Rival content?

F

Franks

Little do you all know, Fen spends something like half of his writing time writing a rival expac that is at this point as large as the rest of TiTs combined, and still not finished.

It's true, I saw it in writers klub.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Little do you all know, Fen spends something like half of his writing time writing a rival expac that is at this point as large as the rest of TiTs combined, and still not finished.

It's true, I saw it in writers klub.
That is a mean thing to tease us to about.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Teasing aside, the Rival does very much need some more content. Between their encounter at the bar, at the probes, and even the two times that I can recall them showing up when Steele is involved in walkies, they still feel like they've got less content than literally the first motherfucker you see on the first tile you get control over Steele on.

Hell the only significant thing about them that I can think of is their basic summary of "your cousin that is apparently kinda a dick you are competing with". And the only real development comes out of the bad end where they become your bed warmer.

Reactions: Logboss

Raindrops

Jun 19, 2016
some rival content would be pretty sweet... I mean, even excluding any sex scenes (IIRC they won't happen? At least not outside of a bad end), then they can show up and fuck over Steele every now and then... how about a planet where you have to chose between two paths, both with good stuff happening to you if you take it, and hte only reason you can't take both is that the Rival picks whiever one you don't, preventing you from doing it?

or maybe the rival shows up to a planet before you (as usual) and get to a village of primitive natives and fuck them over... For example by tearing out their village to make way for a strip mine (not that kind of stripping) or something. Something to truly cement that they're willing to go to any length for money

Could even have Steele react to it that shows how Steele will "rule" SteeleTech once he/she/it wins his/her/its inheritance... like finding a new location for a village for the natives or something

Klaptrap

Aug 27, 2015
If you think that's bad, we haven't even been introduced to the Tainted Space(tm) yet!

kinkshamer

Feb 8, 2016
From what I know about the rival, they are all about status
Sleeping with their cousin wouldn't do their reputation must good

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
It's an area of space where nanomachines went AWOL causing rampant, unwanted transformations.

Thought Tainted Space was just an area designated as super dangerous and nobody will give two licks if you go there. Kelly mentioned the general term in one of her talk options. Though, the areas that will be labeled Tainted Space will be "Better watch out or you'll get modded by crazy mini bots!"

Hm. Now, I'm wondering if Rival will get some freaky ass tfs in the future from messing about in the Taint. hehe

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
From what I know about the rival, they are all about status
Sleeping with their cousin wouldn't do their reputation must good
You say that like anyone who knew anything about Vic would even raise an eyebrow about his chosen heir and nibbling porking.

TheDevilYouKnow

Oct 21, 2015
Thought Tainted Space was just an area designated as super dangerous and nobody will give two licks if you go there. Kelly mentioned the general term in one of her talk options. Though, the areas that will be labeled Tainted Space will be "Better watch out or you'll get modded by crazy mini bots!"

Hm. Now, I'm wondering if Rival will get some freaky ass tfs in the future from messing about in the Taint. hehe
It's always subject to change and it won't be touched upon any time soon. It's best not to think about it too much until then.

Skiren

May 25, 2016
Hey, this isn't really the point of this topic, but I'm curious, has any new stuff been added for the rival at all?(I saw some tidbits in this thread, but still wondering) The last time I checked about her on here was like a year and a half ago.(which had only really up to the whole sad bed-warmer thing)
Also, I saw someone say Jill would not be into hooking up with Steele due to reputation reasons, but isn't that kinda disproved by her getting mind-controlled oral from you?(seems a lot like she doesn't care)

I still always have mixed feelings about the rival, because ironically they're like the only character I specifically don't wanna "force" into doing things with Steele. Which is really strange cause I'm pretty sure I've seen others who seem to feel the same, like wanting to romance Jill, not just "take her/submit to her" as is more common of Steele(it really is funny since she/he shouldn't be the one anyone would feel that way about XD I suppose I have a weird soft spot for characters that are very pretty and very rude)

kinkshamer

Feb 8, 2016
You say that like anyone who knew anything about Vic would even raise an eyebrow about his chosen heir and nibbling porking.
Victor's opinion on the matter is irrelevant, even if he had been alive
What's relevant is that being from a high-class family, the rival is constantly being stalked by the paparazzi
If they caught wind of the rival having an incestuous relationship, their reputation would be ruined

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Victor's opinion on the matter is irrelevant, even if he had been alive
What's relevant is that being from a high-class family, the rival is constantly being stalked by the paparazzi
If they caught wind of the rival having an incestuous relationship, their reputation would be ruined
Your reading comprehension needs work, I'm not talking about Vic's opinions. I'm talking about the opinions of anyone who knew anything about Vic, which is pretty much any journalist able to do 2 seconds of research or who is older than our Steele. Also the Dorna twins are from a very affluent family and there seems to be zero worries from them about the issues of them banging.

Not like banging your cousin is the most incestous thing you can do in the game right now, and I doubt it's the most incestous thing that some rich motherfucker is doing that everyone knows about.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Let's not forget that Vic was alive for around 200 years and really only died because his DNA was breaking down after decades of modifications. Vic had a reputation and I imagine that the press got fairly jaded for years before the Captain was born. I would imagine it'd be like being the child of a Sixties or Seventies icon, unless you're as "wacky" as your parent, the press isn't going to care too much about you. You've got some pretty big boots to fill and a large shadow to get out from under.

With regards to the "incest being found out automatically equals ruination.", didn't stop royalty throughout the centuries, and let's not forget that there are mods to ensure that the DNA doesn't get too borked.

