Escape from paradise

Paimon

Jan 28, 2018
"We could have our resident shark check it out. With his floating axe he should be able to dive in, save the ship, and swim back to the surface for pickup without too much issue." Ciara turns and addresses Kriv directly, "that is, assuming that you're as impressive as you say you are."

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"I don't have a problem with it, but... Say I accidentally put a hole in the ship's hull. Then what?" He asks, raising an eyebrow. "You guys will be sinking to a watery grave. You'll either get impaled on driftwood, eaten by sirens, or... Well... Drown in your own blood as your lungs burst from the pressure." He says counting off the methods of death off his fingers.

Paimon

Jan 28, 2018
"As opposed to now, where there is something actively trying to put holes in the hull. Besides, the ships hull is probably thick enough to take a few errant swings from your axe, assuming you aren't actually trying to sink us."

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Hmm... That's a good point..." He murmurs, looking over into the dark, roiling water. "I could jump... Ah fuck it. If I'm gonna die, might as well take it out." He says, shrugging and hopping over the side, diving into the water with his axe as he looks for whatever is trying to break the hull.

ApocMora

Jul 25, 2016
Colorado
Watching the exchange and following Kriv dive with curious concern. "Well.....good luck? Anyone have any other ideas?"

Lanania

Oct 11, 2017
[Rebecca]
There was small boats used to join shore if the ship was in a natural harbor, but inside the storm these boats could easily capsizes. It was probably a better alternative to swimming to the shore, but it wasn't looking safe either.
[Apoc, Ciara, Irvin, Rebecca]
Another awfull sound of wood breaking echoed, they could hear water leaking inside the ship.
[Kriv]
{Serious? Jumping in the water was a better plan then looking from inside the ship? I'm not mad, just surprised}
The water was hot like a good bath, but it wasn't calm has one. [As long as you are in the water you will have to make a Str roll >12, remember you have +2 because you have a cork safety vest] Kriv could see a large squid attached to the side of the ship, His powerfull tentacle around the hull, slowly trying to compress it. Some of it's tentacle, the smaller ones, had punctured the hull and were doing god knows what inside the ship. Two sailors were caught by two of the large tentacles, with small tentacles going inside their mouths, by the bubbling coming from their mouth, the tentacles were there to give them oxygen.

Last edited:

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
[He's crazy lol. Expect more shit like this. XD]
[19]

He's almost lost in the stormy water, before he notices the squid. He immediately starts swimming closer to the squid, his body sinuously moving through the waves. He looses his axe, gripping it in one hand as he swims forward, trying to get close to the squid. He didn't really care about the sailors. The squid was his main priority.

Lanania

Oct 11, 2017
{You can try to hit it, but you will have -4 because of the cork on the axe + you are in the water, you will need to make a swim check after each big post I will do}

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
[Oh... Yeah, I didn't think about that. I just thought it would make the weapon lighter.
Ah well. Looks like I'm fucked. XD]

dracomic

Aug 26, 2015
Irvin just looks with wide eyes at the idiot dragon that simply trowed himself overboard "Realy?!" he sighs and shake his head and shouts to the captain "The ship will flood even if that idiot manage to kill whatever it is , We need to dock somewhere fast before we sink! " With that, he pulls out his crossbow from his backpack as well as a belt filled with dagger which he puts over his chest and heads back downstairs, To fight whatever it was ,he had no plan of actually defeating it just to delay it before it made even more holes on the ship so they would have time to reach land.

Paimon

Jan 28, 2018
"I mean, I didn't expect him to actually do it. He didn't even grab a rope." Ciara glances around for something that she can cast down for the dragon-man, "I guess I'll try and fish him back out if I see him pop back up?"

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
The longboats looked chancy, but they were better than staying on a sinking ship. Rebecca made her way over to one, and hopped in. Pulling a knife from her boot, (hey, a lady had to be ready to defend herself) she made ready to cut the release line, if the ship looked like it was really going under. As she waited, she looked down at the bubbling shape under the water, wondering just what was down there. She pushed the thought from her mind, figuring it was best not to think about it.

ApocMora

Jul 25, 2016
Colorado
Watching the musician heading to the landing craft, Apoc decided that a boat without holes beats one with holes, and moved to follow her. "Rebecca, may I join you?!" Shouting over the storm as best as he can.

