Isla Femme (Femdom, Text-Based, WIP)

Machiavelli

Jan 17, 2017
Introduction
Isla Femme is a text-based game developed in Twine focusing on Femdom and femdom-related kinks, with the focus of a male submissive. These will include CBT, tease & denial, facesitting, non-con, pegging, edging, bondage, monster girls, and more. At current time, the plan is to only implement a male player character, unless there is a high demand for a female character. For general update and progress, you can follow my game production at http://nickmachiavelli7.wixsite.com/mysite, or my Twitter feed (@Machiavellian_N).

Content Overview
Isla Femme is an adult game where the character plays a male washed ashore on an island after a plane crash in the Bermuda triangle. On this island, men are second-class citizens, and women rule supreme. Your character can explore the island and different locations while attempting to build reputation with certain dommes in order to gain access to new content and new areas. However, it's equally possible to gain such a low reputation that the women decide you're not worth the effort - whether that means getting rid of you or simply ignoring you in the future.

Details
  • Male playable character: choose name, hair color, and skin tone.
  • Several different zones, each with different themes, kinks, and NPCs.
  • This is not a CoC style game - there is no combat, and there will be minimal stats. it is far closer to a 'Choose your Own Adventure' style game.
  • UPDATE: Combat will be included in an arena area and in a dungeon area.
  • Game is being written in Twine 2: Sugarcube - the same framework used to produce Free Cities.
  • Current areas as of DB 0.2 include City, Farm, and Clinic.
  • As of DB 0.3, the city has been expanded to include shops, services, and an arena.
  • Planned areas for future development are Palace and Dungeon. Suggestions welcome!
How do I play?
Isla Femme is still in production, and a Beta Build should be available by December at very latest. We are currently on Development Build (DB) 0.2. When we release a playable build, a link will be placed here, which will lead to the page on our website. No downloads required!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikey

asestado

Sep 3, 2015
You don't need to know!
Audience i can be quite sure that it will have, however if this will be a patreon supported game later on then it would be more in the lines of "people supporting it".

Now about the concept... i personally prefer medieval setting rather than futuristic but that's mostly it on my part.

However the gameplay i would change it a bit, you will have to avoid confrontation at first because you aren't ready and they are well equipped, but if you train and obtain some items you will start to be able to fight back.

About the game because it is centered in femdom then i recommend to focus on every single type of femdom, be it worshipfulness, sadism, pet play, slavery and just sexually dominant. It would be even better if it had female monsters or even futanari ones so that it has quite a bit of content. This is because if you focus too much on something it will become boring and repetitive. Of course it would be recommended to have a bit of content that isn't femdom.

Then there would be a talk about what should be gameplay options, game overs and all that. Personally a character that i loved in COC was Ceraph and how she wanted you to become willingly her pet.

Machiavelli

Jan 17, 2017
Audience i can be quite sure that it will have, however if this will be a patreon supported game later on then it would be more in the lines of "people supporting it".

Now about the concept... i personally prefer medieval setting rather than futuristic but that's mostly it on my part.

However the gameplay i would change it a bit, you will have to avoid confrontation at first because you aren't ready and they are well equipped, but if you train and obtain some items you will start to be able to fight back.

About the game because it is centered in femdom then i recommend to focus on every single type of femdom, be it worshipfulness, sadism, pet play, slavery and just sexually dominant. It would be even better if it had female monsters or even futanari ones so that it has quite a bit of content. This is because if you focus too much on something it will become boring and repetitive. Of course it would be recommended to have a bit of content that isn't femdom.

Then there would be a talk about what should be gameplay options, game overs and all that. Personally a character that i loved in COC was Ceraph and how she wanted you to become willingly her pet.

Thanks for the feedback! I have no idea whether it will become Patreon supported or not in the future, as I'm still in the early stages of developing it. Hence why I'm here, asking for input from my potential audience prior to a majority of the production. Much of the writing is already in the works, and I'm still wrestling with how to do gameplay. Currently my idea is that the goal would be to escape this mirror universe back into your original one, but you'd also have to gather enough food to survive, build up character and equipment to hold your own, etc. Obviously, most of the femdom will have to take place in defeat scenes and the like, similar to COC.

