Seeds of Chaos [Ren'py - Version 0.2.42]

Lord Arioch

Sep 5, 2015
Version 0.2.18 is now available in the OP. If you haven't played the game in a while, we've made quite a lot of changes and progress since the initial stages. The game now has:

- the intro plus 24 playable weeks (over two hours of (linear) game play)
- a much larger map to explore, with new resource types to capture
- new mechanics such as spying (and in the backer release, NPC jobs for Alexia)
- nearly 30 sex scenes, with 3-5 being added in each new release
- over 35 unique CGs (plus variants), with 5+ being added in each new release
- a lot more other art assets (character sprites and backgrounds)

Release Notes
- Map size has been increased to represent half of Rosaria
- Lots of new resource hexes have been added as a result, with new resource events
- The game has undergone extensive balancing
- Villages and keeps now require military points to be spent in order to capture or destroy them
- A new storyline has been added to Raeve keep that allows you to claim Helayna. This will have an effect on your relationship with Alexia
- Five new sex scenes have been added
- Three more backgrounds have been added to the castle
- Four new CGs, plus variants have been added

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
Oh neat, I just saw two of my scenes won the CG contest. It's great returning to this every couple of months or so and see it coming together. Really hope you'll be able to produce one more zone after Rosaria at least.

Lord Arioch

Sep 5, 2015
Greetings,
I have the same issue as Shizenhakai as shown in my pictures. Testet on pc as well no problems....
My system has with high probability issues because of the onboard graphic-chip (Intel(R) HD Graphics Family)

I don't know if this will solve the graphic problems a few of you are having, but someone else solved it on another forum and I thought I'd pass it on in case it did:

"I found a fix to my problem I posted about a few posts up, if anyone else is having the same problem you should hold shift and G together after you start the game and than pick one of the options in the graphical acceleration list and than restart the game, keep picking until one works or you run out of options. That is how I fixed the problem for myself, don't know if it might work for others."

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
So how does the spy traits work? The first two I could recruit were submissive, the next two were mutual (or something along those lines). Do they improve/weaken our success with certain forms of spying?

Also will it be possible to read the description for items you can't afford? It's a bit annoying that I can't tell what the hell something is if its too expensive, at least let me know the price.

I like the expanded map, you say it's half of Rosaria? So is there only going to be 1 major city (Baron's Capital) in the remaining half? Seems a bit small, but with the fact we have to manage exploring six realms eventually, I can roll with it.

Lord Arioch

Sep 5, 2015
So how does the spy traits work? The first two I could recruit were submissive, the next two were mutual (or something along those lines). Do they improve/weaken our success with certain forms of spying?

Also will it be possible to read the description for items you can't afford? It's a bit annoying that I can't tell what the hell something is if its too expensive, at least let me know the price.

I like the expanded map, you say it's half of Rosaria? So is there only going to be 1 major city (Baron's Capital) in the remaining half? Seems a bit small, but with the fact we have to manage exploring six realms eventually, I can roll with it.

Yeah, they have certain success rate effects on missions, and will also trigger different effects in future updates.

We are going to overhaul items since I never really got to the level where I could afford to have them all illustrated, so this will no longer be a problem.

There's going to be a lot more of the world, so I don't really want to make each area too large. Otherwise, you'd end up sticking to one, whereas we want the player to be able to explore more of them.

Lord Arioch

Sep 5, 2015
Latest version now available in the OP.

Release Notes
- Event system has been overhauled to allow for more complex control of event selection
- Job system added
- First two jobs, Librarian and Maid, available for Alexia from week 22 with a number of events
- New ruler events
- New sex scenes
- Orciad can now be started, visit the orc camp in the north-west corner of the map
- New sprites, backgrounds and CGs
- Gallery updated with all recent CGs
- Map GUI has undergone some visual improvement
- Turn count upped to 32 weeks

Kaskir

Jul 30, 2017
I don't know if this will solve the graphic problems a few of you are having, but someone else solved it on another forum and I thought I'd pass it on in case it did:

"I found a fix to my problem I posted about a few posts up, if anyone else is having the same problem you should hold shift and G together after you start the game and than pick one of the options in the graphical acceleration list and than restart the game, keep picking until one works or you run out of options. That is how I fixed the problem for myself, don't know if it might work for others."

