Emerald's Art and Doodle Thread (What's New; Back from the Dead)

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
great pics but... that face on it just kills it for me... especially that nose... that fucking nose... it makes me think of M. Jackson *shudders*

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
For fucks sake.
I'm not good at drawing human faces. At all.. I don't know how to make myself more clear than this. :/

I drew humanoid faces with the Raskvel shit before and posted them here and you guys liked the pics in the end. Idk what happened to make that opinion turn on it's head. All this is doing is ruining my confidence in drawing humanoids in the future.

I get it. The face doesn't look the best, I'm well aware. Just stop.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lone Wolf115

Draconoid

Feb 14, 2017
Atlantic side of the USA
Each of those specimens has a slightly different jaw length and structure. The second to last one has a much longer muzzle than the rest. They aren't even the same face.

Also dat bust :yes:

Doodlecat

Dec 13, 2016
Argentina
For fucks sake.
I'm not good at drawing human faces. At all.. I don't know how to make myself more clear than this. :/

I drew humanoid faces with the Raskvel shit before and posted them here and you guys liked the pics in the end. Idk what happened to make that opinion turn on it's head. All this is doing is ruining my confidence in drawing humanoids in the future.

An artist knowing his limits is a good artist.
It means you know exactly what you can do well, and at the same time you have room for improving what you can't.
Right now, you're in the good side.
Fuck if someone don't like this or that, you'll never appeal everyone's tastes. Do your good stuff, and people who like it will show up. Practice what you don't do good, and take people's critics: after all you'll learn from it and get better, while most people criticizing likely will never be able to do a doodle.

And build your confidence in what you do well!:
-Very organic. Your characters look like flesh and skin and fur, and not just a generic photoshop shading.
-Proportioned. It's obvious what kind of characters are you focusing, and that's all your skill, not cheap tricks.
-Coloring. I wish I had half the skill with the damned photoshop.
-Emotion. Two bunny-boys are kissing. That's thanks to the organic looks, and you manage to give them feeling.

(Now, technically:
you're accustomed to draw furry faces, that means you do a lot of nuzzles. When drawing a human face, imagine you push that nuzzle back. If the nose gives you trouble, imagine it's a little elongated piramid, set the shadows from there.
To be more specific:
the furry nose has two imaginary paralel lines running from the nostrils up to the brow.
A human nose has those lines from the nostrils, but they don't run paralel, they run up and meet at a third imaginary line in the middle.)

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
All this is doing is ruining my confidence in drawing humanoids in the future.

Way to treat with criticism of a single piece. If you put something out there, you are opening it up to criticism and comment. When someone posts a piece on here that sparks something within me and I express it via thread post, I like to point out why I'm doing it regardless of what I have to say is something positive or negative. You seem to be a great artist already and it'd be a shame if you assumed that anything that's not praise is aimed to hurt you or attack your skills.

Each of those specimens has a slightly different jaw length and structure. The second to last one has a much longer muzzle than the rest. They aren't even the same face.
I could post or PM you (I do not want to derail the thread now that I explained what I meant to Emerald) more examples if you want to know what I mean. Like ZinkShecoat stated, that pose is absurdly dime a dozen in furry art, but the "cheeky" stare and the smirk are what sells it, not the shape of a muzzle or a jaw. After all, a bird or an insectile anthropomorphic character could sport these features too.

while most people criticizing likely will never be able to do a doodle.
Whilst I do agree with what you said (Emerald knows what she's doing artistically speaking), I thought that the likes of "try to surpass me before critizising me" had disappeared when Windows Live Messenger did. What will be next, "you say this because you envy the artist"? I am okay with my MSPaint doodle skills, thankyouverymuch :p

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com

Doodlecat

Dec 13, 2016
Argentina
Whilst I do agree with what you said (Emerald knows what she's doing artistically speaking), I thought that the likes of "try to surpass me before critizising me" had disappeared when Windows Live Messenger did. What will be next, "you say this because you envy the artist"? I am okay with my MSPaint doodle skills, thankyouverymuch :p

I dunno what that WLM remark means (being a foreigner, and someone that isn't one of the "internets people", I tend to miss 99% of those comments. Consider me the hillbilly of the forum :p ), but I wasn't aiming particularly at yo or your doodleing skills lol!

