Favourite WH40K Faction & General Discussion

What is your favourite WH40K faction?

• Total voters

RanmaChan

Mar 17, 2017
The Frozen North, Canada
His writing style is really, really dull. Very dry, very boring. At least, that is how I find it. If the Krieg are to be written in a novel or series, it can't be someone who can turn grimdark war into a snore. See what I did there? Eh? Eh?

Reactions: Endwar

Endwar

Oct 29, 2016
Haha ahhh rhyming jokes.

Anyway, what do you guys think of the 8th Edition Codex of the Dark Imperium? with Cawl and Guilliman's Primaris Space Marines? It is funny how some people say "progress the story!" only to then switch to "Nooo! Dont progress the story" when it doesnt suit their wants. Anyway, ribbing aside from what I gathered despite the initial scare on Primaris Space Marines replacing time andd true Space Marines, it seems that they are met with a respectable and logical amount of skepticism.

Even Guilliman himself despite having a hand in making them, didnt want them to be used since he feared, that they would look down upon their non-Primaris bretheren. Its good that despite being the superior made Space Marines, the Primaris Space Marines, from what I heard are trying to integrate with their seniors and are trained in the ways of the wider Imperium of the 41st millenium

Dragonspiderkitsune

Sep 27, 2016
www.pixiv.net
I think I'm seeing some parallels here: The Emperor didn't give a fuck about the Primarchs and the space marines and only pretended to love them, so eventually chaos found a way in and they rebelled. Now Guilliman was suspicious about his Primaris boys and only pretended to love them and preferred his old smurfs, plus the fact that what's his name the tech priest, Crawl or something? Yeah that guy seemed to be suspiciously smart considering he pretty much single-handedly came up with the Primaris boys throughout all these years in secret. Maybe eventually we'd have another great rebellion in our hands?

Fengathor

Nov 17, 2016
I voted orks.
They believe the best guns are the loudest with the most recoil. I've bought a few guns just because they are loud and fiery.
Their equipment style is all post apocalyptic, which is a setting / genre I love.
Plus they are just full of nonsense and it's awesome XD

Reactions: RanmaChan

RanmaChan

Mar 17, 2017
The Frozen North, Canada
I have been watching some Eternal Crusade, and looking at the people playing Orkz. Quite a lot of them actually play in character, typing out/spelling things the way Orkz would say them, and having Orky sounding names. Even though all Orkz do is bring death, war, and destruction, they are still hilarious, and you have to love them for that weird dichotomy of horrific, yet lovable.

Fengathor

Nov 17, 2016
Yeah, it's good fun.
Plus you usually get those couple guys who will put some effort into leading, and most will just follow along. It's weird, but still awesome.
I remember playing MAG and trying to organize randoms. It was like herding cats. In Eternal Crusade, someone says we need more boys at A, and people just do it.

RanmaChan

Mar 17, 2017
The Frozen North, Canada
Most of the time people do it. I have seen a lot of matches lost because people won't follow squad leaders, or go to points that obviously need help or have to be captured. But that sort of thing happens in every game.

Fengathor

Nov 17, 2016
what is this MAG you are talking about?
it's probably a retarded question ^^
A near future shooter from back on the ps3.
It had some huge maps and a 128 vs 128 game mode.
It was an exclusive, and competing against all the other shooters, so it wasn't as popular as it could've been.

Ch0w

Apr 12, 2017
Yeah, it's good fun.
Plus you usually get those couple guys who will put some effort into leading, and most will just follow along. It's weird, but still awesome. I remember playing MAG and trying to organize randoms. It was like herding cats. In Eternal Crusade, someone says we need more boys at A, and people just do it.
what is this MAG you are talking about?
it's probably a retarded question ^^
MAG for me is this gal

Fengathor

Nov 17, 2016
Finally got a chance to look through the Shadow War Armageddon rulebook. I may actually play some 40k now. I've pretty much been painting and building some Orks just cuz I like the look of them, but now they'll probably get some use :D

Endwar

Oct 29, 2016
Argh! Good on you people that have access to shops that sells 40k wares! Anyway, Shadow War Armageddon does sounds interesting, from the title alone I can hazard a guess, that this will involve the assassin offices. That, or maybe a campaign that was overshadowed by the bigger and more louder battle of Ghazgull Thraka

Fengathor

Nov 17, 2016
The game store near me only just started selling 40k stuff. For the most part it's Warmahordes (Skorne FTW) and X-wing.
I think the Inquisition killteam has access to an assassin as a special operative.
It's set in Acheron, one of the hives on armageddon, and the fluff is a battle between SM scouts, some corrupt AM units, and Orks. They've added rules for a lot of the other armies as well though. Haven't read much of the fluff on it, mainly browsed the basic rules and different killteam gear.
Looks fun, and I love me some skirmish gaming.

Freed85

Aug 31, 2015
I'm gonna vote Tau mainly for the Farsight Enclaves because you've got Tau with their non-corpse controlled mechs and at least some of them know how to fight in melee as well as no ethereals.