Thank you Lord Arioch!
Now the game works fine!

foobart

Feb 22, 2017
Do you have anything transformation related planned for Alexia? I'd love to see Andras turn her into a demoness (or at least steal her away) if the player neglects her too much. The artwork for their first sex scene suggested as much.

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
Do you have anything transformation related planned for Alexia? I'd love to see Andras turn her into a demoness (or at least steal her away) if the player neglects her too much. The artwork for their first sex scene suggested as much.
There's a temporary transformation for her in the game right now. It's one of X'zaratl's scenes, the futanari succubus. I don't know if that's your thing though.

RyoCaliente

Nov 17, 2016

Very early in this thread I remember a pic of what I assume is a corrupted Alexia, but that was very early-stage so I don't know if LA is still planning to continue that idea.

EDIT: Checked it, on page 4 there's a corrupted Alexia sketch.

Last edited:

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
Is there some homosexual content for Greyhide planned?
Yes. The current Patreon only version includes a scene for him and Rowan. It will become public when the next version releases, which is planned for later this month.

Lord Arioch

Sep 5, 2015
OP has been updated with links for the new version (0.2.22). Merry Christmas / Happy holidays!

Release Notes
- Turn count upped to 36
- New Ruler events
- Four new sex scenes
- More content for the Orciad narrative
- New Job for Alexia - Tavern
- Framework and initial content for journal added
- New BGs, sprites, and CGs

Reactions: Cloud Strife

marsup

Sep 6, 2016
Hello sorry to bother everyone but I have 4 questions I cant seem to find the answer to and was hoping someone could help me. (I am using the latest version of the game)

1) How do I infiltrate the keep? I only get the option to mount an assault no matter what I do.

2) How do I get the new goblin prince event in the plains or the trade event about the goblin rumours (using the walkthrough as a reference)? I have been trying to get these events to trigger but I can't seem to get it to trigger them. Are there specific requirements? Or are the plains in a specifc area?

EDIT: Ok this si really frustrating I managed to trigger the trading scene in 2 seperate games but for some reason the actual dinner scene triggers really late no matter what I do. This means that by the time I get the dinner scene it already week 35 making it utterly impossible to get the follow up. Am I doing something wrong or is this meant to be like this? I even avoided prolonged events to make sure they didnt overlap with this one. I actually saved a game where the trade event happened on week 16 i've been reloading but either the dinner triggers at week 35 or not at all despite the conditions being met.

3) Also I cant seem to assign Alexia to the breeding pits despite having a drider in it. The option simply doesnt appear.

4) There is pregnancy/ breeding in the fetish list, which scenes have that?

Love the game but the method for getting some scenes is extremely frustrating when you are trying to get a specific event.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nephilim_Anunnaki

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
Hello sorry to bother everyone but I have 4 questions I cant seem to find the answer to and was hoping someone could help me. (I am using the latest version of the game)

1) How do I infiltrate the keep? I only get the option to mount an assault no matter what I do.

2) How do I get the new goblin prince event in the plains or the trade event about the goblin rumours (using the walkthrough as a reference)? I have been trying to get these events to trigger but I can't seem to get it to trigger them. Are there specific requirements? Or are the plains in a specifc area?

EDIT: Ok this si really frustrating I managed to trigger the trading scene in 2 seperate games but for some reason the actual dinner scene triggers really late no matter what I do. This means that by the time I get the dinner scene it already week 35 making it utterly impossible to get the follow up. Am I doing something wrong or is this meant to be like this? I even avoided prolonged events to make sure they didnt overlap with this one. I actually saved a game where the trade event happened on week 16 i've been reloading but either the dinner triggers at week 35 or not at all despite the conditions being met.

3) Also I cant seem to assign Alexia to the breeding pits despite having a drider in it. The option simply doesnt appear.

4) There is pregnancy/ breeding in the fetish list, which scenes have that?

Love the game but the method for getting some scenes is extremely frustrating when you are trying to get a specific event.

1) Build the brothel and staff it with a spy before week ~18 (Requires researching opulence and then dark subterfuge).

2) It's random. If you're not seeing it, that's just bad luck. We're talking about changing that down the line, but it isn't in there yet.

3) You're probably playing the free version of the game. The monster zookeeper job was added in the last patron only version. If not, that's likely a bug.