In any case, that's why I said to Emerald to actually pay attention to critics, is the way to learn ("we only learn from defeats" said Alexander?). Rough as they might sound, critics help a lot. Most will be bullshit and just trolling ("I don't like it"), but those saying "this [insert specifics] looks ugly, that looks weird" is useful, you (the artist) might have missed a detail, or really don't know how to solve it.

Basically, what I'm saying:
you can ignore easily some comments that don't aport anything. But if there's a lot more pointing out something specific, it is worth listening. Don't get down or depressed, it means people is actually paying attention to your work, which is always a good thing.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Aren't Betamax tapes still used, tho? I mean, not as a commercial product, but a professional one?

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Been a while since I posted something here. Didn't have anything to really show you guys until now. ^^'

Started recently sketching a little thing. I was in the sudden random mood to create my own fanmade species/race, and then this guy happened.
Moth Bun Race1.png
Haven't thought of a good name for him yet, names are the hardest part for me to do..
But they're basically supposed to be a mix of lagomorph and moth, and sorta inspired by Giza Rabbits (Which I just NOW found out existed) from Final Fantasy. Naturally born feminine in body, but all identify socially as male, small in size (I'm talking maybe 3 or 4 feet in height), fluffy, and yet hung in the genital area.
They're also an entirely monogendered/monosexed race of trappy moth-bunny boys because come on this is ME we're talking about here. lol So the idea may or may not not be up everyone's ally.
I know I know, some people are sick of bugs and bug-like species at this point. But this idea was entirely out of my self-indulgence.
I mean come on, moths and bunnies are cute! So why not?

Hope you like them. I'll line and color these sketches later, but for now have the rough sketch.

Last edited:

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Oh btw, that bust of the Raskvel Female will actually be getting in the game at some point in the future. So Wooo. *Toots*

Last edited:

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Do these rabbits have a tendency to be high?
I don't get it, what do you mean? I feel like I'm missing something. o.o

Last edited:

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Moth Bun Race.png
I colored it. They come in other pastel colors like blue, green, and purple and all that but I wanted to show the pink one just because. :3
He's so cute and I love how he came out and aaaaa

Last edited:

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Oh yeah, speaking of AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-ing..
Have this thing I'm using for my Discord Icon.
Moth Bun Icon.png
He screaming for some other guy's D. >w>

Last edited:

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
So what kind of meat are they equipped with? Is it just sheathed human willies, or are their big boners a bit more bestial? (Alliteration ftw)

EDIT: They're fucking him, and then they're gonna fuck me... oh my goooooooood.

Last edited:

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
Oh yeah, speaking of AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-ing..
Have this thing I'm using for my Discord Icon.
View attachment 4897

Pretty much what I was thinking, or "Whoa man... What if like, our whole lives are actually just a cartoon kids in another dimension watch?"

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
So what kind of meat are they equipped with? Is it just sheathed human willies, or are their big boners a bit more bestial? (Alliteration ftw)
Not gonna have sheathed human peens, too easy to me in terms of choice. The dick design is still something I'm needing to think about and thus draw out, as these guys are still a very new idea to me, and I really don't wanna stick with a simple cone design or anything like that.
I'm gonna see what I can do for a bestial look for their bits. Prehensile and nubbed are two ideas that come to mind, but we shall see.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Fem Raskvel Bust made it into backers. Woot!

Reactions: RanmaChan

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Not gonna have sheathed human peens, too easy to me in terms of choice. The dick design is still something I'm needing to think about and thus draw out, as these guys are still a very new idea to me, and I really don't wanna stick with a simple cone design or anything like that.
I'm gonna see what I can do for a bestial look for their bits. Prehensile and nubbed are two ideas that come to mind, but we shall see.
Why not both?

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
While I'm working on developing the mothbuns (Doing a dick design in a sketch or two atm to get a good design concept, and a codex for funsies), I doodled some more Avery. Been a while since I updated so I figured I post a pic of his butt really getting it.
Avery Anal+Knot.png

Last edited:

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
And another. Just now finished this.
Another trap boi, a full-blooded Rodenian at that. I have yet to give him a name. (Can't think of one rn)
Rodanian Boi Bust resized.png
And since it's a Rodenian, no doubt I'm gonna probably draw something weird involving him at some point in the future. (Lol To think I was grossed out by the whole 'eargina' thing they got going on, now I'm thinking about making use of it in a pic. x3)
But for now, a simple bust. Ears are puffy looking compared to how I wanted them to look, but I think he came out super cute looking imo. c:

Last edited:

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Been a while since I updated this. I was working on more personal art than anything even slightly remotely TiTS related.