Last edited:

Lanania

Oct 11, 2017
[Kriv]
{make a str check >12 to swim closer to the Kraken}
You are able to stay afloat but the sound of you swimming is enough for the kraken to notice you won't get bonuses when attacking it
You are able to swim silently and get closer to the kraken, making you able to strike the kraken without it having noticed you and unable to protect itself {+4 to your str check to hit the Kraken}
[Irvin]
First Irvin had fight off the flow of people escaping the lower deck itself. Once he was down there water was everywhere, everyone was running around trying to collect their belongings before going upstairs. Then a long tentacle came from the area where the hammock where, going straight toward a young woman with cat ears, she was busy trying to collect some gems spilled in the ground, before she could figure out what was happening the tentacle grabbed her ankle and pulled her back in the hammock area, screaming in horror as she was dragged in the dark.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
He manages to get closer, and silently too, before aiming and swinging right at the Kraken's head.

[21]

dracomic

Aug 26, 2015
Irvin Try to focus despite the commotion and reach the lower part of the ship, as soon as he sees the woman being dragged by the tentacle he readies his crossbow "Let go of her!" and shots at the tentacle with a bolt.
(2d6+6 = (4+1)+6 = 11)

Paimon

Jan 28, 2018
Ciara grabs a rope, ties a loop at one end for a handle, and the other end to the boat itself, and throws the rope over the side close to where Kriv was last seen.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"Ciara! He's lost, get in, before the ship capsizes!" Rebecca cried, when she saw the other woman still standing by the railing.

Reactions: ApocMora

Paimon

Jan 28, 2018
Ciara knows that Rebecca is probably right, she does one final check on her knots and throws her makeshift ladder over the side in case the dragon man somehow does survive, and joins Rebecca in the smaller boat, "I hope you know what you're doing. This thing hardly seems sea worthy."

ApocMora

Jul 25, 2016
Colorado
Apoc checks the longboat over to make sure it has no actual flaws or damage that would jeopardize its seaworthiness. "It may be small, but I have faith it is better than the ship we will be leaving." Now checking the rigging that will be used to lower the boat to the ocean below when the time comes.

Lanania

Oct 11, 2017
[Kriv]
His strike was direct and brutal, cutting through the beast skin and bone, both eyes turned around to look at Kriv. The best was stunned by the brutal strike but rapidly turned its attention to Kriv, trying to gapple him with one of it's big tentacle. {12 to hit against strength defense so it barely misses Kriv defense} but atlast it's attempt failed to overpower the dragon. {Make a swim check 12+, on a fail the Kraken will receive bonus against you on the next attack}
[Irvin]
The tentacle moves out of the bolt trajectory at the last moment, bringing the woman even deeper in the resting area, her cries being muffled by what was sounding like a gag. Before the tentacle was completely hidden behind some box Irvin could see the tentacle shake in pain as if something had hit the Kraken.
[Apoc, Rebecca & Ciara]]
As soon as the duo entered the ship everyone around started to rush toward them begging to let them in, in no time the ship would be full.

Last edited:

ApocMora

Jul 25, 2016
Colorado
Yelling over the panicking passengers. "Some of you get in, the rest, get to the other longboats and prepare to lower to the sea!" Turning to check those in the boat he knows. "Ciara, Rebecca, please keep an eye out for anyone we may know or want in our boat in case I miss them, there are too many people for me to see properly."

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
[10+8=18]

He quickly swims out of the reach of the grasping tentacles, before swimming back in for another swing at the beast.

[10]

This time, he misses.

Paimon

Jan 28, 2018
Ciara does a quick count of the seats in their boat, and points to the closest people who will fit, "You, you, you, and you. Get in. The rest of you get to the other boats. If we all get in this one, it will sink or capsize, and we'll drown just as surely as if we stayed on the ship. Keep your heads, and we'll be fine."

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Rebecca watched as several other passengers clambered onto the boat. Then, not waiting for the rest to swarm them, she slashed at the release line with her knife. [Do I need to roll something for this?]

dracomic

Aug 26, 2015
He frowns in annoyance as his bolt miss ,the more time he spent here the less like was he to survive but he couldn't just leave the woman at the mercy of this monster. Throwing all caution to the wind he runs after the tentacle drawing a dagger from his belt and throws it at the tentacle as soon as it came into his vision.
(2d6+6 = (1+6)+6 = 13)

ApocMora

Jul 25, 2016
Colorado
Apoc also watches, his face going white as the rigging in his hands goes slack. "Well....fuck me till Tuesday." And braces himself for the plunge. (What day of the week is it in this world? What season of the year?)