Other than that I would probably go with Orks 'cause deys da biggest and da strongest with tons of dakka!

Or the Imperium of man because of the Imperial Knights its literally like if Warhammer 40k and MechWarrior had a baby in the Warhammer universe!

Last edited:

RanmaChan

Mar 17, 2017
The Frozen North, Canada
For some strange reason, I am getting the feeling that you like might possibly like Mechs, @Freed85 ? Lol
You don't like the Titans of the Adeptus Mechanicus? True they are piloted by crews rather than a single person, but the Princepts of mind linked into the machine and controls it themselves with the assistance of their crew. Or maybe Ork Gargants? They are Ork Titanz! You also got Mega Gargantz, da biggest and da strongest of all da Ork Titanz!

Freed85

Aug 31, 2015
I personally just prefer smaller mechs with singular pilots rather than a small army who works various parts of a much larger machine, but hell Titans of all kinds are beautiful machines of death and destruction!

RanmaChan

Mar 17, 2017
The Frozen North, Canada
I absolutely love Titans. Reading about them in books like Dark Apostle, The Crusade For Armageddon, and Titanicus is always awesome. Seeing how they work, all the different internal processes, and the fights they get into, is just great. My first choice is Tyranids, but if I hadn't picked them, I would have picked the Adeptus Mechanicus in the poll (part of the Imperium of Man), probably just for Titan Legions.

Endwar

Oct 29, 2016
Ahhh I remembered an old black and white comic that revolved around the Titan crew of the Warlord class. It was awesome!

Endwar

Oct 29, 2016
That sounds about right. *thumbs up*

Its nice that they felt big, and they had a blast fighting the Orks, and Tyranids. It also tells of the experience of what it is like being inside one of these beastly machines. It was also awesome to read the only Imperator class Titan that I know of in the Space Marine Battle Novels of Helsreach where Grimaldus snapped the Princeps awake back to reality after she was almost swallowed by the soul engine of the Titan.

RanmaChan

Mar 17, 2017
The Frozen North, Canada
I can't find anything for it, at all. No luck whatsoever. I really wanted to read it too, damn. I guess I will have to settle for reading Dan Abnett's Titan stuff in books, which is still awesome.
Can you believe that Titans have to make morale saves now? I honestly couldn't believe it when I heard it, lol.

Fengathor

Nov 17, 2016
Can you believe that Titans have to make morale saves now? I honestly couldn't believe it when I heard it, lol.
Does that mean they're gonna be running from battle, like giant killa kans? That would be hilarious. XD

RanmaChan

Mar 17, 2017
The Frozen North, Canada
Does that mean they're gonna be running from battle, like giant killa kans? That would be hilarious. XD

Yeah, Titans can now run away in fear, lol. Machines capable of destroying cities with a single blast, and subjugating entire worlds by themselves, will now run from the battlefield in fear. A shamefrul dispray.

Freed85

Aug 31, 2015
I remember reading something recently about that where a unit that shouldn't even be able to scratch a titan let alone kill one takes 1 of 3 down and the other 2 flee, I guess walking not-so-softly and carrying an even bigger gun doesn't always work especially now.

Khorne

Apr 3, 2016
New Jersey
Hey guys I got a theory that I want to throw out their. Ok so for those who have read the new 8th edition lore you know that Guillamen is resurrected and with his return it states that the tratior Primarcs are now actively try to defet Guillamen. So I believe that Guillamen has returned other loyalist Primarcs with return as well. For example Vulken of the Salamanders may return because his Chapter has retrieved all of his relics, or Lemen Russ of the Space Wolves could return to the imperium from the eye of terror. As well as any other surviving loyalist Primarcs. And this would conclude in another Horus Heresy sort of thing. So please tell me what u all think of this theory to me it make a decent amount of sense. But tell me what u think.

Endwar

Oct 29, 2016
Hmmm, I dont know about another Horus Heresy event, I dont think the Imperium can survive another galactic-wide rebellion. With Guilliman in command, the Imperium can have the direction, to finally be on the offensive instead of the defensive. We must also remember the traitor Primachs will also have their own selfish desires, and is doubtful that they will be cooperative. Where Angron is angry at everything, Mortarion straight up hates everybody despite his patron god's more jollier disposition.

As for the returning Primarch I think Vulcan will come out far later, as the Salamander's are still looking for his relics. In fact I think the returning loyalist will be the ones that we least expect; Jagathai Khan returning from the Webway after fucking the Dark Eldar 90 ways to Sunday, and Corvus Corax when he finally stops being emo enough and straight up help someone, he ad pretty much 10,000 years to brood and wallow in self guilt. That damn asshole Lion will probably be one of the earliest ones to return before Leman Russ, what with Cypher finally on Terra, the mystery surrounding the sword is one worth paying close attention.

While this also is the most unlikely...mayhaps can...even Sanguinius rise from his tomb...I can only hope they do, even if its wishfull thinking.