Item Duplication Bug in debug mode

Anonymous Cheese

Jul 21, 2017
So upon my first encounter with Raphael, I encountered a somewhat overpowered bug. When first equipping the Red Bodysuit, it remained in my inventory, but was simultaneously equipped. At first I didn't notice this, so when I saw the bodysuit still in my inventory, I thought I must have forgotten to equip it. However, when I equipped it a second time, the same thing happened as before, and I found myself wearing one red bodysuit, now with two in my inventory. I repeated this several times until I had 6 bodysuits in total; one on my body and five in a single inventory slot.

At first I thought that this wouldn't affect gameplay that much, until I remembered the pawn shop. It took me about five minutes to max out the gem counter at "++++".

After further testing, I've figured out that this happens only in debug mode, because items are not consumed in debug mode. However, since equipping clothing and weapons does not consume the items, the item is instead duplicated. This isn't that game breaking, since it's only available in debug mode, but it's by far the fastest known way to exploit gems in the game and can be done as soon as the pawn shop is available.

This could probably be fixed without much trouble, depending on how the code for item consumption is written. items such as clothing and weapons could have an extra modifier that allows for them to be consumed even in debug mode.

Bug1.PNG Bug2.PNG Bug3.PNG

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
I think back in past when Fen made CoC he may been aware that debug can be used to make tons of gems by equipping and deequipping 1-2 items to clone them. And then I'm quessing he thought it won't be huge issue to let some of people close some items few times. Only way it would be added (the part of code making items like armors/weapons not been copied) may be done in one of mods. Not a chance anyone will add this in vanilla version.