What should/shouldn't go on a pizza?

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Kebab is great, doesn't turn the cheese into an oily mess and only gets dry when re-heated. Tastes good, too.

Pineapple sucks, juices spill over into everything, turning all other toppings and cheese into sugary crap.

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
Kebab is great, doesn't turn the cheese into an oily mess and only gets dry when re-heated. Tastes good, too.

Pineapple sucks, juices spill over into everything, turning all other toppings and cheese into sugary crap.

Depends, I've had Hawaiian pizza that didn't taste like crap or have juice issues, really it just depends on who is making the pizza.

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
What shouldn't go on pizza: genitals.

Thi

Apr 18, 2017
I prefer pizza without the dough >=3

On a serious note; even though I prefer meat on my pizza, vegan pizzas are surprisingly good(homemade of course).
Otherwise I don't really care as long as the chef is good at whatever s/he is doing =)

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Ovalini Mozzarella is the single greatest thing you can put on a pizza.

Ch0w

Apr 12, 2017

HERESY pineapple is great

Reactions: cobra

Glassboy

Sep 6, 2015
Ireland
Red onions, rocket leaves, chicken (preferably tandoori chicken), peppers, jalapenos, herbs, spices and ham are all great on pizza.

Anything sweet though should not be on a pizza. Sweetcorn or pineapple or example. >:c

Ch0w

Apr 12, 2017
The only acceptable pizza toppings: sauce, cheese, Canadian bacon/ham, and pineapple on rare occasions if you're feeling frisky. :D

If you put anything else on your pizza I regret to inform you that the machines are already inside you and you're little more than a government puppet, infected with insidious mind-controlling nanites.

Tuna Pizza ? Beef Stroganoff pizza ?

Ch0w

Apr 12, 2017
the only pizza i'm against are the Vegan ones, that's not a pizza that's a salad , brocolli pizza :confused:

Glassboy

Sep 6, 2015
Ireland
Realistically, pizza is merely a multipurpose flavor delivery mechanism
Firstly, that's an amazingly complicated way to say food.

But more importantly, it's not really pizza if there isn't bread, sauce and cheese.
dea2_enterprise_pizza_cutter.jpg
dea2_enterprise_pizza_cutter_inuse.jpg

Reactions: zelda_fan6284

Glassboy

Sep 6, 2015
Ireland
Like, a person couldn't just walk into a restaurant and say "give me a pizza"
Sure they could! Then they'd give you a plain cheese pizza.
Think about it though, if you ask for fried chicken you'd have to pick a sauce to go with it and up to 11 different herbs and spices. and that's basically just toppings for fried chicken.

Look there's clearly only one way to settle this, meet me after school, behind the P.E. hall for a rap battle to the DEATH.
97b8e54db06f3fc7165bee620c6ffcca-one-small-nothing-pizza-with-left-beef-please.jpg

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Pizza with sea food ingrets aside base one like cheese is interesting option too. But only those who will not go vomiting after eating slice or two ^^

zelda_fan6284

Kinds of pizzas I love and enjoy:

Deep-dish, meat lovers, with precooked broccoli, and anchovies.

Breakfast pizza: scrambled eggs, bacon, skillet fried potatoes, cream of broccoli soup for the sauce, with precooked broccoli, and topped with shredded Cheddar cheese and grated Parmesan.

Baked spaghetti surprise pizza (when I have leftover Baked spaghetti surprise)

I only like plain cheese. Yes, I'm one of those people, fucking deal with it!

Blah, weirdo alert.

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
To me Italian sausage is the best topping, followed by ham, ground beef, pepperoni, bacon, mushrooms and black olives.

There was one I had that was topped with salami, soppressata, and capicola. One of my favorites ever.

Reactions: Kesil

Thi

Apr 18, 2017
the only pizza i'm against are the Vegan ones, that's not a pizza that's a salad , brocolli pizza :confused:

Totally picking up what you are picking down(<- what?)

Now, I've eaten alot of pizzas that basically was "a salad on dough with some cheese and meat". I will not do brocolli pizza:eek::confused:

Reactions: J-Hope Trash

TresdeLeche

Aug 27, 2015
To me, anything that comes from some kind of animal is fair game. (Yes, this also includes milk) I've even put Anchovies on a meat lovers pizza before. Granted, it was salty as fuck, but it was pretty tasty. I'd probably do it again if I get that much of a craving for salty oily fish...or if I'm drunk enough.

The only protein ingredient I stay away from are eggs...because fuck eggs.

Most sweet things don't work with pizza unless the specific pizza calls for something sweet (such as the Hawaiian). Pineapples are the only sweet ingredient I'm willing to work with. Just like what alot of people stated, it doesn't taste like shit if someone know what they're doing.

