Syris old portrait?

Jan 19, 2017
So I finally updated my game (last time was... 7.20? Around that) And since I'm an idiot I deleted my old game and all it's saves.
Long story short, I get to mhenga and Syri no longer has her old portrait, instead, replaced with one that gives her a different skin color entirely.
What did I miss?

Lkynmbr24

Creator
Oct 30, 2016
To reopen this can of worms; the old one was removed because a newer, more accurate Cheshire bust was made. Having two Cheshire busts of the same character would have taken some unnecessary programming to do to make two artist categories for Cheshire's busts, so FenCo decided to use the newer bust and delete the old one. The new one corrects Syri's skin color, as well as her hair color as well to be more accurate to her in-game description.

Jan 19, 2017
To reopen this can of worms; the old one was removed because a newer, more accurate Cheshire bust was made. Having two Cheshire busts of the same character would have taken some unnecessary programming to do to make two artist categories for Cheshire's busts, so FenCo decided to use the newer bust and delete the old one. The new one corrects Syri's skin color, as well as her hair color as well to be more accurate to her in-game description.
Is there no way to change it back? I personally really liked the old one, not so much the new one.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
You could just recompile every time, lol.

Koshka

Oct 2, 2015
Why does everyone saying that her new bust is more accurate, while her introduction scene mentions her as "a buxom xeno with a pair of perky wolf-ears towering over her pale, almost human face"?

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Why does everyone saying that her new bust is more accurate, while her introduction scene mentions her as "a buxom xeno with a pair of perky wolf-ears towering over her pale, almost human face"?
Everyone kinda started drawing her with tanned or brown skin, so I guess it just stuck?

TheDevilYouKnow

Oct 21, 2015
Just a small oversight that never got fixed. The current bust is more accurate; you can even ask Savin.

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
That is an oversight. Because all other mentions of her skin tone describe her as somewhat tanned. someone ought to report it to the bug section

Also when asked, Savin (her author) she has a darker skin tone.

Last edited:

HugsAlright

Pets'R'Us
Creator
Jul 11, 2016

Hey, dumb-butt.

I talked with her author when getting art of Syri, and he described her skin-tone as "very light middle-eastern," and other scenes mention her skin being sun-kissed. Dark waifus are better waifus.

Also you can't tell me that makeup and blue nail-polish ain't the best fucking thing.

Reactions: JDeko

Heather_Trails

Jan 20, 2016
Yeah, old bust was better bust. Also the old one looked much more like Anno's sister than the new one. Now it's hard to even think of them as related.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Yeah, old bust was better bust. Also the old one looked much more like Anno's sister than the new one. Now it's hard to even think of them as related.
Well you (By 'you' I mean the PC) don't even know they were related until you meet Anno anyways, and you don't really know they are twins until Syri tells ya. That's kinda the point, you don't know until they actually tell you.

Also, have ya ever heard of Fraternal Twins? Two people that ARE twins but look nothing alike to be classed as identical? That's actually a thing that exists, and that's what the Dornas are. Identical twins don't exactly exist in dog litters like real dogs, which is what Ausar tend to imitate because doge people and they have litters. Near every pup in a regular dog's litter is fraternal, no one pup in a litter is exactly identical in any way, shape, or form..

Not all twins are identical twins, ya know. I'm not entirely sure why there are those that think one isn't a twin unless they look alike. It's all down to when they were born. Whether they look entirely identical or not, if they were born on the same day, they're twins regardless of how different they are to the eye.

Last edited:

Heather_Trails

Jan 20, 2016
Well you (By 'you' I mean the PC) don't even know they were related until you meet Anno anyways, and you don't really know they are twins until Syri tells ya. That's kinda the point, you don't know until they actually tell you.

Also, have ya ever heard of Fraternal Twins? Two people that ARE twins but look nothing alike to be classed as identical? That's actually a thing that exists, and that's what the Dornas are. Identical twins don't exactly exist in dog litters like real dogs, which is what Ausar tend to imitate because doge people and they have litters. Near every pup in a regular dog's litter is fraternal, no one pup in a litter is exactly identical in any way, shape, or form..