WIP of my more recent Avery Pinup, a sorta undressing pic, decided to hide the bits this time for this one. Really loved how I did the bodyshape though, really shows off that bottomheavy look he's supposed to have.
I'll color it later.
AveryBack1.png

Also was working on a ref for my sona the past few days, not TiTS related at all, more so Pokemon but I figured I show them.
Emerald the Foodog Arcanine/Umbreon hybrid (Hence the colors, I was super into Pokemon hybrids when I created them), basically the main sona behind my forum name. Originally was a female sona, but I recently redesigned 'em to a femboy instead and changed some aspects of his personality so that he's not a direct representation of me.
Now instead Em's a sassy salty boi that I'll actually have fun drawing smut in and not feel weird and uncomfortable about showing publicly.
Emerald_Femboy_Solo.png

There's a full reference sheet version, but wanted to show the transparent version of just him for here, as that's the only part worth showing. :p
Hope you guys don't mind me posting more personal arts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zat and SoAndSo

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Been dead here for a month. So I figured I update some more. Unfortunately no TiTS fan stuff as of late. I've completely lost my drive to consider drawing for it entirely for reasons. So I've just been drawing for myself as of late. Hopefully that hasn't drained anyone's interest for my work. >.>
Gonna be a long post. Just been wanting to show some arts I've been doing lately. I've made them thumbnails so that I'm not fugging up anyone's browser some more. These pics are still huge in full size tho.

First one is a commish I did for a best friend of mine, a pokemon themed one. I know I said I won't take commissions, I'm still not, but atm I'm just not publicly announcing that I'm taking them. This was negotiated in private, because I wanted to slowly, ever so slowly work my way up to getting the confidence to do commissions, and in doing so I've restricted them to friends for the time being. I still have some issues I need to settle with myself in terms of doing them (In terms of speed and delivery) before I can actually go in, make a public post/journal, and be all "GET A PIC FROM ME!". Because this one had me resending it constantly through Discord PMs because I forget to turn on a certain layer or forgot to line something or forgot to color something in and so on, little things you won't notice until you actually post it online (Thestruggle). I'm just glad said friend that paid for this was very patient with me in the end.
Anyways, flat-colored, simple BG Pokemon themed pic with our FCs, her Monferno and my Pignite, also 'Harem' themed, hence the jewelry all around. Based off a rp me and my friend got going on that's based off the setting. They aren't that soft in colors, I just used a pink filter to try and experiment and it just came out looking even cuter (To me and my bud anyways).
Pigferno_Harem Marriage.png

Personal arts. Solo pic of my sona Emerald, wanted to actually put him in something so that he wasn't thought to be running around completely naked all the time. Went with something nice and sorta flamboyant-looking. No underwear tho because fuck trying to draw those with balls that big. On that note I'm veering super close to hyper territory without even meaning to, then again it's gonna be borderlining considering how lithe he is meant to be, in comparison. lol
Emeralddickclothed.png

Pin-Up of my secondary pokesona, going by the name of Adrian, the name being another alias I go by on Discord. He's a bisexual Azumarill trap that wears stockings almost 24/7 and has a great ass. The reason for the dialogue he's got there in the pic is because he's a character I hadn't drawn for a whopping 9 months due to the fact that most of his character development (Which I do through private RP) was tied to a certain baggage regarding an ex-friend I wanna forget at this point, to the point I wasn't really wanting to draw the guy for a while. He basically is going through a rebound regarding that. Just that a part of his development is cut in terms of said friend and interactions with them.
He's also probably the only character others would call a 'true trap', because he's not only androgynous (In a way), he also got dat rabbit anatomy, and due to that he has the ability to retract/hide some of his bits. Usually due to stress, naturally, but even then he lets them out when he's fully relaxed with his flings, so you wouldn't know he got a dick until you get him hot and bothered and liking ya.
AdrianSign.png

I'll probably post some more I've done later, depending on the feedback/interest, or just whenever I want to. Sorry for the long post or that it's not really anything too 'interesting'.

Last edited:
Reactions: Night Trap