood for my people and fought for what felt like centuries." She told him before taking off her armored helmet and staring at him with her black eyes." But I'd rather not see them wiped out by this fungus. We'll get paid as usual don't try to get out of it by asking me to do this "For my people." Because I've done enough for them."

Last edited:

Bawdy Ink Slinger

Jun 2, 2017
The sun shined brightly in the sky and the day looked like the greatest despite how bad the weather was the past couple days

This sentence irked me right from the start. "The day looked like the greatest" sounds incomplete, like you forgot to put a word after greatest. Then you use the word day twice in the same sentence as you can see at the end of the quote.

Seeing as I found two things that rubbed me the wrong way before I even finished the first sentence, I stopped there.

I hope this doesn't sound mean. I'm trying to give constructive criticism.

Reactions: Violent_Peace

Violent_Peace

Sep 16, 2015
This sentence irked me right from the start. "The day looked like the greatest" sounds incomplete, like you forgot to put a word after greatest. Then you use the word day twice in the same sentence as you can see at the end of the quote.

Seeing as I found two things that rubbed me the wrong way before I even finished the first sentence, I stopped there.

I hope this doesn't sound mean. I'm trying to give constructive criticism.

Oh no, it's not mean, thank you for telling me.

Reactions: Bawdy Ink Slinger

Violent_Peace

Sep 16, 2015
The first circle

Once Ash gave her answer, I stared at the doctor giving him one the most intensive stares I've given to anyone before, while I was looking cool locking eyes with the combat medic, I was really trying to form up a plan to do all this without getting my brains eaten by those myr women down below, if they even ate human brains; after coming up with something I put my feet down and stood up, I pointed to Ash first."Ash you're gonna play defense on board the ship, I can't have you going down there with us and risk you getting eaten or ripped apart by those Myr. I also can't risk you getting infected and eating Ven's brains like your third lunch."

"Hey!" The blue haired dog woman yelled."I'm sitting right here!"

"Yeah so what?" I asked

"Ass."

I then turned my attention over to Ven now," Vennashire, you're gonna keep the engines warm for us just in case we gotta run off and escape fast." The Ausar let out a sigh of relief before I continued." Also it's because your a big pussy when it comes to insects and anything that has chitin and more than 2 legs." Her face twisted from relived to anger before she could yell at me I pulled on one of her wolf-like ears to shut her up and got a bit more serious." Go over the start up process with Yan a couple times and memorize it correctly so we don't take off only to nose dive into something."

Ven nodded before I pointed to Rika, before I could say anything Rika already had some form of a plan or idea of what I wanted her to do, the mummy girl had sat herself on the floor surrounded by a number of homemade molotovs." Rika I-" She cut me off by putting a bandaged hand up and playing her tape recorder." Crowd control. To first control the star ship, one must first use the proper start up sequence." She pressed the stop button. I thought about it and figured we would need the outside cleared when we got back outside and agreed with the little pyro."Y-Yeah roast a shit ton of them Mummy."

I spun around to Yan pointing at him with both hands."Yan get use to that shovel and grab your boomstick, you're coming with us and killing some of those deadites."The subhuman man sighed and rolled his eyes." Gaz this isn't some ancient b rated movie, we fuck this up, we're all dead and I don't know." He shrugged.

I got serious and looked him in the eye." Yan, you are the only one who've fought these things besides the good doctor here."I motioned my head in their direction, I pulled him in close to me and whispered." Plus, I don't see these guys as extra lives to a House of Zed videogame man, I really want to make sure we all get the hell out of here together. Also this is a bit more honorable than robbing a bank." Yan looked down at me and gave me a nod, he didn't want to go back out there, but he was willing to do it.

Once most of the others had an idea of what they were doing, Noi nearly jumped on me asking me what she could do even giving me a salute as her roller blades struggled to stay still on the floor plates, gave it some thought before snapping my fingers." Easy, you're coming with us and keeping the doc safe, if it comes to it Noi bite'em, we can always get another crazy cat girl from a pirate group." She spun up her saw ready with an excited grin.

The saw almost gave me the idea of replacing my hand with it and taking it from Noi, but seeing how she's gotten attached to the thing it would almost be a sin to do it, plus it would probably cramp my style walking around with a saw for a hand. With my little dream team together, I figured we could do this, or die horribly trying to do this and have the planet risk being nuked, yeah no pressure no pressure at all.

Before we opened up the cargo bay to get into this mess, I asked the combat doctor if the we could get infected, excluding Ash from the group." Well from what I know, it won't infect us, or has enough time to adapt to infect us, yet. I wouldn't suggest eating the mushrooms we find down there could have...Side effects."

