Into the Grey (for Archangel99)

Reptillicus

Jun 30, 2016
The year is 19BBY and the galaxy is in the grip off the clone wars. The jedi and by extenuation the republic push ever onward to try and end the seemingly endless war that had the galaxy in its grip, and defeat the sith that master it all.

Our story begins with two jedi padawans at the great temple of the jedi order on Coruscant. One a Nautolan woman Amana, the other a Zabrak male Kilarus. The time of their jedi trials would soon approach any day now. We find them training themselves in meditation with the force.

Next to Kilarus sits Amana trying to keep her mind clear, something she regularly has trouble with. Her brow furrows in frustration as she tries to push the over active sea that is her mind to calmness. as she sits cross-legged floating very slightly above the ground she twitches here and there. "Guh.... I don't have any idea how you got a handle on this Kilarus... It's just so frustrating...", she said in a slightly irritated tone. she was wearing sleeveless light brown shirt and brown pants that hugged her legs and showed off her curves rather well. she wasn't a fan of the rather stuffy robes some jedi wore and often opted for less conserve clothing and outfits that breathed better. This however often go her in trouble and was told that it was distracting to the other less experienced jedi.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
Kilarus smirks slightly and opens one eye slowly. "It's easy. First, just fill your mind with a buzzing noise that overrides all other thoughts, and then just... Turn down the volume." He says, chuckling a little at his friend's predicament. He scratches at the black loose fitting shirt he's wearing, along with a set of dark grey pants.
"Don't know how else to explain it. Maybe it's easier for us boys because, according to one of the masters, we-" He raises his hands to make finger quotes in the air. "- Have nothing but lewd thoughts in our heads." He says with a snort. "Oh, and try to slow down your breathing. Focus on the sound and feeling of your deep breaths. That might help too." He adds as an afterthought.

Reptillicus

Jun 30, 2016
She raises an eyebrow to his second comment. "Sure right, have you seen how the youngling girls look at you sometimes? boys have all the lewd thoughts, yeah right.", Amana said with a small chuckle. She sighs, "But I'm getting off track here.... back to thinking of... nothing...", she said after taking a deep breath. She tried thinking of the buzzing sound and then turning it down and it worked for the most part... the normally noisy place that was her mind began to quiet until there there only a few thoughts at a time. one of them being, "Kilarus... he's really is nice.... I feel so much more comfortable around him.... I wounder what he would look like withou- Stop right there!", she thought as she lost her balance in the force and fell on her (rather shapely) rear. "Ga! D-Dammit...."

Last edited:

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Let me guess... You must have had one of those thinly veiled..." He raises his fingers in the air. "Lewd thoughts?" He comments dryly, then shakes his head and lowers himself to the floor before standing and walking to Amana and offering her his hand. "Come on. It's no use trying to meditate when you're distracted. Want to try a little lightsaber sparring?" He asks, raising an eyebrow.

Reptillicus

Jun 30, 2016
She accepts his hand with a firm grip. "Yeah... I guess your right... I find it better to focus when i'm doing something anyway.", she said as she got to her feet. "Ya, gotta sure up our forms anyway." she looks to his lightsaber. "Anyone ever tell you you have one odd looking saber.... I mean I know i've said it before but.... how did you come up with that?"

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
He smirks slightly at her question, then pulls out the saber. "Well... The Force works in mysterious ways..." He murmurs, winking at her. "Clichéd sayings aside, I had seen some old designs of lightsabers. I figured this one would suit my style best, so I went with it." He says with a noncommittal shrug. "I've seen weirder things. Lightsaber whips were among them."

Reactions: Reptillicus

Reptillicus

Jun 30, 2016
Amana nods remembering a few more outlandish sabers she had seen. She then retrieves her own more "traditional" lightsaber and gives it a once over. "Well, I guess you can call me a sucker for the classics. Anyway, so you make the first move or should I?", Amana said as she thumbed her blue beamed saber to life. She then took the classic form 3 opening stance.