Besides which, there has been a history of cousin marriage throughout human history. While I don't condone the practice, its not even close to the worst thing you can do in the game. *points at a certain bounty hunter that lives on an ice planet and continues pointing somewhere down the line towards a certain niece* Believe me, that would be more damaging and even then a bigger news story would come along soon enough to forget the idea of Captain Steele playing with their sister's tail.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
To be fair, Shade is only our half sibling. Also Vic's legendary status for scattering bastards across the stars makes the story more of a human interest one than a damaging scandal.

I kinda wonder if Vic has accidentally, or deliberately, banged his brother. I mean with all the transformations the man took, and the complete lack of effort he's made to keep you from accidentally banging your half-siblings, it seems probably given that he had 200ish years to do it.

D

Deleted member 15512

To be fair, Shade is only our half sibling. Also Vic's legendary status for scattering bastards across the stars makes the story more of a human interest one than a damaging scandal.

I kinda wonder if Vic has accidentally, or deliberately, banged his brother. I mean with all the transformations the man took, and the complete lack of effort he's made to keep you from accidentally banging your half-siblings, it seems probably given that he had 200ish years to do it.

I think that the frontier is quite libertine, but given what several characters' pasts have mentioned, some of the core/home world societies and upper crusts in certain circles are much more conservative, or at least they prefer to keep their trysts under wraps. I'm also certain there are a lot more rich, religious, not-sexually-inclined characters like Shep Darnock around.

As for Victor and his brother, I'm fairly certain their feud would keep them from being interested in each other. Most high-class societies don't care too much if someone's banging around with lower classes, but as soon as they get involved with someone in the same stratus, issues of asset ownership and reputation come up. Considering that's the biggest issue Victor has with his brother, I think he'd want to avoid having anything to do with him along those lines.

I can understand Fen wanting to monopolize the rival's content, as they are your main antagonist and motivation. Being able to exert direct power over them or sway them to your side too early would undermine that.

Last edited by a moderator:

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
The Dorna twins haven't hooked it up yet from what I can tell. In-game it only goes as far as Syri being a little... too interested if you talk to her about Anno. No idea about how Anno thinks about it.

As for Vic and Max having any sexual contact, I'm betting sloopy seconds AT best. Probably an hour apart or more.

As far as Rival and incest, I feel the sub tuner event is more about degrading their cuz then anything. If the game was aimed at a very niche activity, and there was a writer with a stomach for it... well, I'm just going to stop myself because I don't want the mental imagine I had to fully form.

D

Deleted member 15512

The Dorna twins haven't hooked it up yet from what I can tell. In-game it only goes as far as Syri being a little... too interested if you talk to her about Anno. No idea about how Anno thinks about it.

Consider the huskar sisters Galina and Marina on Uveto, who actively engage in a 3some with Anno (and 4some with you, if you're interested), Kiro and Kally (though that requires a little matchmaking on the parto f the PC), and Cora and Carrie (likely more due to the influence of male pheromones and Treatment-reduced inhibitions). The tarratch siblings who run Sentient Aquisitions are too alien to have those morals applied.

Plus, degrading the PC in that manner, and especially filming it, isn't the most effective way; the rival is directly receiving service from the PC, which could be as damning to their own reputation as the PC's.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
In-game it only goes as far as Syri being a little... too interested if you talk to her about Anno.
A little too interested would be stealing her sister's panties. The fantasies that Syri describes, and the effect that they have on her to merely discuss them, speak of a bit more that "too interested".

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
I wonder though, did those fantasies begin after the accident or did Syri always have incestusous feelings towards Anno?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15512

I wonder though, did those fantasies begin after the accident or did Shri always have incestusous feelings towards Anno?

Who knows? Perhaps sexual openness and sharing mates is more common in ausar society, kinda like with real dogs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Consider the huskar sisters Galina and Marina on Uveto, who actively engage in a 3some with Anno (and 4some with you, if you're interested), Kiro and Kally (though that requires a little matchmaking on the parto f the PC), and Cora and Carrie (likely more due to the influence of male pheromones and Treatment-reduced inhibitions). The tarratch siblings who run Sentient Aquisitions are too alien to have those morals applied.
I think Sumgai meant they don't know how Anno feels about getting dirty with her sister, not about other's incestuous antics in general. Kally and Kiro, and Carrie and Cora, do not interact with Anno in any way ingame, and Anno is all for getting dirty with the Huskar twins. They aren't related to her either. So bringing them all up is pointless in this case.
IIRC from the docs and code, she doesn't know what to feel about it, probably a bit weirded out to some degree.

Reactions: Evil

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
@Emerald is right on the monies about mah thinking. I'm fairly sure that Anno x Syri could totally happen, but it doesn't neccessarily HAVE to happen. If there's any resistance, it'll be on Anno and Steele, NOT Syri.

@Xeivous I'm downplaying Syri's attraction to the max. I peeped Syriquest on the Trello (62 pages and it's still NOT done) and she damn near flat out jumps on Anno. Almost. I think the only reason she didn't make a move is because she's got something serious on her mind.

Damn... we need some more Rival cousin stuff. Maybe something about how they tried to flinch the Oxonium claim on Mhen'ga or something. I'd like to the see the pose they get after Myrellion.

Reactions: valkyr42

kinkshamer

Feb 8, 2016
Anno & Syri banging isn't particularly known... and "being from influential families" isn't comparable to being the heir of one of the largest companies in the universe...
Everyone's heard of Steele Tech. The Dorna family? Not so much.

D

Deleted member 15512

Everyone's heard of Steele Tech. The Dorna family? Not so much.

Isn't the Dorna family supposed to be some rich, high-born ausur house? Anno said her parents' influence gave her a lot of important opportunities, and that Syri threw the same influence back in their faces by enlisting.

Reactions: ShySquare and Sogen