"So, don't eat anything." I looked at Noi.

Before I hit the cargo bay doors, Ash tried running to catch up to us and put her hand on my shoulder huffing and puffing."Gaz take this." she handed me her old revolver and tried to tell me something but it was hard to under stand her with all the huffing and puffing she was doing. The red Myr took a knee trying to catch her breath before we opened the cargo bay doors. I looked at the revolver Ash gave me, it looked like a real hand cannon unlike those other revolvers that I've seen on Myrellion, I spun it around my trigger finger catching the handle in my palm and looking down it's iron sights." Damn, you might not get this back Ash." I shoved the gun into the back of my pants before we started heading down.

When our feet hit the metal plating of the ground, it was like a dinner bell, groups started to coming towards our position, Rika acted quick igniting and throwing her molotovs at the groups setting them on fire before they could get close. The smell of roasting Myr filled my nose and nearly made me gag, it was an indescribable smell, actually, it was something close to having a bowl of bugs on fire along with a pot of flesh, I nearly puked from it but held off the urge when a couple of them stumbled through the flames.

I pulled out Ash's revolver and kept it at the hip squeezing the trigger as I eyeballed my shot, when I fired my first shot I twisted my elbow best I could as my shot connected with a Myr and half the zombie soldier's head exploded; I began thinking to myself that this is kinda like house of the Zed right now, one shot to the head and nearly their whole head explodes. But before I could yell about it to Yan, the combat medic grabbed my shoulder and fired on a couple more of the red and gold Myr dropping them and pulling me with him to the main building.

When we got to the doors, I ordered Noi to cut'em open as Rika began using her molotovs and flamethrower to roast the Myr, she broke away from us and started climbing up on several of the Mushrooms catching their attention."Rika has the horde's attention, we gotta be quick so she doesn't run out of fuel."I told the others before the door broke down in on it's self.

Suddenly gunfire came from above down on the horde, it was Ash gunning down most of the other Myr I could see her light machine gun spraying down on them, she then stopped and with her barrel going hot red and reloading. The Rest of us headed inside where more fungus was growing off the walls and some of the corpses strewn about the main hall and front desk. The atrium inside this place was massive with mushroom caps lining most of the ivory walls and floor, bodies of humans, Ausar, and a couple lizard people were thrown over the front desk attached to the walls and I think there was an Ausar arm attached to the ceiling; how these fuckers attached one of the dog people to the ceiling made me wonder if the bothric were.

Soon my thoughts were answered, by the elevator at the other end of the hall there was a Quadomme botheric covered in the shit colored fungus, making a clicking noise with their mouth. All of us dived for the front desk taking cover behind it, I glared at the combat medic." What the hell man? I thought you said."

"I never said anything about the Bothrioc, they were contained along with the Quadomme, they joined of their own free will." He tried to cover for himself.

Yan looked over the desk before sharing his own thoughts."The more I hear about all of this, the more I hate about all of this."

"Same Bud." I agreed.

"Listen we did this in the name of science and furthering the races on this planet, don't judge me because of this outbreak" He tried to defend himself.

" I think it's blind we could walk right by it if we're quiet enough, or lure it away from the elevator." Yan explained.

" Throw'em the doc." I suggested." They'd be more pissed off at him than they would be at us."

" Your crew mate was right, you are an ass."

I chuckled before pulling out a one of my hammer pistol clips, I thumbed out one of bullets and flicked it over the desk, when I heard it land and the sound of the Quadomme's feet across the floor I wave the others to follow me as I crawled along the floor heading towards the elevator. I felt a bit more relived when we made it to the elevator but when I hit the button for it and the machine dinged to alert the Quadomme I groaned as it shrieked at us.

"Shit's really dim sometime."

Last edited:

Violent_Peace

Sep 16, 2015
Second Circle

I pulled out the hand cannon, and fired off a shot at the big Quadome bitch, lopping off one of her upper arms making her let out a loud ear piercing screech that even made me cover my ears. Before we knew it I had made the problem even worst, down one of the hallways I spotted a ton of red and gold myr shuffling towards me and the Quadome, I fired at the horde before I decided to run towards the Quadome and slide under her before she could attempt to claw at me with her mangled mushroom hands." One Damn it! I just made this shit worst." I leaped over the greeter's desk before the horde rounded the corner and laid eyes on us.

"Everyone! Focus fire on the group." Yan ordered us.