What we also should talk about is sauce. Am I the only one that doesn't mind Alfredo sauce on a pizza?

Fengathor

Nov 17, 2016
Mole poblano sauce, with chicken and some fresh pico de gallo once it comes out of the oven.
One of the best pizzas I've ever had.

zelda_fan6284

the only pizza i'm against are the Vegan ones, that's not a pizza that's a salad , broccoli pizza :confused:

Totally picking up what you are picking down(<- what?)

Now, I've eaten a lot of pizzas that basically was "a salad on dough with some cheese and meat". I will not do broccoli pizza:eek::confused:

What you have against broccoli one of the best veges in the universe? You must have had it made wrong by an idiot, that is the only reason I will accept in terms of broccoli.

To me, anything that comes from some kind of animal is fair game. (Yes, this also includes milk) I've even put Anchovies on a meat lovers pizza before. Granted, it was salty as fuck, but it was pretty tasty. I'd probably do it again if I get that much of a craving for salty oily fish...or if I'm drunk enough.

The only protein ingredient I stay away from are eggs...because fuck eggs.

Most sweet things don't work with pizza unless the specific pizza calls for something sweet (such as the Hawaiian). Pineapples are the only sweet ingredient I'm willing to work with. Just like what a lot of people stated, it doesn't taste like shit if someone know what they're doing.

What we also should talk about is sauce. Am I the only one that doesn't mind Alfredo sauce on a pizza?

Thumbs up on the part about Anchovies.

What your problem with eggs? Eggs are awesome.

Pineapples now I know you need to be locked up in a loony bin.

I agree with you on the Alfredo sauce though.

On a spinach and mushroom pizza it's good.

Spinach and Mushroom really? Talk about insane and gross all rolled into one. Not to mention extremely gassy.

TresdeLeche

Aug 27, 2015
What your problem with eggs? Eggs are awesome.

It comes down to the mouth feel. Boiled eggs feel artificial and rubbery, while scrambled eggs feel slimy going down my throat. The texture overrides the taste (thought I don't really like the taste either) so I stay away from it.

Pineapples now I know you need to be locked up in a loony bin.

Say what you want, but I rather have Pineapples on my pizza than Bananas. It is monstrosities like bananas on pizzas that made me appreciate Pineapples in the first place.

zelda_fan6284

It comes down to the mouth feel. Boiled eggs feel artificial and rubbery, while scrambled eggs feel slimy going down my throat. The texture overrides the taste (thought I don't really like the taste either) so I stay away from it.

Say what you want, but I rather have Pineapples on my pizza than Bananas. It is monstrosities like bananas on pizzas that made me appreciate Pineapples in the first place.

You've probably had eggs prepared wrong, I know I have a few times had them prepared wrong and were nasty but I have also had them done right and were wonderful. Don't give up on eggs please.

When my dad makes scrambled eggs he mixes them in with fried potatoes.

I agree with you on Bananas but not on Pineapples those two fruits are a dessert item nothing more to me.

I always say what I want I let my opinions on things be well known.

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
Depends on what kind of pizza I suppose. If we're restricting pizza to dough, tomato paste, and cheese then there's lots of things that shouldn't go on a pizza. Primarily sweet fruits, anchovies (maybe fish in general but I don't think anyone puts any other kinds of fish on pizza), and anything spicy enough to drown out the flavor of the sauce. However, if cheese isn't a defining part of the pizza and sauces other than tomato paste can be used there's really no limit to what can be on a pizza. If you're ever in Little Rock they've got a place called Larry's Pizza that makes all kinds of pizzas, including desserts.

zelda_fan6284

Depends on what kind of pizza I suppose. If we're restricting pizza to dough, tomato paste, and cheese then there's lots of things that shouldn't go on a pizza. Primarily sweet fruits, anchovies (maybe fish in general but I don't think anyone puts any other kinds of fish on pizza), and anything spicy enough to drown out the flavor of the sauce. However, if cheese isn't a defining part of the pizza and sauces other than tomato paste can be used there's really no limit to what can be on a pizza. If you're ever in Little Rock they've got a place called Larry's Pizza that makes all kinds of pizzas, including desserts.

I agree with you on this, that just ruins the pizza.

Anchovies are really good on pizza in small amounts.

Kinds of pizzas I love and enjoy eating/making:

Deep-dish, meat lovers, with precooked broccoli, and anchovies.

Breakfast pizza: scrambled eggs, bacon, skillet fried potatoes, cream of broccoli soup for the sauce, with precooked broccoli, and topped with shredded Cheddar cheese and grated Parmesan.

Baked spaghetti surprise pizza (when I have leftover Baked spaghetti surprise)

Are also a few others I'm experimenting with. (Evil laughs)

I have a lot of recipes if you wanna try.