I do intend to provide a good deal of variety as to the types of femdom, as I know there are infinitely many kinks and fetishes, and I'd like to appeal to a great deal of them. It may also be possible to allow players to choose which kinks to involve and which to exclude, at least for some (futas, for instance, aren't my thing, but I know some people enjoy them, so perhaps they could be an option that could be toggled from start). Much of it will come down to how difficult implementation is. And I too have a fondness for fantasy settings, and that was the other possible route to go with this, if that's more popular. Most of the scenes I've already written are easily adapted to several settings, as I'm still planning.

asestado

Sep 3, 2015
You don't need to know!
Thanks for the feedback! I have no idea whether it will become Patreon supported or not in the future, as I'm still in the early stages of developing it. Hence why I'm here, asking for input from my potential audience prior to a majority of the production. Much of the writing is already in the works, and I'm still wrestling with how to do gameplay. Currently my idea is that the goal would be to escape this mirror universe back into your original one, but you'd also have to gather enough food to survive, build up character and equipment to hold your own, etc. Obviously, most of the femdom will have to take place in defeat scenes and the like, similar to COC.

I do intend to provide a good deal of variety as to the types of femdom, as I know there are infinitely many kinks and fetishes, and I'd like to appeal to a great deal of them. It may also be possible to allow players to choose which kinks to involve and which to exclude, at least for some (futas, for instance, aren't my thing, but I know some people enjoy them, so perhaps they could be an option that could be toggled from start). Much of it will come down to how difficult implementation is. And I too have a fondness for fantasy settings, and that was the other possible route to go with this, if that's more popular. Most of the scenes I've already written are easily adapted to several settings, as I'm still planning.

Well escaping from the universe is a bit too standard and uninteresting, at least that's how i see it, i would find it a bit better if your character had multiple routes to proceed, the "rebellion option" in which the character will try to free other males, be it to change the society to a maledom or equality.

Another would be joining a tribe (because you were captured or voluntary joined) and help them contest the power of the isle from the others.

Last one would be a neutral route in which you just don't care about external conflicts and just want to live peacefully.

I think at least like that it would be more appealing. However what's more important is how you percieve the relationships with the npcs.

Machiavelli

Jan 17, 2017
Is the player character only going to be male or will female be an option too?
It will likely depend on how difficult it is to implement, but it's likely that the first release will have a male-only player character, then following releases may allow for a female character. That, however, wasn't something I had considered until now, so I may have to tweak the premise a tad.

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
Rather than including toggles for everything, if specific enemies telegraphed to the player what kinds of kinks they're focused on during the fight there will be no need to outright add or remove content from the game. If the game's entire focus is going to be femdom, you don't necessarily need to include any non-femdom content. As long as you make it clear when explaining the game on threads and the main menu that's what the game is, you're fine. The key in adult games is to never surprise your audience with what's included in sexual content.

Since it sounds like you're going for relatively general appeal after the femdom aspect, the other thing to keep in mind is that most people won't have the exact same set of kinks as you do, so try to avoid mixing and matching the same set of kinks with every character. Stick with just femdom as the focus and nothing else, so all other characters and enemies should have entirely different sub kinks. Again, the player should always know what those are before they agree to any sex (losing a fair fight is consenting in a game like CoC).

The other question worth thinking about is whether or not you will allow the player to turn things around and if that will be added to the game's focus. CoC and TiTS are switch games, where you rape or be raped. This is in and of itself a bit of a niche, since most people aren't switches. It does mean that both subs and doms will find the game interesting. However, it makes it harder to make a full game if you double the number of sex scenes you need to write in order to allow for PC dom scenes. If you make it just PC sub, it will be easier to write the game and the people who do like PC sub will like the game more since there's more content for them.

With regards to pairings and female PCs, that also doubles up the number of sex scenes unless you make liberal use of things like strap-ons, anal, and oral scenes that can be universal. Don't commit to a female PC option unless you really feel that will add to what you're trying to accomplish and you'd be happy to write. Similarly, don't feel compelled to write lots of futa content if you really don't like it. You've decided your focus should be femdom, so use that as the basis for the game. Kinks like futa should be a minority, possibly even confined to a single NPC or enemy.

