[JAVA] SFarm

breezeindigo

Jan 18, 2018
Hello,

First time poster, longtime lurker.

I'm building a little game in Java, inspired by Free Cities PregMod. I've rather creatively named it 'SFarm' (SimpleFarm). The basic premise is a slave breeding/training game. At present, content is very thin on the ground, since I've spent most of my energy coding the underlying systems. Oh, and it has graphics (although admittedly, shitty graphics).

I don't want or need Patreon/money. I'm also providing free access to the GitHub where I put up my work, which you're welcome to play with. I mostly want ideas and suggestions for gameplay (the more specific, the better).

At present, only female slaves are implemented, however if you look through the code you'll notice a few things:
1. There is a pretty flexible stat system (which will almost certainly be super buggy)
2. The game should be able to handle just about any body shape
3. Code for male slaves is there (it's just having a little nap)

ATTENTION: You will require the Java 9 JRE to run this. It is available here.

Anyway, the latest build is attached. The GitHub is here: https://github.com/BreezeIndigo/SFarm
Screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/XQ3ET

TEST BUILD

Fetishes:
Pregnancy, Slaves, Breeding

Last edited:

blargballs

Jan 18, 2018
This seems like a good concept, but I'm not sure how to play it.

Java doesn't want to let it run, and I've no idea how to compile a Git repository.

Nephilim_Anunnaki

Sep 7, 2015
The screen and concept looks cool but there is a way to play if you are not a programmer or are a dummy for this kind of things?

blargballs

Jan 18, 2018
Odd...works for me. Have you got the latest version of Java?

Initially running the application caused a prompt to update Java, which I followed, and updated it. Now it's saying that Java security settings won't allow for applications to be run unless they come from a site that Java thinks is reputable, or from a site that's listed under exceptions.
Having put this site under the exceptions list, I'm at an impasse.

Thanks.

breezeindigo

Jan 18, 2018
I've uploaded an updated version which (I think) should be signed. You may have to allow self-signed apps in your security settings (which apparently you shouldn't do permanently). Hopefully that works. Sorry, I'm a little new to all of this.

Reactions: blargballs

breezeindigo

Jan 18, 2018
Uh...I have no idea why that is happening. A quick Google search seems to suggest that it might be to do with your JRE version?

breezeindigo

Jan 18, 2018
Yep.

EDIT:

Also, I just added a small update (Release A4). Breasts graphics now change to reflect size parameters. Pregnancy and birth also cause graphical changes. I've left the older version up in case I cocked up certificates or whatever with this one.

Last edited:

Sacredferro

Aug 26, 2015
Both are throwing exception errors for me. Are you sure it needs 9, 'cause that's what I have?

breezeindigo

Jan 18, 2018
As far as I can tell it should require Java 9. What exception are you getting?

EDIT: I've put up a (hopefully) clean rebuild. Unfortunately I don't have a spare computer to test this on.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2017
Ok I can confirm that R.A5 works for me, at least the Executable Jar File does. The HTML doesn't work. Question though, how do I exit out of the game?

breezeindigo

Jan 18, 2018
Hmm, you should be able to just close the window...

At the moment there's no save function since the whole thing is a barebones alpha test to see if the basic systems work.

blargballs

Jan 18, 2018
Testing the new release:
.Jar tells me that there's a problem with my Java installation, after having installed new Java due to an update prompt.
.JNLP Is still coming up with the same blocking message.

Thank you for your continued work on this.

EDIT: Doing a straight install of JRE 9.0.4
EDIT 2: That fixed the .Jar, it now works. .JNLP still blocked though.
EDIT 3: .JNLP blocked because its permissions are set to "sandbox".

Last edited:

breezeindigo

Jan 18, 2018
Testing the new release:
.Jar tells me that there's a problem with my Java installation, after having installed new Java due to an update prompt.
.JNLP Is still coming up with the same blocking message.

Thank you for your continued work on this.

EDIT: Doing a straight install of JRE 9.0.4
EDIT 2: That fixed the .Jar, it now works. .JNLP still blocked though.
EDIT 3: .JNLP blocked because its permissions are set to "sandbox".

I think I'll probably just put the JAR file in there in future. I'm not really sure what the JLNP and HTML files are supposed to be for.

Plus Java blocks it

Weird. I'm sorry I have to say I have no idea why it does that.

Incidentally, I've put up another update. Minor, just adds a crude slave market.

art926

Sep 8, 2015
I can't even launch it.
Innoxia, who makes Lilith's Throne, also uses java, but somehow gives us packages, that launch without problems.
Please, test your executable in a clean virtual machine, before sharing to thousands people.

Reactions: Nephilim_Anunnaki

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
I genuinely want to test run this (once males are in stocks, then I can recreate some of the best mother-son side-by-side fucked comparison hentai out there), but if it's not playable then all I can do is hope a version gets tossed up for others to play.

breezeindigo

Jan 18, 2018
I can't even launch it.
Innoxia, who makes Lilith's Throne, also uses java, but somehow gives us packages, that launch without problems.
Please, test your executable in a clean virtual machine, before sharing to thousands people.

Lovely.

I'm not Innoxia. I happily admit I'm a cheery amateur who's only just learning to code. Regrettably I didn't even realise testing in a VM was an option, so thanks for that idea.
Anyway, this is the thing running in a clean VM of Ubuntu using JRE 9.0.4 (literally the ONLY thing I installed) - note that I wrote this in Windows.
The compatibility issue is neither my code nor my packaging, as far as I can tell. Install JRE 9.0.4 on your system of choice and run the JAR file and this should work.

Your feedback and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I genuinely want to test run this (once males are in stocks, then I can recreate some of the best mother-son side-by-side fucked comparison hentai out there), but if it's not playable then all I can do is hope a version gets tossed up for others to play.

Spirit of fair disclosure, graphics for males will probably not be high on my priority list. Still, the graphics system is built off SVG graphics so if someone wants to build me the relevant graphics I'll even happily provide an SVG file to use as a base.

Beyond that, what I need more than anything else is ideas for what to implement.

art926

Sep 8, 2015
running in a clean VM of Ubuntu using JRE 9.0.4
Try to run it on a clean Windows VM that even doesn't have any java installed. You'll see it doesn't start. But that's what most people around here have, and you can't change their configuration.
Then type in Google "Java Self-Contained Application Packaging" and learn. Good luck.

breezeindigo

Jan 18, 2018
Try to run it on a clean Windows VM that even doesn't have any java installed. You'll see it doesn't start. But that's what most people around here have, and you can't change their configuration.
Then type in Google "Java Self-Contained Application Packaging" and learn. Good luck.

The whole point is that all it requires is the Java 9 JRE, which takes a few minutes to install. I've tried setting it up in the past to building self-contained packages and at present it doesn't yet work in a straightforward fashion with Java 9 AFAIK. I'm not willing to spend several more my leisure hours on an ancillary part of this whole project until that process matures a bit.

People install RTPs for RPGM games. From experience, this is much more straightforward by comparison. In the interim, I've clarified that the JRE is a prerequisite and included a batch file in the test build that will work if people don't have JAR file associations set up. That will hopefully suffice.

Last edited:

51|3|\|C3

Dec 17, 2017
There is no java 9.0.4 for x32 systems... Are you really need java 9 features? Maybe java 8 is enough?