Willpower and Psychic Might

Endwar

Oct 29, 2016
Hi guys, just another thread thinking about one of the core stats.

Now as far as I know (and I am sure everyone else does too), is that with patience and repetition, it is possible to max out Steele's core stats, with of course the exception being the willpower stat. So unless you have spent points in the willpower stat. So until the next build where Steele can go up to level 9 you cant add anymore points to willpower, and pretty much any consumable item that affects willpower will permanently be lost.

I have read in passing from a previous thread that something in the next planet, Xamdam. There will be a repeatable event where it is possible to recover and build up your willpower. What do you guys think this event will be (or I could be wrong and there is no such repeatable event), and how anticipated are you guys on the next build update where our Steele can finally make use of psychic powers.

I can imagine few neat psychic abilities from the offensive to the lewd; where in one tree we have the typical expectations of psychic powers like telekinesis and telepathy, but also lusty thoughts where the player will implant sexy images and hallucinations that are dependent of the willpower and the libido stat. Lol!

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
Xamdam isn't actually the name of the next planet, it's a hint/Easter egg about the style of the planet. Xamdam -> MadMax. The actual name of the planet is known, but not to my brain at 4 in the morning.

There is supposed to be a willpower building repeatable event on Uveto, which should be ready relatively soon, but I haven't heard anything about specific events or characters that will be on the new planet.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Xamdam should be named Phandera II or similary if I recall well.

At new lvl-up PC will have more than need stat points to max willpower again as others stats can be maxed without need of stat points fomr lvl-up. So you not need worry about lack of willpower at lvl 9 when it come eventualy. For new planet it shouldn't have it as it would be alt P1 similar to Mhen'ga. But who knows maybe Fen wil put something to train willpower there actualy. I think similar to deathclaws race could be found on that planet if they not already scrapped from plans.

RanmaChan

Mar 17, 2017
The Frozen North, Canada
Steele can finally make use of psychic powers.

I can imagine few neat psychic abilities from the offensive to the lewd; where in one tree we have the typical expectations of psychic powers like telekinesis and telepathy, but also lusty thoughts where the player will implant sexy images and hallucinations that are dependent of the willpower and the libido stat. Lol!

Foul witch, you claim to love the Imperium yet you would allow dangerous Psykers to run free and roam throughout the galaxy? You must be purged!
On a less silly note, but only slightly less, I think it would be great fun to go around jedi mind tricking people into sleeping with you.

Reactions: Endwar

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
I think Curdsonwhey gives you willpower.

Galgano

Aug 28, 2015
But he writers would have to go back and add a Jedi mind control option to everyone

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Speaking of jedi things. I do wonder how many of the class solutions for things will get updated for whenever the fuck we get the psionic class. Unlocking that door on Tarkus or dealing with the the pirate turrets on the same planet with TK seems like i'd be fun.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
There sis some already left for future use bits for time when PC will be psion. For mind control ala Jedi I not think whole galaxy would be so easy to dominate. Plus it may take all the fun when all of sudden with new build PC can control like 90% of ingame npc's to some degree (I assuming miracle will happen and in one go to next build will be implemented changes to most existing npc to allow affect them with PC psi powers). But TK or...umm lightining moves would be interesting to add. We would finaly unlesh true potential of Hard personality muahahahahaha.....

Come to the Hard side... we got thunders and bitch grab moves!!!

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
And for some npc's authors may be not contactable so they may not wanna try make change not knowing if author not had some special plan for case of such option like mind control introduced to the game.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Given the constraints (Several planets of content that cannot be force persuaded), i believe that the only characters in the future that will be psi persuasion vulnerable are psi attuned individuals like Zaalt. And possibly the PC.

Arhon

Jun 22, 2016
Given the constraints (Several planets of content that cannot be force persuaded), i believe that the only characters in the future that will be psi persuasion vulnerable are psi attuned individuals like Zaalt. And possibly the PC.
Assuming the "psi attuned" thing is a perk,

I believe the "psi attuned" thing should be gained after doing a quest which you obtain the "psi attuned" perk and then try to find out more about that perk.

It could make a good story and introduction to the "psi attuned" perk, it would also introduce some "psi" powers or at least give more information about the "psi attuned" thing.

The question is at what lvl should such a quest be able to be started and when. Should it also be random? or should it be able to start it anytime the Player desires? Where should the quest be started?

Of-course this is assuming the "psi attuned" thing is a perk.

If its a class then its a different matter altogether.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Then we should add to "psi attuned" list well at least partial this ovir dancer that can be teased psionicaly too to jizz during dance on stage :p

Regardless I feel some would still bu unsatisfied to demoand even expanding pool of "psi attuned" npc's more than those that already was hinted ingame to have some latent or enhanced with imlants psi powers. Also it's sorta wierd to make those that actualy know how to use pis powers been so weak toward PC mind manipulations. In should be actualy be more resistant then other totaly psi dormant npc's.

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
Telekinesis is sexier than telepathy anyway.

Only cause you can control physical things with your mind, telepathy on the other hand you can talk to people with your mind hell even subvert others thoughts, implant suggestive thoughts, ect, ect. The possibilities for telepathy are quite large.

Reactions: ShySquare

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Wasn't it that PC can pull trick of joking s/he not need even to use hands to strip npc? Wouldn't it be more fun than merely use telepathy to force npc to strip her/himself?

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Waking inception is best hypno. Being hypnotized by a sub would be interesting.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
I wonder...if we would have chance to hypnotize Lana? xD With the power of psionics ofc ^^