Nyrean Ascension (Taivra Expansion)

HalfALifeLol

Feb 12, 2018
Disclaimer: I am new here and yes this is insanely ambitious and not likely to go anywhere, I have a harder time writing one-shot than chains so this is easier for me. I am aware of the rules and do not have any unrealistic expectations other than to learn.

Hi everyone!

So, I finally worked up the nerve to actually get into writing here and I opted to give Taivra a go after getting Savin's blessing for my plan.

Essentially, I want to expand on her and what the player can do as a royal. It would not result in a crew-member since that is both pretty complicated and seems to go against her entire character. Essentially, you are gradually providing tech through (initially and potentially fully) legal means and knowledge to her settlement with the goal of establishing an embassy and securing protection against the Myr (So as to not interfere with the main plot).

As for Taivra as a character, it is essentially unlocking new scenes and options as you take some of the load off of her shoulders and build up her trust for you.

I have a few thousand word draft which I going to put here later but for now, here is the rough skeleton of the Expansion:

Nyrean Ascension

Branches:

Trade goods
:

-Gems. (Heavy Mining Equipment Constructs and buyers).

-Mercenaries/Guards. (Acquire contractors and visas).

-Silks. (Bargain with Bothric and approach seller).

-Vinefarms. (Acquire cultivation gear and get rights).

Defenses:

-Weapons. (Myr Weapons/Lasers)

-Armor. (Myr Armor/Powered Armor)

-Fortifications. (Red Myr Siege Master/ UGC Siege Masters)

-Training. (Red Myr Veterans/Ex UGC Marines)

Infrastructure:

-Teachers. (Gold Myr Educator/UGC Researchers)

-Quell the Alphas. (Conscription/Exile)

-Hire Architects. (Gold Myr Architect/ UGC Architect)

-Administration. (Creating a Nyrean System/Importing Myr/Importing UGC System)

-Succession. (Colony/Surrender Claim)

Final Quest.

--Establish Embassy and gain UGC Protection.

Taivra Relationship.

-First scene procs at State Viability: 20%

--Unlock Massage. Conversation Topic: State Status.

-Second Scene procs at State Viability: 40%

--Unlock: Bondage (You). Conversation Topic: Her Past.

-Third Scene procs at State Viability: 60%

--Unlock: Taivra-Harem Orgy. Conversation Topic: War Stories.

-Fourth Scene procs at State Viability: 80%

--Unlock: Bondage (Her). Conversation Topic: Hopes for the Future.

-Last Scene procs at State Viability: 100%

--Unlock: Love-Making. Conversation Topic: Concerns.

To reiterate, I am very new to this and eager to learn and improve so please be sure to voice your opinion if this idea interests you!

I welcome any thoughts or ideas moving forward. :D

Last edited:

Dark67titan

Mar 26, 2016
i assume that the doc will inform us of which options is legal and which is the shady one ,but other that that looks quite interesting

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
You would likely have to get the dev's approval to do this, as they were the ones to write Taivra and may not take kindly to someone trying to make such a massive thing involving their work. Also, they would likely have very strict standards for the writing.

HalfALifeLol

Feb 12, 2018
You would likely have to get the dev's approval to do this, as they were the ones to write Taivra and may not take kindly to someone trying to make such a massive thing involving their work. Also, they would likely have very strict standards for the writing.
Mentioned it in the text. Savin wrote it and he approved except if he sees something he does not like, made sure to confer with him before posting this.

HalfALifeLol

Feb 12, 2018
Alrighty! I got up the first thousand words for those of you interested, I appreciate any feedback you guys can give me. It will not be posted on the submission thread until it is at least vaguely palatable.

I will get the rest up tomorrow since I am trying to reformat it all to be up to snuff with the submission rules on the really off chance it somehow gets that far and keep writing on the doc from thereon.

HalfALifeLol

Feb 12, 2018
So this goes off of that Taivra got subjugated?
Yes, the dialogue choice appears once you have 50k credits and are not a bimbo (the latter due more to my limited skill than any other reason to be honest). I might add bimbo at some point in the future if I can figure it out.

HalfALifeLol

Feb 12, 2018
What about if Steele married Taivra without fighting her?
Event should happen as normal, I've been replaying the dungeon a few times and I am not completely sure it warrants its own variant but given that this is what it is posted here for, I will take it into consideration and maybe work something in there.

Whimsalot

Jul 20, 2017
I have to say, I like your ideas!

I been thinking about possible expansions for quite a while sometime, but aside from various halfcooked ideas, the only thing that got finished was the minor sleeping chamber scene that was added in the last public patch. :(
My idea was to expand the village with buildings - each had invisible stats and once all spots are occupied, a large scene would play out as the result (if you only build housings, the people would rebel because they have nothing to eat, if you only build military the myr would attack because your a danger and so on), forcing the player to think a bit about their choices.
If the PC plays their cards right, the princess (would also get a slightly larger role) would become an ambassador and appear at the UGC embassy, allowing the player to acess the village options without having to travel there each time.

But I got to admit I really love your idea of legal/illlegal choices, that sounds like a great way to balance things and punish the player with a bad ending if they overdo it.

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck and hope you continue with this!

Reactions: Jongeedubs

HalfALifeLol

Feb 12, 2018
I have to say, I like your ideas!

I been thinking about possible expansions for quite a while sometime, but aside from various halfcooked ideas, the only thing that got finished was the minor sleeping chamber scene that was added in the last public patch. :(
My idea was to expand the village with buildings - each had invisible stats and once all spots are occupied, a large scene would play out as the result (if you only build housings, the people would rebel because they have nothing to eat, if you only build military the myr would attack because your a danger and so on), forcing the player to think a bit about their choices.
If the PC plays their cards right, the princess (would also get a slightly larger role) would become an ambassador and appear at the UGC embassy, allowing the player to acess the village options without having to travel there each time.

But I got to admit I really love your idea of legal/illlegal choices, that sounds like a great way to balance things and punish the player with a bad ending if they overdo it.

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck and hope you continue with this!
I had thought about adding tiles but I frankly assumed that was more difficult for Fen and would therefore make this even less likely to eventually get coded. Atm all it will do is alter the description on the existing tiles if all goes to plan.

Reactions: NotYouNorI

moobere

May 19, 2017
I think if you go into the public github there is some stuff in the nyrea file for a expansion already

EDIT:It's under Taivris' its for the princess.

mindrapist

Jun 12, 2017
I dig it. I also dig the possibility of finally getting arrested/bad ended for making legally questionable decisions.

moobere

May 19, 2017
I dig it. I also dig the possibility of finally getting arrested/bad ended for making legally questionable decisions.
There are actually 2 bad ends where you get arrested one in myrellion during the unification thing and one on canadia when u are trying to get krio and her sister to sex it up

mindrapist

Jun 12, 2017
There are actually 2 bad ends where you get arrested one in myrellion during the unification thing and one on canadia when u are trying to get krio and her sister to sex it up
True. But its a bit more impressive when you get arrested for becoming an enemy of the state instead of getting arrested for breaking and entering.

HalfALifeLol

Feb 12, 2018
Bit of an update. I have some more stuff to post soon but RL and my being horrible at writing actual sex scenes is slowing me down quite a bit. Finally decided to put that to the back and do it last.

Sifen

Apr 4, 2018
Well hey, being more that a king/queen by name only sounds interesting.