4) I don't think there's any specific scenes about that yet. A desire to get pregnant is expressed in some, but nothing else. We do have plans to expand on that in the future.

Cloud Strife

Jan 20, 2018
OP has been updated with links for the new version (0.2.22). Merry Christmas / Happy holidays!

Release Notes
- Turn count upped to 36
- New Ruler events
- Four new sex scenes
- More content for the Orciad narrative
- New Job for Alexia - Tavern
- Framework and initial content for journal added
- New BGs, sprites, and CGs

I'm loving everything about this game/Novel.
Jezera is my favorite girl, I hope we get route where we can romance her, like kicking Alexia and being a dark lord with Jezera. Sharing the bedroom with her. ( like the scenes with Alexia for example.)
But everything in this game/novel is amazing, really. I can't express how much I'm happy just knowing this game exist.
I just wanted to thank you for all the hard work you and your team are putting into this project. You guys are the best.

Nephilim_Anunnaki

Sep 7, 2015
I'm loving everything about this game/Novel.
Jezera is my favorite girl, I hope we get route where we can romance her, like kicking Alexia and being a dark lord with Jezera. Sharing the bedroom with her. ( like the scenes with Alexia for example.)
But everything in this game/novel is amazing, really. I can't express how much I'm happy just knowing this game exist.
I just wanted to thank you for all the hard work you and your team are putting into this project. You guys are the best.

Yeah, Jezera is my fav too.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015

Lord Arioch

Sep 5, 2015
OP now updated with new public release 0.2.23 as 0.2.24 is available to backers.

Release Notes
- New ruler events
- New map events (swamp)
- Six new sex scenes
- New job for Alexia - Breeding pits
- Continuation of the Helayna storyline (to trigger it, refuse to help Helayna escape. Storyline revolving around helping her will be added in a later release)
- Introduction of Rowan's first staff member, Liurial
- New sprites, BGs, and CGs

Taz

Sep 30, 2016
I can't see any of the sliders in the preferences did I do something wrong? ;(

Attachments

• sliders.PNG
    sliders.PNG
    87.8 KB · Views: 9

Kaiku

Mar 31, 2016
Thought this game was absolutely fantastic, and deep. In fact, at times it felt even a bit needlessly convoluted (seeing the large amount of level-up, research and development options that don't really lead anywhere yet). But hey, if all that eventually gets fleshed out and becomes useful, who am I to complain about all that depth. It just seems like an incredible tall order to deliver all that promised content.

I did find the GUI quite clunky and it took me a while to get used to it. Nearly every room and menu seems to have its own custom UI instead of it being standardized. On top of that, there often isn't any confirmation or feedback on actions. For example, clicking to donate personal funds to the treasure seemingly does nothing. The button doesn't even 'presses', and the actual status of your funds are in a different screen. You do actually donate, it's just not apparent, which feels very un-intuitive. When browsing the shop, I tried clicking on some items for additional info and to my surprise noticed I had unintentionally bought them, just by clicking on them once. It made me hesitant to continue clicking on UI elements (like research/building development) in fear of committing to them, not knowing if a single click meant a purchase or just a select. I also had no idea Rowan could level-up for the longest time, as there was no notification or anything. The option to was hidden somewhere and I only stumbled upon it by chance. I couldn't find any info about my mission criteria, like how much time I had left, which seems pretty essential. When I failed on my first playthrough I was caught completely unaware because I had forgotten the details.

So in short, I really think the UI could do with some standardization and user-friendliness.

The art is lovely, and while playing the one thing I wished there was more of were some additional Jezera poses. Not even sex scenes, just different poses for when she appears on screen. I think a couple more images of her with some different body language would be a very worthwhile 'investment', because she appears so often. For that matter, X'zaratl's pose with her four enthusiastically spread out arms feels a bit weird to have as her default (and only) pose.

All in all, this seems like one of the most ambitious and promising projects on here and I'm very interested to see where it's going. Good luck.

Last edited:

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
My SO loves this game and she hates western ero games with a passion. She skipped the Nice Time for Roo content though.

