Dreamophones/Lilin

Do you think this idea is any good?

• Yeah, go for it!

• Nope, it's trash.

• Fen would never approve.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Chaika

Feb 5, 2017
Hey guys, I've got an idea for an item that turns into a character that I've been kicking about for a bit trying to nail down the logistics/ outline for before I go anywhere with the writing and semi-coding.

Here's the link to the gdoc you can comment/ give feedback on. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1H1TYHPNbEdu2EPNqXALwVw6oAwoBG71k0CPhghiItO8/edit?usp=sharing

The main initial rundown is a set of headphones dubbed 'dreamophones' (horrible name, I know) that the PC finds and brings back to the ship. When they want to relax, they can use this device to help calm down. What they notice during use is an ASMR-like effect that starts off as tingles, and can become much more depending on how immersed they want to get in the feeling and how often they use them.

After sufficient usage, a projected NPC materializes and can up the ante for some scenes. Depending on what's allowed, and how well the idea is received, the NPC could become a ship AI and also introduce a mechanic of xp/level drain. We're not talking game-breaking hardcore drains (unless it really goes down that PC inflicted route), but more as a mechanic to round out Lilin's character, and maybe give a little more to grind for on the player's side.

Let me know what you think. Right now there's quite a few questions littered through the doc I could use some feedback on. If it does go anywhere, I'll have a fairly long road ahead with writing.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
I like the fact it would give another ship A.I option other then Hand So, maybe the two ship A.Is could butt heads (so to speak) from time to time.
I'm sure @Nonesuch will be happy to write these interactions.

Chaika

Feb 5, 2017
I like the fact it would give another ship A.I option other then Hand So, maybe the two ship A.Is could butt heads (so to speak) from time to time.

I guess that brings us to the question of if it's even possible to load more than one AI on a ship. Assuming author consent, I'm sure at the very least there could be a small blurb about having Hand So realize there's another AI on board once Lilin starts to appear. Either as a warning something's up, or a "what are you bringing another AI aboard for, you dirty cyber-slut" sort of deal.

@noobsaleh I'm going to assume that's sarcasm based off your sig and rank.

Any thoughts on the personality/initial default setup? Ideally, you'd be forming an image bit by bit in your head that Lilin bases herself/himself off of, but I'd like to avoid getting into Bess2.0 levels, especially if you're allowed to tweak things later. Should I stick to one personality/look, give some diversity with the 3, or is it really not that bad adding tons of variables to a character?

Reactions: zelda_fan6284

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
The most holiest of grounds

No need to clutter the thread with large quotes, anyway. I'd Think it's entirely possible to have more than one AI in the game but to load more than one AI into the ship would be like having bess and ben on your ship at the same time and have them participate in three-ways with your chimera of a character. It's simply too complicated and might just crash fen.exe.

I suppose the simplest form of modification for the AI would involve only a dom/sub level of interaction, knowing people I know they'd simply not be satisfied with a generic human shaped AI and would want different genders, sub personalities, costumes, and even different 'species' for the AI. It's up to you how complicated you want it but I suggest starting with base level interactions and AI formation.

Chaika

Feb 5, 2017
-to load more than one AI into the ship would be like having bess and ben on your ship at the same time-
Agreed. I would think FenCo will limit the ship to just one, and there would probably be some dialogue involved to remove/upload them to your ship. The 'storage bead' or whatever would become an inventory item to store away if you want to load them again.

Since Lilin can exist as a limited body on her own, it would make sense for small snippets of the loaded ship AI to comment on her, however plans for any sort of threesome sexings or AI on AI are probably out of the question.

It's up to you how complicated you want it but I suggest starting with base level interactions and AI formation.
I'll probably start with a set Lilin to go with and grow it from there. I know people love (myself included) customization, and traits probably aren't too bad to handle; it's the personalities that need the most work.