Machiavelli

Jan 17, 2017
Rather than including toggles for everything, if specific enemies telegraphed to the player what kinds of kinks they're focused on during the fight there will be no need to outright add or remove content from the game. If the game's entire focus is going to be femdom, you don't necessarily need to include any non-femdom content. As long as you make it clear when explaining the game on threads and the main menu that's what the game is, you're fine. The key in adult games is to never surprise your audience with what's included in sexual content.

Since it sounds like you're going for relatively general appeal after the femdom aspect, the other thing to keep in mind is that most people won't have the exact same set of kinks as you do, so try to avoid mixing and matching the same set of kinks with every character. Stick with just femdom as the focus and nothing else, so all other characters and enemies should have entirely different sub kinks. Again, the player should always know what those are before they agree to any sex (losing a fair fight is consenting in a game like CoC).

The other question worth thinking about is whether or not you will allow the player to turn things around and if that will be added to the game's focus. CoC and TiTS are switch games, where you rape or be raped. This is in and of itself a bit of a niche, since most people aren't switches. It does mean that both subs and doms will find the game interesting. However, it makes it harder to make a full game if you double the number of sex scenes you need to write in order to allow for PC dom scenes. If you make it just PC sub, it will be easier to write the game and the people who do like PC sub will like the game more since there's more content for them.

With regards to pairings and female PCs, that also doubles up the number of sex scenes unless you make liberal use of things like strap-ons, anal, and oral scenes that can be universal. Don't commit to a female PC option unless you really feel that will add to what you're trying to accomplish and you'd be happy to write. Similarly, don't feel compelled to write lots of futa content if you really don't like it. You've decided your focus should be femdom, so use that as the basis for the game. Kinks like futa should be a minority, possibly even confined to a single NPC or enemy.

This is a particularly helpful response, and I appreciate it. I myself am a switch, so I have the capability to dream up both sides of a scene and write both, but I haven't decided if that's to be the case yet or not. Like you said, I've decided on the basis to be femdom, and I do feel that adding in the reversal aspect takes away from that. And I agree adding in the option for the PC to be female complicates matters considerably, and that's why if it happens, it will be a secondary priority.

I appreciate your feedback and your input, having some knowledge from someone who has already had experience with making a game is a great help since I'm just starting out in this.

p4p

Aug 20, 2016
I'm mostly interested in filling the femdom niche, as few adult games fit into such a genre.
I tend to think of things sideways, but my initial thought: what if instead of having the PC getting stuck in the mirror dimension, several of the Isla Femme women got stuck on Earth? The PC would be the lucky guy that happens to be there to help them along the way, starting with the initial scene where they each lay a permanent claim to him, and ending with the PC living out the inevitable role of life-long servant to one or all of the women!

Gameplay? I could see it being a life sim thing where you have to schedule the life of the PC. The player would need to balance work time with time spent serving each of the women. A goal could be to find time to teach the women skills useful to our world so that they could contribute to the household financially and such. Say for example you teach one of them how to find work as a dominatrix and get passive income that way. Or they could learn less sexual jobs like accounting if the player prefers an exclusive harem of masters (is that a thing?). I'd expect the women to be unique and have talents that they'd be most suited to. Teaching them the wrong things would be punishable of course.

Sex wise, the women would constantly give the PC conflicting commands for what to do throughout the day, causing a perpetual 'lose/lose' scenario. That way the player has agency while still being a slave. An actual loss would be upsetting a woman to the point where the PC gets locked up and sexually used for long enough that they'd lose their job which somehow ends things.

They'd need to learn dressing skills by of course having the PC try things on first, probably wear feminine clothes to work and such. Similar case with makeup. And if you are into the cuckold thing the women could force the PC to watch as they find and use more suitable men. I could go on, but I'll stop there.