All of us fired on the horde spraying our bullets into the former Myrmedions; I counted my shots with the hand cannon as the zed wall crept closer through the wave of bullets, I shot two through the head before firing at one's waist and ripping them in half and blew one more's head into nothing before one red got close enough to nearly grab me. I put my foot up on the former female soldier's chest and pointed the revolver in their face, then click, I quickly reached for my hammer pistol but once I pulled it out my holster a chitin covered hand slapped it to the floor.

I panicked when the infected myr disarmed me and I felt their hand on my leg." Yan a hand!" I cried out.

" Not right now." He grumbled back to me.

I couldn't take my eyes off the infected myr as one of her arms flailed while the other tightened it's grip around my ankle, my eyes darted around her skinny form before noticing the double barrel shotgun attached to her chest. I went straight for it feeling as if I'd lose my other hand, but acting quick I pulled the shotgun right out the holster and shoved the barrel right into the zed's mouth and with with the pull of it's trigger I was partially painted with fungi and myr blood.

While the others were fighting, I looked over the shottie quickly, it had several engravings and tally marks on the ass, I checked the barrel for ammo seeing one more shot and my sights were set on the Quadome, and with this I figured I could take the alien down before she could call in more back up.

Once the horde was dead, well dead again, Yan threw me a shell before I rushed past the stragglers and jumped off an infected myr that fell over. I got to the Quadome's height with the shotgun and aimed for her head firing both shells making a mess of what was once her face, the second I landed and the Domm fell over lifeless. I turned to see the others finish off the last myr zed I cracked a smile." Groovy."

The second the lobby was cleared, the elevator opened up for us and made me pissed off, like it was waiting for us to finish up before opening for a cool escape.

I sighed as we all stepped into the elevator, while the combat doctor's white glove met with the button for where we were heading, Yan asked the man a question." Doc, how were the first couple hours of all this? How did you survive all of it?"

There was a bit of a long silence as if the man was taking his time to formulate the words to respond." I-I honestly don't know, maybe will to survive, or training, something kept me going, maybe the hope that it wasn't all over?" He told Yan.

" As for the first hours, it was like something you'd see out of a movie, one of the subjects breached containment and mutated, it leaped on one scientist then there were two, then three, then six, nine and..."

While he was lost to his newly found ptsd, I found myself thinking back to someone I haven't thought about in what felt like a decade, my mother. I started to remember her face, her silvery-white hair just like mines, and how the two of us were different from everyone around us, how people treated us differently, and how she taught me not to be a pussy. Suddenly the feeling Of Yan's arm on my shoulder brought me back to the present and the ding of the elevator got my heart thumping.

"Let's rock guys!" The second the doors opened, I didn't hesitate to shoot the first zombie Myr shuffling in the hallway, all of the other mushroom infected started ripping themselves from walls and ceiling before crawling and nearly climbing over each other to get to us; we unleashed a hail of our bullets tearing them apart and killing a good amount of them."Go!" Yan yelled from behind me.

I charged out and with the others behind me, passing by clusters of a putrid looking fungus growing from the corpses of dead scientist and on the walls; The second we stopped at an intersection, I looked to the doctor asking for directions, he hesitated again thinking about where they were before we all heard a screech from something strange in the shadows. I turned to my left pointing Ash's handcannon into the darkness before the strange yellow glow of a hunched over creature illuminated the shade and revealed it's form.

It was a strange chimera with oddly shaped clawed hands, the parts of it I could recognize were a pair of Zil wings and a stinger, and what looked like an over sized Nyrean ovi-cock, along it's back were several dozen yellow glowing mushrooms drawing my eye. The strange monster leaped at me with it's wings buzzing loud enough to nearly make my ears bleed, I grit my teeth and fired off a shot at the chimera when it got close enough to stick several of it's tongues out at me.

The very moment the bullet broke the thing's skin, it exploded like a some kind of firework or a small hand grenade, I felt myself lose all balance and be sent flying off my feet into something solid, then I felt weightless and my vision went black.

When I opened my eyes, I was with my mother, she was taller than me, we were in that shack we'd had called home. I could feel her warm hands on both sides of my face before she booped my nose with her extra hand; she had those same rags on as always and wrapped me in her trio of arms." It's Okay son, everyone's a little different, both the normal people and the ones like us as well." I felt one of her hands pat me on the head to make me feel comfortable in her embrace." I'm sorry Gaz, but I can't keep you from your friends anymore."

She laid me on the Shack's floor standing up giving me a warm motherly smile, her black almost insect like eye starting through me with her human looking gold looking at me, she began fading away from me again, I reached out for her before coming to.