Last edited:

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
Kilarus' grin grows wide. "I make the first move, of course. Isn't that how it always is?" He says with a chuckle before igniting his lightsaber; a triad of beams shooting out from each end of the curved staff. "You know the upside of crossguards? You don't get your hands sliced off." He says with a laugh as he twirls his saber and settles into his Ataru form. His smile then disappears, replaced by an intense look as he lets the Force flow through him, and then lunges forward, driving the lightsaber forward to Amana's gut.

Last edited:

Reptillicus

Jun 30, 2016
Amana's big blue eyes focus in on Kilarus, he always did go first being fairly proficient in form 4. The jedi who employed the style always did have a tendency to go on the offense if given the chance.... thankfully for her being on the defense suited her just fine. As Kilarus goes in for the stab she quickly shifted her saber down and to her right knocking his strike to the side. Kilarus and her had sparred numerous times in the past so she knew better then to meet him head on.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
He goes with the flow, sweeping the saber away, and then down to her legs, before feinting an overhead chop and instead going for her other side. His movements are fluid and easy, his saber a very extension of himself.

Reptillicus

Jun 30, 2016
Amana had to act quickly and deftly to keep up with him. bring her lightsaber down to block his sweep then up to try and parry the overhead chop. But when it didnt she had to act fast and bring her saber to her right to defect his blow slightly upwards. She was a quick one when it came to defense but trying to find an opening on Kilarus was always hard, his lightsaber work was quite good he was always very fluid. trying to catch him off guard she took a swipe at him once she had defected his attack, her swipe coming in diagonally from her right.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
This is exactly what he had been waiting for. He suddenly snaps his staff in half, the lower side in his left hand in a reverse grip, and the other in a regular grip. Her blade slides up his, only to catch itself in the crossguards. He twists his lightsaber to the side, locking her blade with his, and drives his other saber forward, the point coming to rest just a few centimetres away from her throat.
"Mm... I win. Again. Now you see the value of having a saber in a rather unorthodox form?" He says with a chuckle.

Reptillicus

Jun 30, 2016
At first her eye widen (witch is something when you already have rather large eyes), then she makes a sort of pouting looking face and looks off to the side mumbling something about him always cheating with his weird saber. she thumbs her saber off after an exhale. "One of these days I'm gonna get you...", she said after wiping some sweat of her already rather moist skin. No doubt that when ever she was worked up and shiny like this she looked quite enticing to Kilarus, but again he had to remember that attachment was forbidden in the order.

"Ah, a good catch Kilarus your skill is continuing to grow.", said the voice of Kilarus master Garlo Sekegg. He was a tall duro with a very piercing stare, some of the younglings would say he could see your very soul, he had entered the room while they were sparring.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Heh. All is fair in love and war, Amana." Kilarus whispers with a wink and a chuckle before turning to his master. "Thank you, Master. You trained me well, so I cannot take all the credit!" He says with a light-hearted laugh.

Reptillicus

Jun 30, 2016
A small grin appeared on the old duros face. His gaze then moved to Amana. "And Amana... you seem... distracted. I can sense it. What troubles you?", he asked his gaze never shifting. "I-Its nothing master Garlo...", she said as she looked off to the side, her gaze now on the floor. Master Garlo raises one eyebow up figuring its a bit personal he nods and says, "perhaps a talk with your own master is in order she will sure have the right words for you.", he says with a warm smile perhaps knowing what was bothering her. He then returns his gaze to his pupil. "Anyway Kilarus, I have an important matter to speak to you about, come.", he motions for him to follow.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
Kilarus raises an eyebrow, and nudges Amana. "Meet me outside in a few hours. We'll go have lunch. My treat." He whispers comfortingly to her before following his master. "Yes master? What's the problem?" He asks, folding his hands behind his back as he walks beside him.

Reptillicus

Jun 30, 2016
Amana seems to brighten up to the idea and nods a smile passing her lips once again. then once master and pupil are out of Amana's ear shot Garlo says. "The force has reveled to me another vision....", he said his voice trailing off. This wasn't anything new, Master garlo was known for his farsightedness in the force. He often would have visions of things that had yet to come, but the meaning would never be very clear, thus was the mysterious ways of the force. "Normally my visions are somewhat vague as you know, but this one was quite clear... and it was about... you."