The Silver Bard

Sep 2, 2015
I'm always a fan of filling gaps in the market. If you see unfulfilled demand for femdom in the adult games community, I say go for it. With that said, if you are going pure femdom where the player cannot reverse the situation, you can't simply lift the mechanics from CoC. CoC is a switch game by necessity, because the systems make both victory and defeat reasonable and acceptable outcomes. If conflict with a female opponent is thematically a no-win situation, you need to build your mechanics to reflect that from the ground up.

You need to find a way to make the game satisfying to play while mechanically disincentivizing combat (or at least disincentivizing victory in combat). This throws traditional RPG gameplay out the window, since those systems rely on seeking out combat to improve your character. The first question you need to figure out is how the player can seek his goals without being able to defeat his enemies. That will give you a starting point for your mechanics.

Will he placate his enemies ala Undertale? I recently put together a design with that basis and it seems like a reasonable idea to implement.
Will he avoid them? Then you need to implement a stealth system in a text base game. I've never seen it done, but it's probably possible with some clever mechanics.
Does losing help him progress somehow? You need to find a way to make that fun.

If you have your goal and your means, but still need some mechanics, look everywhere you can. Indie games are experimenting a lot with weird and clever mechanics that you can adopt. Also definitely look at board games, card games, and pen and paper RPGs. Those are essentially game mechanics in a box. There's a treasure trove of great mechanical designs in those mediums that are being ignored by most video game designers.

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
I'm always a fan of filling gaps in the market. If you see unfulfilled demand for femdom in the adult games community, I say go for it. With that said, if you are going pure femdom where the player cannot reverse the situation, you can't simply lift the mechanics from CoC. CoC is a switch game by necessity, because the systems make both victory and defeat reasonable and acceptable outcomes. If conflict with a female opponent is thematically a no-win situation, you need to build your mechanics to reflect that from the ground up.

You need to find a way to make the game satisfying to play while mechanically disincentivizing combat (or at least disincentivizing victory in combat). This throws traditional RPG gameplay out the window, since those systems rely on seeking out combat to improve your character. The first question you need to figure out is how the player can seek his goals without being able to defeat his enemies. That will give you a starting point for your mechanics.

Will he placate his enemies ala Undertale? I recently put together a design with that basis and it seems like a reasonable idea to implement.
Will he avoid them? Then you need to implement a stealth system in a text base game. I've never seen it done, but it's probably possible with some clever mechanics.
Does losing help him progress somehow? You need to find a way to make that fun.

If you have your goal and your means, but still need some mechanics, look everywhere you can. Indie games are experimenting a lot with weird and clever mechanics that you can adopt. Also definitely look at board games, card games, and pen and paper RPGs. Those are essentially game mechanics in a box. There's a treasure trove of great mechanical designs in those mediums that are being ignored by most video game designers.
Designing the game's mechanics around the idea that you can't defeat the enemies outright would be interesting, though not absolutely necessary. There are many games that have nothing happen when the player wins or loses, but stuff does happen in the opposite case (ex: you capture and rape your enemy vs your enemy killing you and going straight to a game over screen). It's one of those things that should be considered carefully and also depends on how much time and effort you want to put into the game design.

Machiavelli, if you do want to go ahead with a game that features a more detailed or interesting design, please share your ideas here once you've got some basics figured out for mechanics and adult content. I would be very interested in what you come up with and offer thoughts or suggestions like Bard has.