Not all twins are identical twins, ya know. I'm not entirely sure why there are those that think one isn't a twin unless they look alike. It's all down to when they were born. Whether they look entirely identical or not, if they were born on the same day, they're twins regardless of how different they are to the eye.

I'm not even talking about being twins, I never once even mentioned twins. Completely forgot about that, acutally. I'm talking about coming from the same parents, either at one time or years apart. They look nothing alike now. And sure, maybe they got mods to change themselves, whatever. I'm just saying it's hard to picture them as sisters, twin or otherwise.

HugsAlright

Pets'R'Us
Creator
Jul 11, 2016
I'm not even talking about being twins, I never once even mentioned twins. Completely forgot about that, acutally. I'm talking about coming from the same parents, either at one time or years apart. They look nothing alike now. And sure, maybe they got mods to change themselves, whatever. I'm just saying it's hard to picture them as sisters, twin or otherwise.

And you could tell they were related from the original Chesh bust how?

Better yet, why don't you tell me about the perfect resemblance of Inessa and Xanthe in their busts?

Astra and Shade?

Kiro and Kally?

Reactions: Lkynmbr24

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com

Lkynmbr24

Creator
Oct 30, 2016

What I more-so wonder is, why the heck are people getting so uptight (and coming off sounding entitled) about a bust change that the author themselves deemed was more accurate? The whole continued over-reaction over the change of bust is pretty unneeded from a LOT of people that complain about it, mainly because (guess what) it isn't their character!!! Even during the development of the game, the author DOES have the right to change something up if they feel its necessary, and in this case, it was an admin of the game.

Now can we please stop seeing these unnecessary complaints about Syri's old bust? It's getting real old.

WTDnnwE.gif

Last edited:

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Man you guys don't know the half of it. When people on 4chan pirate the latest backer's build, they make sure to include a version exactly the same but with the old Cheshire bust.

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
The game mentions her as a "ravenette" a few times, which I took to mean black-haired, but the bust has brown hair.

Edit: Sorry, I'm not trying to start another argument, just kinda curious about that.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Ehh too bad Fen can't (as it unpractical) doing two build each time. One with old and one with new Syri pic. It would make both sides have what they want. Oh well life is not perfect.

Also Hugs having some feeling of been sibiling or twins can beget when both busts doing same artist so when some related npc's got they pics made not by the same person it will be looks liek they totaly unrelated aliens ^^

And I orta agree on Lkyn gif. Let not beat that horse too much anymore. better pick other Syri pic or turn showing any pic for her if the new one from Chess feel for any of you not fitting.

balitz Method

Aug 13, 2016
I haven't actually played the game in a while so I just loaded up a save to check.

It's probably because she's orange. The stoner chick look is kinda cool but the spray tan isn't.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
The front view instead of backside one ws probably better due to well showing PC face normaly not as when she looking sorta back and then only her profile. Probably cost of getting 2nd version of pic for Uveto interactions.

Heather_Trails

Jan 20, 2016
Ok, so I found an INCREDIBLY easy way to change out pictures in the game and no this isn't the ghetto way of putting a new window with the old picture over the game. This actually changes the picture in the game and there is no coding necessary and it uses a completely free program so this isn't a shill for some company, either. If people are alright with me explaining how in the forums so the mods never have to see these threads again, then I'll give a very short step by step on how to do it.

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
Ok, so I found an INCREDIBLY easy way to change out pictures in the game and no this isn't the ghetto way of putting a new window with the old picture over the game. This actually changes the picture in the game and there is no coding necessary and it uses a completely free program so this isn't a shill for some company, either. If people are alright with me explaining how in the forums so the mods never have to see these threads again, then I'll give a very short step by step on how to do it.
This sounds like a bad TV ad for some scam product.

chaincat

Mar 30, 2016
With one weird trick we can change back to the old portrait? Mods hate you? Tell me more! *clicks adblock*

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Just pull up the image online and look at it.

Seriously guys, no one faps to the busts. We just sort of look at them and be like "Oh, so that's what they look like."