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
Kilarus frowns slightly. "About me? What did you see, master? You... Don't sound like you're about to say something good..." He murmurs. Kilarus trusted Master Garlo with his life. If it was something serious... He would take his master quite seriously.

[My phone keeps insisting on autocorrecting Garlo to Garlic. XD]

Reptillicus

Jun 30, 2016
[XD auto correct is just asinine sometimes]

Master Garlo paused to collect his thoughts. "...In my vision I saw you in combat in a place that I haven't seen before... any clues to where are obscured and blurry... many a blots of plasma dart about many aimed your way, you easily dispatch these foes, and i even catch a glimpse of Amana dashing into the fray. But then, my vision darkens and...", he pauses again a solemn look crossing his normally rather serine face. "I see.... the flash of a red lightsaber clashes with your own as a dark figure steps from the shadows. you are then locked in combat with this shadowy figure... then all goes black and I hear Amana cry you name....".

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
Kilarus is quiet for a long while, his face masking an inner turmoil. Had his master just foreseen his death...? "So... You're saying the Sith are... The Sith are back?" He murmurs, his eyes shifting from the floor in front of him to his master's eyes as he ignores the real elephant in the room.

Reptillicus

Jun 30, 2016
His master seems distant at first then he speaks up once more. "I cannot say for certain.... but the force is clouded around this figure in my vision... but the red saber is rather compelling evidence." He places his hand on his padwawns shoulder, "I fear that something dark reaches for you.... But, As you master it is my duty to not only teach but to protect you, so I will tell you this: remember you connection to the force it will guide you. And with its guidance we might avoid a grim fate."

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Indeed, master. But, fear not for me. You have e taught me well. Have you so little confidence in me?" Kilarus asks with a small smile.

Reptillicus

Jun 30, 2016
"mmm, its not that I doubt your skill but this vision must have been shown to me for a reason. We must be tread with caution for now.", he said, ever the cautious sort. "I will not keep any longer now, I believe you had an arrangement with Amana?"

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
Kilarus nods, his lips twitching in a slight, momentary smile. "That I did, master." He murmurs before bowing. "Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. I'll be more watchful now." He says before turning and walking away to find Amana.

Reptillicus

Jun 30, 2016
Kilarus soon finds Amana outside he temple waiting for him spinning a small rock in the air with the force, trying to see how fast she could make it go. Once she sees him she forgets what shes doing and the small rock falls from the air and dings her on the head. "Ow!" she looks away embarrassed as all hell, but she quickly rights herself and asks, "uh.... so what was all that about with master Garlo?"

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Uhh.... I'll tell you about it at lunch. Come on. Let's head out. Come on." He murmurs, taking her hand and walking to a nearby taxi, which he directs to Nucasa's Diner, before sitting back in his seat, and waiting for the inevitable flood of questions.

Reptillicus

Jun 30, 2016
Amana got in the taxi with Kilarus and sat in the back with him. See looked to him then away the back to him again. Seeing the look on his face she wasn't sure if she wanted to bother him about his talk with his master but... she just couldn't help herself. "So... everything...ok?", she asked, trying to sound concerned even though she actually was.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Maybe... Maybe not." He murmurs cryptically before leaning forwards so his mouth is right next to her ear. "The Sith... Are back..." He whispers.

Reptillicus

Jun 30, 2016
Amana looks back to him with a look of disbelief. "N-no way.... Master Garlo told you that?", she said quietly, her gaze shifting side to side slightly. The very thought of the sith unnerved Amana.. they were people that could use the force... but used it in an evil and self-serving way. Someone with even a little skill with the force could do some very nasty things to those with no defense form it.....

Last edited:
Reactions: Archangel99

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Not... Not for sure, but... He said the red blade was a rather sharp image. There's also a small possibility that I may or may not die." He says with a small shrug, then gives her a weak grin. "All in a day's work, right?"