frost_death

Nov 24, 2016
So, the major question I'm asking is whether or not there is an audience for this kind of game, and what that audience wants to see.
Yes, this is intresting theme for me, ready to patreonize the development if it will be promising.
but you'd also have to gather enough food to survive, build up character and equipment to hold your own
I think it will be intresting mechanic if the game will have a survival aspect and player will have a choice somehow get the food by himself or go serve women if he dont wont to die starving or even want to get smth of value from her after getting enough "standing" (like one of the way to finish the game will be to collect "artifcats" that each woman possess). But serving should influence the PC somehow, even in unrealistic way because who cares if it's hot enough, maybe mistress will slowly transform your body or mind (or both) the way she wants to see you (depends on her fetish-type) or her training may have irreparable infuence on PC(Also I think that Training should be very important aspect of the game if it's about Femdom). And you will need to escape from her as soon as possible if the price is too high in your opinion. And yeah, I think Fantasy theme is much more fitting to this theme (especially because it's kinda Island with tribes, kinda amazones) than Sci-Fi. Sci-fi helps when it comes to traveling to a different worlds and encountering xeno-species. Regular kinky things like collars, cells, chains, cuffs etc is medieval-fantasy themed. And it will be very easy to attract audience with popular monster girl stuff. Because all the games about monster girls(which can be very humanized) is mostly about CoC's system rape her/got raped/get raped willingly. Only modded version have somewhat content about femdom behaviour as a captive of succubus in a jail. And for Sci-fi I see 2 types creatures: furry type xenos like in TiTS or slime/tentacle/alien-facehugger type like in Parasite Infection. Both of this, as I may guess, not something you are planning to focus.

BTW also recommending you to create same topic on http://www.hypnopics-collective.net/ and maybe http://www.tfgamessite.com/ if it will have even somehow related content (I think it's not even required) to attract as much people as possible.

Last edited:

MotoKuchoma

Nov 3, 2015
A Problem with the design of fetish games in regards to being top or bottom is that games inherently allow the player full control over their experience. If you want an idea/inspiration for how to design a system for a femdom kinda game I suggest - even at the risk of starting a flame war - to look at what Depression Quest did. It's CYOA style game with multiple options to choose in each situation. However, since the PC in that game is depressive, the easy, obvious or healthy choices are often not available and are simply crossed out by the game if you don't have any help forcing you to choose between bad ideas
A similar approach to that game can be made for a femdom game. Maybe you have a willpower stat and when faced with a too dominant character options like fighting back get blocked. Your game is supposed to be non-con femdom, even a sub would see the point in resisting to be subdued, but unlike CoC where you compete for dominance, a fight in your game would not play out with combat and RPG mechanics but would probably just be a simple skill check to see where you end up. Managing your mental status (submission, willpower, arousal, whatever you wanna think off) is a lot more interesting for a game than another "RPG combat, but with sex". A game where your character might be too frightened or intimidated to even attempt to fight sounds like a lot of fun, or worse, you might not even get the option to flee etc.

generalr

Aug 14, 2016
Hey, I'm toying with a project like this as well! I hope your project goes well and there will be a few new games like this popping up this year, the market definitely needs more of them

frost_death

Nov 24, 2016
Hey, I'm toying with a project like this as well! I hope your project goes well and there will be a few new games like this popping up this year, the market definitely needs more of them
Any links for development topic or something?

Langtry

Jan 29, 2017
I really like this idea. There's an odd lack of femdom games for some reason, which is weird as I'd expect there to be a market for it given that there's a market for it within other mediums. There are some big femdom sites. hentai, etc.

I mean there's Monster Girl stuff and the odd game with a femdom route or scene but nothing with it as the main focus.

I'm okay with either a science fiction or fantasy setting. Even a contemporary setting would be fine but I'd prefer one of the former.

I'd like for there to be a variety fetishes, reverse rape, foot stuff, sadism, spanking, pegging, slavery, milking, etc.

Different factions or characters that treat men in different ways - sliding scale of harshness - would be nice also. Failing that I personally would like it to be on the harsh side.

Machiavelli

Jan 17, 2017
All right all, I've been out for a while, but I'm actually going to get into the work of this here soon. I've got a few scenes written, and I'm currently working on a framework for the code. I'm most familiar with Java, so that will likely be the platform I write in, though I'm still figuring out GUIs. In other words, there's been enough interest in this since I posted it to make me want to write this game and make it happen, so look for updates! I'll get an actual project thread started at some point here soon.

If anyone has experience writing GUIs in JavaFX, I'd more than welcome assistance and material to learn with.

As for the things mentioned here, I may do away with the combat aspect (as previously mentioned, that works in CoC, etc. because they are switch games), and instead work with the idea that you may have to interact/serve various women in order to obtain resources. I've also decided that male characters will be the only ones available at start and (perhaps) a female character experience can be later developed. There will likely be a variety of fetishes and a varying degree of intensity, but not so much as a setting as a choice in game, if that makes sense.