Things that were liked:
Writing is good
Art is good/great
Non-repetitive sex scenes, so far all of them felt a bit special
Some semblance of strategy
Shortstacks
Characters capable of growth in the story
Optional Nice Time for Roo content (our house is divided on Nice Time for Roo: she would have never played if I didn't tell her it can be disabled)
Bonus: Nice Time for Roo content making the nerds on /aco/ rage

Things that need work:
UI UI UI UI UI please work on the UI

I also had no idea Rowan could level-up for the longest time
WAT. I did not know you could level up! :negativeman:

Keep up the good work!

Lord Arioch

Sep 5, 2015
Glad you guys like it. Just wanted to say we are currently working on overhauling the UI, and you can see some screenshots of the WIP here. :)

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
Glad you guys like it. Just wanted to say we are currently working on overhauling the UI, and you can see some screenshots of the WIP here. :)

Very cool, it's looking good.

Also, I haz questions:

On the Nice Time for Roo content: Understanding that the content is incomplete, will it be possible to enable Nice Time for Roo but avoid it via choices in the story (just like when you sneak out to Alexia's room at night and inform her of what really happened to Rowan) instead of the kill switch you put in the for the special snowflakes? I like the concept of skirting the edge and being punished if I choose poorly (Sorry, Alexia). Or is Alexia's unfaithfulness automatically implied when Nice Time for Roo content is enabled?

On Rowan/Alexia's relationship: Some times it feels like Jezera and Andar hold Rowan in higher regard than his own wife does. I know Rowan tries to protect her by not telling her what he really does but it just seems strange that she has little to no inkling of the things he's done in the past, what he's doing now and what terrifying things he's capable of in general. Regardless of the their current situation and Nice Time for Roo content, there seems to be an incredible imbalance in their relationship. Any chance some couples therapy in the future?

Last edited:

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
Answers:
We try to make that clear in the Nice Time for Roo option warnings. In most cases, the effect of turning Nice Time for Roo off is to force the player to make choices that would avoid the scenes. For example, if Nice Time for Roo is off the player doesn't get a choice not to go out and see Alexia, Rowan just does it. Rowan always warns Alexia to be careful when going to Jezera for help, instead of having the choice between that and doing whatever she feels is necessary. Though there are some scenes where the choice will still be presented to the player, but with Nice Time for Roo off that consequence will be replaced with something else. For example, refusing to service Andras can lead to him going to Alexia instead or taking out his frustrations on his soldiers depending on that setting. The game's story does not fundamentally change by that setting, it simply closes off all the Nice Time for Roo related paths.

I haven't given too much thought about their relationship being strained by talking or not talking about the evil that Rowan has to do while he is out. In some cases he will turn to Alexia as a confident off-screen, but not always. We'll think about it and take it into account when writing scenes involving her and the twins.

Reactions: null_blank

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015

Well all I can say is you've got a terrific set up here with the potential to turn Rowan into a true monster. IMHO The choice to serve the twins just to see Alexia again seems to be his most dangerous damning choice.

Also sorry for being the 23423435345st person to ask about the Nice Time for Roo content, there are just too many incorrect preconceived notions about this game when discussing it on other sites. If anything, it has been very educational with respect to any consideration I might have for my own future game development.

Last edited:

Lord Arioch

Sep 5, 2015
New version available in the OP

Release Notes

- Story advancing "Dream" events
- Two new repeatable sexual interactions with Liurial
- Week one of Alexia's punishment
- Two other sex scenes
- Introduction to the Fey narrative, introducing two new characters.
- New job for Alexia - Forge
- New sprites, BGs, and CGs

Skippthekripp

May 10, 2018
I realy need to ask, what the f*ck am i doing wrong? By the end of 22 week game over - every time. Jezera words: "While you did deliver Raeve to us, as requseted, you failed to to properly manage our finances and expansion to meet requried qouta.". I mean she did say i need at least 500 crowns in the begining but i`ve got even more(900 at least).

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
I realy need to ask, what the f*ck am i doing wrong? By the end of 22 week game over - every time. Jezera words: "While you did deliver Raeve to us, as requseted, you failed to to properly manage our finances and expansion to meet requried qouta.". I mean she did say i need at least 500 crowns in the begining but i`ve got even more(900 at least).
What's your military power? Have you been building new troop buildings like the Dark Sanctum, built a forge to make your orc soldiers stronger, or allowed your orc soldier count go up without conquering anything right before the quota time ran out?