Adventures in Mareth

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
Solum is too amused by the Shriek to notice the tracks in the dust the other two can see. They start in the southwest alcove and by the dust on those tracks they were maybe dozens of years ago. You two roll survival

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
They both can tell that the tracks were made by tiny humanoid feet with claw like nails. They start in the center of the alcove, move west towards the pit and drop down

AlphaKaiser

Oct 1, 2015
Hikari: "These tracks... To me, they seem to have been made by a Kobold quite some time ago. I'm no ranger, though I see no reason to think tracks like these are suppose to remain fresh for this long. And they only seem to go one way. I don't suppose who ever made them ever returned on this path. I wonder what purpose lead them to this pit."

*she stutter steps close to the pit to look down into it and measure how deep it is.*

"Even curiouser, they start in the middle of this chamber and not from the path we came from."

dracomic

Aug 26, 2015
He looks at the tracks and nods "probably kobold tracks I think" he looks at the hole "well ,one way to find out" he climbs down the hole

AlphaKaiser

Oct 1, 2015
Hikari: *With a resounding "Nope!" from her perched lips, Hikari struts away from the edge of the pit and seeks an alternate route with the quickness.*

dracomic

Aug 26, 2015
His eyes widened seeing the spike and pull himself back up "ok this is rather strange ... perhaps" he throws a stone down the hole and watches

AlphaKaiser

Oct 1, 2015
Hikari: "Oh dear, this will not do. There must be something we aren't able to easily see. I doubt a little kobold would be so stalwart to leap to his own death." *she paces re-examining the footprints*

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
She can guess that the creature is small enough to fit between the spikes. (And yes, he just did pass the one roll)

AlphaKaiser

Oct 1, 2015
Hikari: "Though, they are small creatures, perhaps they are small enough to squeeze between the spikes mid-fall... It appears we have no choice but to find a way to climb down. Would either of you happen to carry some rope?"

Autobass

Oct 19, 2016
Solum having finally managed to bring his fit of laughter under control, walks over to the others near the alcove. He begins rummaging through his pack as he hears Hikari's question, also noting the tracks he had missed in his unusual amusement earlier. Having not seen where the tracks end he offers the rope with no small amount of confusion.

AlphaKaiser

Oct 1, 2015
Hikari: "Thank you. If my thoughts are correct, we should be able to descend into this pit with without being skewered. I trust these tracks will lead us somewhere below. Let us unload our packs for the time being."

*She hands the rope to the large wolf man.*

"I trust you can tie a knot far stronger than I can. If "knot" then I'm afraid you will have to trust us to support your way down first." *she half giggles at her own joke.*

"Though in all seriousness, I say this because you have the greater size to support us if we fall. I descend after you because I know I am the lightest of us."

*She looks to Solum.*

"Next, you can toss all of our packs down to us so that you will not have to carry them down with you. Lastly, I would beg you to summon your courage and cautiously leap from the edge. We will catch you. It is only 10 feet deep after all, we can't miss you coming. Though hopefully we can find a support point so that we may not have to gamble with our safety."

*She then looks around for a sturdy stalagmite or anchor point for Zahir to tie the rope to.*

dracomic

Aug 26, 2015
Zahir smiles and nods liking Hikari's idea "seem like a good plan to me" he put his backpack to the side only carrying what was necessary before trying to tie a knock on the wall or a pillar "I think this will hold"
He says turning back to the others "ok so I will go first and you two later, let's hope I don't die"
He slowly makes his way down the hole while holding on to the rope and watching out for the spikes.

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
The walls are rough making for easy foot and handholds, Zahir easily makes it to the bottom.

AlphaKaiser

Oct 1, 2015
Hikari: "Alright, I'm next."

*She downgrades her packing gear then cautiously scales down the rope toward the wolf.*

Autobass

Oct 19, 2016
Solum gathers up the packs while Hikari descends the rope, carrying them to the edge of the hole, seeing how far down the catgirl is between trips. He waits for a moment before heaving the first pack over the edge with a warning of "look out below!" before repeating the process twice more with the remaining packs.

Autobass

Oct 19, 2016
Hearing Hikari's reply upon catching her pack and assuming Zahir had likewise dealt with his, Solum looks down the hole, his breath quickening at the prospect of getting impaled on one of the spikes. He flares his wings nervously, incapable of flight as they are before leaping down the hole.
(One Solum coming right up.)

AlphaKaiser

Oct 1, 2015
(I always wondered, what kind of creature is Solum and what class is he? Its never been made clear to me.)