I'm still willing to hear thoughts and suggestions, and I'll be starting the code within the week, as I've just hit summer break from college, so I'll have time to spare.

Machiavelli

Jan 17, 2017
Machiavellian Games website is up, and I will post updates both on this thread and that site as they become available. Hopefully this will just be the first project of many!

frost_death

Nov 24, 2016
Oh shit, you are actually didn't drop this idea. Looking forward to your progress. But where I can find a link to your website?
I've also decided that male characters will be the only ones available at start
Characters? You mean we will have pre-designed set of them to choose which one to start? And also whats the main story about? it's still as you said, something about Sci-fi?

Last edited:

Machiavelli

Jan 17, 2017
Oh shit, you are actually didn't drop this idea. Looking forward to your progress. But where I can find a link to your website?
Characters? You mean we will have pre-designed set of them to choose which one to start? And also whats the main story about? it's still as you said, something about Sci-fi?
The website can be found at nickmachiavelli7.wixsite.com/mysitehttps://nickmachiavelli7.wixsite.com/mysite
I'd make it something more friendly, but I'm a college student without the funds for a server/domain.

As for characters! The current plan is you'll pick a background (I'm sticking with fantasy, so they'll be histories and backgrounds of that vein), skin tone, eye color, hair color. I may, depending on feedback, add more customization options. Each characteristic may appear in play and scenes, and background affects your starting stats. The main story is mostly trying to survive on this island, especially at first, when food and supplies are the main goal. However, there are more combat-oriented areas that will allow the player to obtain powerful artifacts that will aid them through the game, as well as unlock a portal to escape the island. It's worth noting here that the 'escape' storyline will not be the only one. As I build this, I'm likely to come up with more ideas, and I'm already toying with a possibility of inciting a rebellion amongst the males on the island. Of course, depending on how you play the game, that may or may not work out.

frost_death

Nov 24, 2016
The website can be found at nickmachiavelli7.wixsite.com/mysite
I'd make it something more friendly, but I'm a college student without the funds for a server/domain.

As for characters! The current plan is you'll pick a background (I'm sticking with fantasy, so they'll be histories and backgrounds of that vein), skin tone, eye color, hair color. I may, depending on feedback, add more customization options. Each characteristic may appear in play and scenes, and background affects your starting stats. The main story is mostly trying to survive on this island, especially at first, when food and supplies are the main goal. However, there are more combat-oriented areas that will allow the player to obtain powerful artifacts that will aid them through the game, as well as unlock a portal to escape the island. It's worth noting here that the 'escape' storyline will not be the only one. As I build this, I'm likely to come up with more ideas, and I'm already toying with a possibility of inciting a rebellion amongst the males on the island. Of course, depending on how you play the game, that may or may not work out.
You have issues with your site, just in case. Nothing important but still https://i.gyazo.com/83db0ba9a61ff50b22ba85145ff7fd20.png

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
You should add your links to the OP and try to keep it updated with the general information about the game. You don't need to update it with every little detail, but the short description should be accurate to the current version and design and there should be links to where people can find the game when it's available.

Machiavelli

Jan 17, 2017
You should add your links to the OP and try to keep it updated with the general information about the game. You don't need to update it with every little detail, but the short description should be accurate to the current version and design and there should be links to where people can find the game when it's available.
Will do! Thanks!

Lazarus75

Jul 1, 2017
So has there been any news in regards to this game? This is a really interesting concept, and I've been really excited about it.

Machiavelli

Jan 17, 2017
So has there been any news in regards to this game? This is a really interesting concept, and I've been really excited about it.
Sorry for the long absence, I've been busy. There has been progress! I'm actually writing game content right now into Twine 2 Sugarcube - the same development software used to produce Free Cities, if you're familiar. I don't have a release date planned, but there is progress!

Machiavelli

Jan 17, 2017
Now accepting any ideas for locations on the island! I've massively changed the framework for how the game will function, and will be updating and removing information on my website to match.